Obi Wan Cannabinoid Presents - Jock vs Jack - A T5 - Hempy Grow Journal

Hey Jedi master! I love coming in here and seeing the bright clean pics and beautiful grow area! Just perfect girls and obvious pride in getting all the details right!
Bob ;)
Thank you very much. I really appreciate that!

The force is definitely with you Obi Wan. :Namaste:
I'm subbed up. I'm hoping you pull a pound out of those two girls.
Thank you and welcome. I'll be happy with a half pound this round if not maybe a little surprised even. I killed off several beans during germination.

Next grow I plan on a 1 pound SOG.

I wasn't even thinking about the plants being mostly sativa. I'm hoping you get your goal and maybe more. Do the roots fill out those buckets by the time you harvest?
My last grow I've used 5 gal buckets. Even with an eight week veg I don't feel the roots took full advantage of reservoir at the bottom.

I cut the buckets down to about 3.5ish gallons and I'm fairly certain roots are well into the res this time. The water schedule is much better this grow as well. We will have to check the root mass at harvest to be sure. I feel like the 5 was too big for me.

Alright. I've got half of my bulbs swapped out to reds and the timer set at 12/12. This should put us into flower mode by April 1!

I've fed twice in a row. Tonight they will get a deep drink of RO mixed with a little CalMag. I'll probably hit them with one more veg feeding and then switch to bloom nutes. Well, same GH trio but in a different ratio.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a Sativa dominant plant flower. I've only grown heavy Indica's. I'm stoked.

My last grow I've used 5 gal buckets. Even with an eight week veg I don't feel the roots took full advantage of reservoir at the bottom.

I cut the buckets down to about 3.5ish gallons and I'm fairly certain roots are well into the res this time. The water schedule is much better this grow as well. We will have to check the root mass at harvest to be sure. I feel like the 5 was too big for me.

I'm just polishing off a 5gal bucket grow. It was good... slightly larger than I get with 2.5gal buckets... but not nearly as much as I would have imagined. I also have a 3g going that has the same diameter as a 5gal. I think the 3gal round is the sweet spot for my plants. Not as deep as a 5gal, but still has the room for the roots to spread out.
All those words to simply say that I agree with your conclusions here.

Doing a great job Obi. I'm always down for an other T5 grow. I love my T5 setup.

Cheers

It's been about 6 days since I've had the chance to check on my plants. I packed the wife, two kids and the dog into our vehicle and headed on a cross country trip, Clark Griswold style, to visit dispersed family, see the countryside and enjoy some family time. We are on our way back and should be home soon.

I'm hoping the heavy watering and 12/12 schedule was enough to fend off total disaster until we get home.

It's been about 6 days since I've had the chance to check on my plants. I packed the wife, two kids and the dog into our vehicle and headed on a cross country trip, Clark Griswold style, to visit dispersed family, see the countryside and enjoy some family time. We are on our way back and should be home soon.

I'm hoping the heavy watering and 12/12 schedule was enough to fend off total disaster until we get home.

Nothing better then good ol family road trip!! :circle-of-love: We're going to have a house full this weekend 7 possibly 9 kids, four couples, friends dog, our 2 Rottweilers and 2 cats. It will be a zoo all kids under 12.

Have a safe journey home and fingers crossed everything is alright in the garden.

Alright friends. When I got home this morning (very early AM) I was a little surprised to find the plants looking better than I thought they would. Closer inspection showed definite signs of stress. Growth appears to have been stunted a bit. There are a few leaves with deficiencies and some pretty severe wilt especially near the bottom of the plants.

I immediately fed with 50% strength nutes. They had about 4 hours of light remaining and then they were off to sleep for the day. I snapped a couple pics before and after lights off. Both seem to be recovering from the severe drought. Lower branches are becoming livelier and the tops are looking a little better.

The before pics really don't show the degree of mushy, wilted leaf stems very well. Here they are anyway:

Here are a few after lights on pics. They've had about 3 hours of light at this point and should continue to improve. I also swapped out the remaining 4 blue bulbs for red. I think it will be safe to start counting flower days on April 1.

Jock Horror is putting out many pre-flowers though they are hard to see in the pics. Jack Herer is as well but is still a week behind Jock.

I will closely monitor over the next 48 hours and feed diligently until I feel they are fully recovered. I'm hoping to see some 12/12 stretch or more signs of flowering this week.

/Obi

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts and well wishes. Both plants look to be back on track today. It's a huge relief. I'm excited to see these flower.

Starting to think about the next grow beginning in three months.

12/12 is both a blessing and a curse. I now have 6 less hours each day to stare at my plants, lol. I have to remind myself to wait for lights on.

Oh, the things we have to put up with.

Back
Top Bottom