Obi Wan Cannabinoid Presents - Jock vs Jack - A T5 - Hempy Grow Journal

I'm really happy with the smaller 3.5gal hempy bucket vs the 5gal. The final root mass looked much better this time with the same 8 week veg period. It was a different strain, though. That said, however, the root structure appeared to make much better use of the res area this grow. I'll run 3.5's from here on out.

Both strains were exceptionally drought tolerant. I think I did some root damage near the end letting then dry out too long though.
Both strains required very little nutrients. 50% strength or less.
Jock Horror smells amazing. Jack is a little lighter in fragrance strength.

Some things I tried just for the experience:
I let them dry out. Severely.
I took flower samples from mid flower through harvest. Good knowledge, very decreased yield.
I hung the whole plant to dry. This increased drying time from 1-2 days to 5. I think this was beneficial.
I trimmed 50% when wet and the remainder 50% when dry. I much prefer trimming single wet branches.
I'm going to run dry ice hash rather than ice water hash this time. Stay tuned for that.

/Obi

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

One bucket appears to have a pronounced reservoir line.

Any idea why?
It kind of seems from the photo that the res was pretty high.

I'm really happy with the smaller 3.5gal hempy bucket vs the 5gal.

I'm in that same stream of thought. I really have not seen any huge benefit from the 5gals. Of course, if we were growing trees, that stream might have to jump the banks a bit.

I think I did some root damage near the end letting then dry out too long though.

How long did you dry them out at the end?

Great report. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom