This Guy's 1st Grow: Afgani and Jack Herer

I harvested yesterday instead of Monday, as I needed the room inside the tent. I don't have a scale at the moment, in a few days I'll get one. And in a week or so, I'll post the dry weight.

Things I learned:
1. Get a handle on PH
2. 3.5 gal buckets aren't big enough.
3. 8 plants (that have vegged over a month) are too many for my flowering room with a 600w.
4. Different strains like different amounts of nutes.

And here are some pictures of the 3 Jack Herer's drying:
DSC005232.jpg

DSC005221.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC005201.jpg

DSC005182.jpg

DSC005192.jpg

DSC005171.jpg

DSC005161.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

I'm also growing with a 600w..and in 3.5g pots....they weren't root bound when I transplanted them from 1g but they already are showing in the bottom holes...

Now the hard part...don't smoke it till its ready.(very hard part)

Mine veg'd for over a month in the 3.5 g and then went into flower with the same pot.

Yeah, I'm already feeling the pressure.. haha

Great looking harvest my man! Do you see yourself going to a 1000 or staying with the 600?

Hey SG, thanks! Well actually, I've been thinking I may just add another 600w hps to the tent...

Here is an update to the Afghani's, they seem to be growing oddly slow. But then again , they are very sensitive to nutes and I've probably been over doing it. This is the start of week 10:

DSC005312.jpg

DSC005303.jpg

DSC005291.jpg

DSC005282.jpg

DSC005272.jpg

DSC005251.jpg

DSC005261.jpg

So I picked up a new scale. I just weighted the first batch, 3 plants worth of dried and almost fully cured buds @ 240.4 grams. I'm happy with that :)

Thanks man! I went out and bought a new "water pipe" to celebrate. It's an 18" PHx HD with the honeycomb filter.

But, I should have already started it. As, I already germinated 3 more seeds. 1 of the seedlings didn't make it and I'm not sure if it was the Sharksbreath or one of the SLH yet. So I germinated another SLH so I can tell later on which didn't make it.

Total was 10 plants right? And you grew them all str8 up no LST, FIM or supercropping? Not bad results esp for a first time grower.

Total was 10 plants right? And you grew them all str8 up no LST, FIM or supercropping? Not bad results esp for a first time grower.

Thanks! But I wound up only harvesting 3 plants (Jack Herer's) and getting 8oz 10 grams.

I have one Jack Herer still in there. It was thrown into 12/12 from seedling, I just wanted to see what would happen. It wound up growing 3 branches at each internode. I also still have 3 Afghan's in there too. All should be ready to harvest in about 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom