Kiki1990's First Hydro DWC Grow Journal - 2013

some new updates:
On the WW:

Having problems with the training for two reasons: 1. I'ts hard and I haven't yet understood the concept no matter how much I read.
2. My Mrs has decided to be IN on the grow and training with two people is even harder.
So WE ended up doing a bit of training and some defoliation.

with my AKR:

the seed has been in the paper towel for 4 days and still no sign of life, so I took her out put her for 12 hours in a cup with water and again into paper towel, just because it felt right!

may we all have success in our grows!

some new updates:
On the WW:

Having problems with the training for two reasons: 1. I'ts hard and I haven't yet understood the concept no matter how much I read.
2. My Mrs has decided to be IN on the grow and training with two people is even harder.
So WE ended up doing a bit of training and some defoliation.

with my AKR:

the seed has been in the paper towel for 4 days and still no sign of life, so I took her out put her for 12 hours in a cup with water and again into paper towel, just because it felt right!

may we all have success in our grows!

Whaat up kiki
Nice work with the training. We all starts at that point "What the fuck do i have to do next?" :D But my advice to you is do some training as you think it is and then wait a week and see how it turns out :)

Good luck my freind :cheer:

Good news on my AKR she has sprouted and she is now in the rockwool!!
I'ts my first encounter with rockwool so I hope i did it right..
May she have the best of luck!

2014-01-14_12_24_17.jpg

happy Tokerday Kiki :thumb:
ive done it like that before but not with as big of string and only tight enough to close it up
the tops still a bit open but if the sprout can pop off the shell on its way out don't worry

so here is a full update:

first I hope everyone is having a great day!!

now for my withe widow:
she is a bomb and up to now nothing slowed her down...
I trained her and did a defoliation it's a bit hard to see but the idea I was going for was basically to separate the branches and to lower them down, I tried my best not to tie them down but rather to put the string form one side to the next as if a net but it wasn't always possible.... now picss

before:
2014-01-15_23_19_05.jpg
2014-01-15_23_18_58.jpg

after:
2014-01-16_13_19_48.jpg
2014-01-16_13_23_06.jpg
2014-01-16_13_23_51.jpg
2014-01-16_13_27_15.jpg

Now for my Afghan Kush Ryder :

she is out of the cube from both sides :) not really really sure when to put her in to the DWC setup....

2014-01-16_09_27_03.jpg

2014-01-17_11_29_30.jpg

it could actually be sticking out from the bottom already
and if it is you can stick it in some people say make the water below the netpot and water by
hand till the roots reach the water
what I do is make my water about 3/4 of an inch above the bottom of the netpot
put in my hydroton so that the water with the bubbler on can just wet the bottom of the rockwool
or in my case rooting plug
but ive done it with rockwool before and it works fine

besides if the water is too high itll come out from the netpot
the water doesn't have to be filled to the top for it to do that
done it a couple times and knew it was too much liquid in the res
just saw liquid bubbling up from the hydroton lol
right now when I do res changes I refill 4.25 gallons in my 5 gallon bucket
I use 3 gallons in my 3 gallon buckets only with the lids I didn't put an inspection hole on which is all but one lol
I couldn't put a skirt on that one to keep the water from dripping out the lid
so for that one I use 2.5 gallons of water ok im rambling Happy Freeweed day :thumb:

defoliation is silly. are you still in veg? if so give her a week to recover.

Back
Top Bottom