Kiki1990's Grow Journal - 2013

Well things aren't looking so good...
day after the small defol I did another defol. the reason for that is because I wanted to see how she was doing before doing the full defol. (and she was doing good)
and then I transplanted her into a bigger pot. (I timed it like that in order not to shock her again and again and again, but to do it at once).

a small reminder- i'm growing an autoflower which means every day must be her best day.
and second- I have only watered her once in her life with fertilizers and that was when she was just a baby.

bottom line is it looks like she has a nutrition problem, and that she is shocked for all the changes Iv'e done.

before defol two days ago

2013-09-24_11_27_26.jpg

after defol two days ago

2013-09-24_11_51_26.jpg

new pot

2013-09-24_19_18_17.jpg

today (what i think is a nutrition problem)

2013-09-26_14_36_43.jpg
2013-09-26_14_36_49.jpg

She looks alright Kiki, but you mentioned you've never fed her. Are there nutes in the soil? If not you need to feed her a little, maybe a 1/2 strength dose to start off light. She's getting tall, maybe just needs some food to chunk out a little. I'm no soil grower though, so take my advise with a grain of salt.

if you just re potted there is new soil for the roots to seek and find nutrients from. Maybe hold off a bit after transplanting before adding nutes. Just my opinion.

ya but she started showing signs of nutrients problems only since I changed the pot and added new soil ?? and it's either yes I add nutes to next watering or I need to wait another week till soil drys... so it's critical if yes or no...

kiki1990 said:
bottom line is it looks like she has a nutrition problem, and that she is shocked for all the changes Iv'e done.
2013-09-26_14_36_49.jpg

If you mean the slight yellowing in the upper growth and new growth of the plant? In my opinion you might be going through the very beginning stages of a Nitrogen problem.

Although very easy to cure, to agree with what others have said, I would not worry about it too much at this point. The plant OVERALL does look very healthy, so just keep an eye out for yellowing anywhere lower in the canopy.

As for your soil, you said it has nutrients in it. If you can give me the brand name I will be able to TRY and find the N-P-K value for you. This can roughly tell you how much nutrients you already have and whether or not it is time released (which tends to hurt new growers down the road).

Also, a piece of advice from growing in soil, I would always mix your soil at least 60%-40% (soil - vermiculite) with vermiculite. This really helps with the aeration of your soil which allows you to water more often, in turn feeding new growth more often! Note this for your next grow as I believe it is to late to replant now due to its Autoflower tendencies in how it deals with stress.

Good Luck Kiki ;)!

well I guess I was just freaking out.. because today there is a lot of new growth and it looks like she has bounced back!!!

so next watering I think I'll water only with water!

and yes she has a lot of white hairs all around the bud areas!

to you Africangrower.. I wish the soil even had a brand but it doesn't, it's soil I picked up from a random flower shop. (to my defense I'll say that I only have one growing shop in my city, so the supply is very small, but next grow I will defiantly get a known mix!)

well I guess I was just freaking out.. because today there is a lot of new growth and it looks like she has bounced back!!!

so next watering I think I'll water only with water!

Glad to hear she bounced back, must have just been a little stress from the transplant. She just needed a little time to get acclimated to her new home. Good work.;)

Back
Top Bottom