Jack Herer 305 Watt LED + Hempy Bucket Grow

Raisin J

Ok this journal will focus on 3 Jack herer ladies grown hempy style under LEDs.

I have 2 90 watt tri band (orange) ufos
and a Procyon.

The jacks will each have their own light and will be lst'd. Will veg about a month.

This will be my second grow with these LEDs and my 3rd time using hydro/hempys.

My goal is 2oz each minimum.

Other goals:

I plan to try some breeding in this grow. I have 4 unsexed satori, one definate standout. The standout one is a tri fo' late or something, 3 branches from each node. This will hopefully be my male. I will try and selectively pollinate some branches on a Jack and a bobo. Satori seems a good pick for a male, no other strain has said "stud" like satori, at least in my grows. So an attempt at 2 crosses, to refine over the next 5 years or so, so when I relocote I can bring some with me, not just completely starting over.

My only question really is about timing, can I start bloom at the same time for both male and female, pull the boy before he pops, and then brush the pollen on by hand?

Sounds cool bud. I'm a hempy grower as well, gotta love the simplicity and the results are killer. I don't see why you couldn't start both the male and female flowering at the same time. When I do a seed crop that's what I always do, pull it before it pops and gently pollinate a few lower buds.

Good luck with the grow man, I love jack herer, actually had a half oz of it a few months back, me and my buddies are always trading buds. One of my favorite strains. I'll be followin along! :grinjoint::smokin:

Great to have a hempy grower on board.
I have a hempy experiment going right now sort of, using coco blend- coco/peat. Just at 40 days bloom, 16 hempys under a 600 watt. I will be doing more with this but a refined version soon.
Everything is on hold til I get some cash for perlite and time to plant them. I will try and plant them deeper this time and use more hydroton on top. I am also going with 4:1 instead of 3:1 on the perl/verm mix because of the LEDs.

Also in the room will be 6 bobos under cfls.

I will get some pics of my layout and some bud shots from my last (still ongoing) harvest up when I get a chance next couple days.

a few pics of the led room
overview14.jpg

satori_and_haze.jpg

purple_wrecks_in_pink.jpg

triangula.jpg

I think I will scratch the verm this time, seems like the decreased intake with the LEDs would do better with better drainage. I just have to rinse the perlite and then pop them in, just wonder how much more I may need to water..?

I know I said I'd just focus on the jacks under led but I think I'll kinda toss it all in here.

Next hps crop will be bobo and hopefully clones of satori and bs haze.

It is nice to smoke Jack herer all day, life is pretty good right now.

Not much to say other than my purplewreck look great, very uniform, best looking seedlings I've grown, 6 of 6 going strong.

Feeding the hempys plain h20 for the first 6-7 days then I'll start small. Will feed on a 3 nute, 1 water schedule, every other day.
Gh flora Lucas formula, start with 1.25/2.5 micro/bloom and creep up to 8/16 or a bit higher at the peak of bloom.

Last nutes for my hps cocoblend ladies. Not gonna use that again, yeilds are gonna be poor, that medium doesn't drain. I have a couple 4-6" plants, and a couple 8ish", they look ridiculous, could this be caused by the medium or maybe the cold nights? Well none of them performed or grew much in that stuff, but it's still obvious the hps is superior, at least in situations where you can use one..

Any opinions on my 3 branch to a node satori? Is it likely male or female
because of this? Will all clones from it also be that way? If it is a boy is it good to use for pollination and if so will that trait be passed down? Man I hope the butchers following along or sees this.

Here's another question: if a pollinated female produces seeds that are a cross between her and the male, what the he'll kinda seed does the male produce? Or does it produce seeds at all? Boys have always been chopped, my choice stud will be my first male kept past the first glancing of sacks.

Hey Rasin, lookin good bro! Yeah those purplewreck's look good, Reserva Privada are good breeders, my kandy kush looked really strong early on like that as do my DNA Genetics strains.

Oh and Males dont produce seeds, only pollen. If you clone from a female plant you get female clones, vice versa.. Also I noticed you said something about cold nights, how cold are you letting it get in the grow room? Anything below around 57f and they'll really slow down.

Keep up the good work man.. :grinjoint:

Goin to be some lighting changes to the led room, it's gonna be a dual 600 watt room soon, hps, vroom vroom. Got a six on the way and will have to wait a bit for the 2nd. Also have hawaiian snow and cheese as strains now, for now. I'm figuring on them LEDs moving to a smaller location where they will be better suited.

Back
Top Bottom