Jack Herer 305 Watt LED + Hempy Bucket Grow

Wow that's alot to think about and it makes alot of sense. I think I will try the standard gh formula on half my next crop and might try not flushing, but that's a hard one to actually imagine doing, flushing is just something I've always done.
The clay balls are only the top 1/4-1/3, I had a bunch of them and I like using them on top, keeps the growroom cleaner, and keeps green stuff which I guess is algae from growing on top. Some of my buckets (the short fat plants) I started the clones in solo cups and after a couple weeks I planted them right to the top of the rez, I think a combo of solo cup veg for a couple weeks then maybe a couple more in the buckets, then flower will be a nice way to go.

Now when u say the recipe on the back of the bottles, do u actually use that much or cut it back?

I've heard you can grow in straight clay balls but I tried one for a little while and it never really got going and was culled.

Thanks for checking my grow out and the advice/comments/ideas, I really appreciate it and my plants may soon too.

quick pics
favorite_bw.jpg

vitwater_compare.jpg

thumbs_up_bw.jpg

thumbs_up_color.jpg

them were mostly jack
5 jacks friends cut yesterday, pics eventually

cool drying rack. Is that sold as a drying rack or something else?

its a clothes dryer, pretty cool, my wife grabbed it on clearance from bed bath and beyond for like 10$, i wish i could turn it down a bit though, its pretty strong and the top racks too strong to use. its working great, figure a couple days on it and the bud will be ready to start curing in jars. I really want to get the bud into jars to get the smell down, this stuff is really overwhelming everything we have for smell control and im afraid the smell may get out sooner or later. i have no special spot for drying bud, usually a cardboard box but the filter/fans normally do the job.

im glad you noticed and like my rack..

Yeahh never thought o that. I think I will dry mine out in the grow tent and keep the fan n filter going before I start the next batch.

Hope this Jack is as good as we hope!

:thumb:

What, no love?

Anyway, with it coming close to finish time for the rest I am concidering shutting the lights off for the last 3 days. I would like some input since i've never done it. I am mostly concerned about humidity, it stays around 45-55 normally- I do not want mold/rot, some of the buds are quite thick. I will run 2 fans, one blower (450 cfm). I'd like to go 36 hours so turn them off day 67, cut day 70.

I can get some more bud shots if it's at all interesting. I kept 2 of the little indicas to get good and couch locky, turning some colors, might be rather sexy on camera.

How much water do they need while they sit in the dark?
I was thinking of making sure the resevoir was empty and just letting them have the moisture in the perlite.

Shutting the lights off for a couple-three days is one of those controversial subjects.

I did it with one harvest, but not sure it improved anything. Certainly did no harm.

They don't need any water. It will give you a head start on the drying, so you may not need to dry as long before the cure.

Nice buds!!!!

heres a couple bud shots. the one on the jackson is the indica just harvested (mostly) and the second shot is next to a jack herer bud thats from a branch that broke early.
jackson.jpg

my_heart.jpg

trying hard to show her color, its got a pinkish/orangish hue depending on the light, the stuff coming down in a week will be more colorful.

pics ---->
dos5.jpg

tres3.jpg

uno4.jpg

Wow, those are some great lookin nugs, Raisin...I'm just starting about 10 sprouts in Perlite and 20oz cups. My plan is to veg them for 3 weeks, see what I have and then transfer the ladies to a single bucket ( Like JapanFreak's ) for the 12/12 stage...Great thread and great buds !!:peacetwo:

Thank you. I like japanfreaks single hempy tub, looks low maintenence. Hempy is really a great way to go, and those plastic cups are great. I put rooted plugs into 16oz cups and ten days later the roots are showing and will be very ready to be transfered to buckets. You can even put clones straight into perlite cups and get roots as fast as in starter plugs in a warm humid dome.

My lights are off, the final stages of harvesting will begin soon..

Raisin, I'm using rapid rooters with Head Start and see some of the second set of leaves coming in after just a few days...at what point would you give them a drink, besides the foliar feeding ? and 1/4 strength to start with ? I use Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A + B

Most people wouldn't be adding any nutes for a couple of weeks at least Oldmxer m8. You may get lucky with a strong strain but often it will show remorse after a week. Let them dry and use only water is usually the sensible cause of action

Your plants look great, and very healthy. Looks like a great grow.
all the best mate,
and happy growing and bountiful harvests.

As for nutes I give clones nothing until they are in the plastics cups, and with that I water a few times first to really rinse out the mix. Usually feed them after a couple days in the cups, so after about 17 days from cut to feeding. I use the Lucas formula with gh flora series. I start them on 1ml micro:2ml bloom, that's for a couple weeks at least, they will get 2.5/5 once in the buckets.

They have all been cut down and are soon to get trimmed. Next crops in the room: purplewrecks and a couple jacks. They should like the new room and light. They will be in buckets in a week or less.

Early smoke report on Jack:
buds dried a couple days then about 12 hours on the good old cable box.
The taste is so familiar to me: grapefruit, old going bad lime, and a bit of a pumkiny/piney/hazey underneath with a good bit of sweat skunkiness in there. Sorry I'm embellishing a bit, it was a very quick dry. It's there but mixed with the green harshness of uncured bud. It really holds it's flavor in hydro, I'm sure it would be noticible side by side to soil but it's really good in hydro too. You know what you are smoking. I cannot wait to see what a month in a jar will do! it's a racy high, the hearts pumpin, but I'm still probably not gonna accomlish much for a while. It's potent. As good as I've found, except a couple crazy nugs, you know those ones you always remember, but as far as anything else around available in a ziplock, it's there. 3 puffs on tha bong and I had to back up off of it and set my cup down. (shout out to Snoop!!)

Never had any doubts that in capable hands the JH would prove a match for any smoke amigo.

Congrats on producing one of the finest

Back
Top Bottom