Jack Herer 305 Watt LED + Hempy Bucket Grow

Hey Raisin J, looking good. Looks like you got a lot going on. I love the hempys, if I ever get to grow that's how I'm going to do it. Does any one reuse their run off water? It seems like a waste not to since many hydro setups run back to the res. or what about using a pump on a timer to water a couple times a day? These may be dumb questions but I want to learn as much as I can so I'll be prepared when my day comes. Hey Doc and SS,are you guys everywhere? It seems like I'm following you,lol! :peace:

We tend to pop up when we notice a new Hempy grow ;)

The beauty of the Hempy is it's simplicity and how well it works for just being a bucket with a hole drilled in the side.

Some people set them up with drain hoses connected to the drain holes to keep things cleaner, or like DocBud, put their buckets on a drain table.

The thing is, if you recirculate, it's no longer a passive hydro Hempy bucket, it's an active hydro system and you lose the simplicity.

What you're describing is an ebb and flow active hydro system, and they work very well, but they are far more complicated than Hempys.

Hempys aren't as automated, but they perform very well also.

Thanks SS,I didn't know if ebb n flow had a res in the bucket like the hempys or if the medium would cause salt build ups. So many questions and so much to learn. I figured it would still be relatively simple and cheap as you wouldn't need an expensive timer and a low rate pump. :peace:

I am really happy to see folks checking out my grow. I think I will end up flowering 6 jack, 7 bobo and another 4 possibly: 3 ha snow, 1 cheese under:
2x600 watt hps. a big change from the leds and of course it means some work adding airflow, alot of watts in a closet. aircooled lights, 2 blowers (450 cfm each), one for the lights, one for airflow and heat/smell control. alot of work to come, but i think we know what im after here..

on planting them deeper: i actually thought i went pretty deep this time for that very reason. i left alot of room up top and will top them up with hydroton soon, probably afer the trimming of the lower branches, which will be after they are good and healthy.

starting them in solo cups looks to be better though and i have some going into buckets like that soon.

shoot for late february to bloom. lst the jacks to keep my canopy even, dont know about the snow and cheese, all 4 were clones taken a month into bloom. id like to possibly get a clone from them but not a big deal.

here comes a few pics, a couple jacks, a bobo, and my purplewrecks.
purplewrecks were put on a wet papertowel on newyears, the hempys have been in the buckets 20 days and took a couple weeks to show much progress, the jacks are doing better, they root faster.

jack11.jpg

jack21.jpg

bobo.jpg

purplewreck2.jpg

Lookin good Raisin,I'm subscribed so I'll be in it to the end. Always glad to check out a hempy grow. :thanks: for your journal. :peace:

Well let's talk nutes. This is still new to me so some opinions on nutes would be appreciated.
They went day 1,3,5 h20
day 7,9,11 .5 micro/1.0 bloom per gallon
day 13,15,17,19 1.0 micro/2.0 bloom per gallon
day 21 h20
now that was today
I plan to go to 2.0/4.0 next time (day 23)
this is general hydroponics flora using the Lucas formula
I liked it alot last time, so simple
I figure to get up to 8/16 micro/bloom by week 5 of bloom
I did these under LEDs last time and I think I might be able to go alot higher on nutes, but I don't have the new lights yet and will see as we go

any thoughts..?

I really need simple and enjoyed not using my ph meter past week 3 last time.

I'm pressing hash in my boot while I work, pressing hash on the mans dime.

Well let's talk nutes. This is still new to me so some opinions on nutes would be appreciated.
They went day 1,3,5 h20
day 7,9,11 .5 micro/1.0 bloom per gallon
day 13,15,17,19 1.0 micro/2.0 bloom per gallon
day 21 h20
now that was today
I plan to go to 2.0/4.0 next time (day 23)
this is general hydroponics flora using the Lucas formula
I liked it alot last time, so simple
I figure to get up to 8/16 micro/bloom by week 5 of bloom
I did these under LEDs last time and I think I might be able to go alot higher on nutes, but I don't have the new lights yet and will see as we go

any thoughts..?

I really need simple and enjoyed not using my ph meter past week 3 last time.

I'm pressing hash in my boot while I work, pressing hash on the mans dime.

I don't use those nutes, but that certainly seems like a plan to me.

And +Reps for the hash in your boot.

:peace:

Last grow, with 3:1 perlite:verm I flushed every 3rd watering, it would be every 9 days a light flush. This time I won't be flushing as much probably every ten days, so every other day I water with nutes and after 4 times the 10th day will be reg water. At least that's my plan. Every other day feeding instead of every third day since there's no Vermiculite.

I have 4-8 more in solo cups that I'm trying to see if spending a week or 2 in there gives them a better start. I'm thinking instead of a few roots touching down into the rez after 2 weeks, they will have the bottom of a 16oz solo cups worth of roots, getting immediately in the rez, also saving me time since I can start a closets worth of hempy clones in a much smaller space. Losing that first 2 weeks veg as the roots get busy isn't cool.

13-17 hempys under 2x 600 hps= ??? Should be fun!

Trials. It's been a shit week. May end up with only 1x 600, delays and other bs. Plants are good. May scratch the Hawaiian and cheese since I'm short on a light and I gotta get this going, 7 bobo, 6 Jack. Let's shoot for a pound. The 13th lady may get some pollen on her if I can get some in the next 2 weeks.

Got a 600 over 6 Jack and 7 bobo. A second would be exciting but I don't know yet. Looks like I have male flowers on buds from Jack and bobo, bad crop, grown in coco blend, stressed into giving up some nanners. I don't know how viable, they all appear closed and tight in the buds. I will collect some of both when I begin trimming them tomorrow. I am happy, I have never seen male parts on either strain so it's not a usual thing. Can I use 2 different types of pollen on one plant? Seperate branches, done on different days? I would like to try both on my 13th bucket, a bobo, it'll sit off to the side and the other 12 will get the best light coverage, since I won't be as concerned with yeild. Of course a 2nd 600 would be plenty for 13 if I can get one in.

Yup you'll get different crosses, tie a string or some kind of identifier so you'll know which will be wat ;)

:dro::popcorn:

Ok I got no pollen, musta dreamed it, found only one underdeveloped nanner. I have confused dream/reality before, weird shit.

I have satoris x4, unknown sex, vegging. I have my females 12/12 but only one lights out night so far. I'll flip the satoris and hopefully get a big load of pollen within the next 2 weeks I can use.

Satori/Jack and Satori/Bobo

I think the bobo needs testosterone injections if I ever wanna see it hermie.

Ok I got no pollen, musta dreamed it, found only one underdeveloped nanner. I have confused dream/reality before, weird shit.

I have satoris x4, unknown sex, vegging. I have my females 12/12 but only one lights out night so far. I'll flip the satoris and hopefully get a big load of pollen within the next 2 weeks I can use.

Satori/Jack and Satori/Bobo

I think the bobo needs testosterone injections if I ever wanna see it hermie.

If you are serious and have a couple $$ there are few options you can look into like Colloidal silver(which you can make urself), Gibraellic(spellin) Acid, STS or just over flowering, that can get you some nanners/pollen

dro :nomo:

yeah i think i wanna go the sts route. i looked at a site that sold it mixed already but they arent big on emailing a brother back about shipping to alaska.

ive tried a few times to get bobo to pop some, i have one at 80 days of
12/12, still nothing. its gonna be way beyond couchlock when it gets smoked.

its such an incredible strain, but adding some fresh dna to a 30+ year old clone could only be good.

thanks for following along.

Hahahahahaha.. well smack that bobo around!...
And if the bobo is too strong use it in food or as mixing bud. For instance if you're rollin up a joint, you just add it to some mids that you're gonna roll up and it will be niiiiice ;)

dro :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom