Kiki1990's First Hydro DWC Grow Journal - 2013

changed the reservoir, adjusted PH added 1/4 nutrients.

Temperature- 17c
PH- 6
ppm- 525
humidity- 30%

The new roots:
2013-12-29_18_23_53.jpg

try to get it at least 6.2
optimum 5.8
try not to play with the res too much I clean and change my res once a week
I check and adjust ph daily on bigger plants reason being is smaller plants don't intake so much that's theres a drastic change in 1 week
once I notice the intake of water is noticeable I start checking water lvls and ph
for me if the water goes down and ph goes down its intaking more water than nutes so I add plain phed water phed according to what the ph in the res is at the time
if the water goes down and ph goes up for me it usually is intaking nutes and water so I add 1/4 nutes and adjust ph for what the ph in the res is

Happy Freeweed day KIKI Chronic Weekend to you :thumb:

what kind of water are you using?
I don't know what kind of water you have where I am I use it straight out of the pipe but where your at you might have to let it sit out overnight before use
ph can change daily depending on the size of the plant and what its intaking

I had the same problems as you with my current grow. First the damaged roots and then as the new roots were coming fast and strong there was some discoloring from the older roots. I just let it go and everything worked out fine. I'm not sure if it was rot or not. At the time I was thinking that it was probably the damaged roots just dying off. Not sure though, all I know is the roots recovered and the plants are doing very well. What is temp of your rez?

I wouldn't try to clean em.. you may just cause more damage. maybe someone else will chime in about this. I really don't know too much about root rot. I think this grow is starting out tough because you started her in soil then went to hydro. Don't give up though, these plants are tougher than they get credit for. Was there any soil left on the roots when you transplanted? I'm thinking if there was that could have something to do with your problems.

temp of res
what kind of nutes? like me i use organic stuff so theres stuff floating around and all over the roots
yea your plant came from soil too so how white was the roots when you threw it in the hydro? maybe leftover dirt stains?
just make sure plant growth is not being affected
Happy Skunkday Kiki :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom