Gang's Second (Box) Grow: CFL + LST + Soil

DAY 63 Update, Part II:

Gaia:

Just gave her some molasses water pH adjusted to 6.98. Runoff pH 6.82. Her bud density seems to be lagging behind (relative to my first grow) by about 5 days or so. No worries. I will wait for her as she is still putting on mass by the day. I removed some yellow leaves.
day063_gaia_002.JPG

Here you can see that Gaia is not too curvy. More angular, I'd say, and a bit squished in the box at this point. I took a couple more of the smaller/lower budlettes for sampling the medicinal effects. Still a cerebral head shift. Very strong, indeed. Needs a bit more body effect, if possible. Averaging about 50/50 clear to cloudy trichs, but there is quite a bit of variability.
day063_gaia_009.JPG

day063_gaia_010.jpg

These photos pretty much show what the average top looks like. Most of the mass of each mini-cola is concentrated into the top 2-3 inches. So, I should be able to harvest around 30 or so nice tight 2-3" mini-colas from her. While the buds will not be very large, the colas I harvested last time were more dense than any HPS-grown buds I've seen in recent years.
day063_gaia_013.JPG

day063_gaia_005.JPG

:thanks:

+rep, just sat here for 2 hours reading both of your journals, incredible.... I'm looking forward to starting a small cfl soon as well, inspiration!

:thumb:
Gaia's colas look way fatter than they did about a week ago. Very Sweet!
Cool, man. I think they've plumped up a bit too and I hope she just keeps on giving. I can't wait to tear into it tho! It's day 67 and I'm gettin' a bit antsy.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...until you run out. :ganjamon:

:peace:

Oh man, that had me laughing more than once, and laughter is definitely good medicine. Gonna have to steal that one.

Btw, congrats on your latest growing successes and thanks for creating such an awesome journal chock full of info and good times.

I must say. I just finished runnin through your last grow again and I must say your skillz jumped a level. congrats on the positive results. I love the frostiness of your last batch, the trichs have a heavier coating. +rep

Thanks man. It's always good knowing I've got some of the best watching over me here . . . .

I think I've learned quite a lot over the last two grows, made some mistakes this time and last, so I'm ready to apply the new experience and knowledge for even better results next time.

Yeah, I love the trichs on these ladies. This is the only strain I've ever grown, so I think I got pretty lucky. Sticky like crazy too.

+rep, just sat here for 2 hours reading both of your journals, incredible.... I'm looking forward to starting a small cfl soon as well, inspiration!

Sweet! You can grow some fantastic medicine with CFLs, no doubt. The buds I grew last time were some of the best medicine I'd ever smoked. Every top became a sticky, dense, and potent mini-cola. Not a big yield and not gigantic buds, and yes, I got quite a bit of popcorn, but still, that shizz was off the hook.

Good luck on starting your grow. Thanks for stopping in and taking all that time to read through my journals.

Day 67:

Already three days longer in flowering compared to last grow. Trichs are 60:40 cloudy to clear. Amber here and there, amounting to less than 1-2% I'd say for both gals. Lots of yellowing leaves falling off Gaia, or come off with the slightest tug. More red this time too.

Gaia:
DSCF001413.JPG

Gaia:
DSCF001211.jpg

Jetsam:
DSCF002313.jpg

:peace:

gangalicious;1027848 [QUOTE said:
Cool, man. I think they've plumped up a bit too and I hope she just keeps on giving. I can't wait to tear into it tho! It's day 67 and I'm gettin' a bit antsy.

It looks like from your last pictures that she is going to keep on givin' fo sho-gotta love a gal who is a giver! But here is something to contemplate from Ovid; "Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour". So Hang in there Man!!:woohoo:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Crazy frostiness dude :yummy::woohoo:

+rep

dro:reading420magazine:

Thanks, man. Gonna hold onto this strain for a while. I think I made too many errors this grow to have realized it's full yield potential with my current setup. Still crazy frostiness though, easy on the eyes, and great potency. Lovin' it.

It looks like from your last pictures that she is going to keep on givin' fo sho-gotta love a gal who is a giver! But here is something to contemplate from Ovid; "Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour". So Hang in there Man!!:woohoo:

Hey Palcah, poetry was never my thang, so I'm seriously thinking I'm ready to practice some "slash and burn" agriculture pretty soon . . . I'll try to hang in tho.

gangalicious, gotta say that I love the two grow journals. I'm currently running a similar cfl grow, and would love to have even half the bud/frostiness that you do. Great job mang, and continued health to your budses!

Hey mang, what's up! Thanks for taking the time to check out my journals. If you're careful and play your cards right, you could far surpass what I'm gonna yield this grow. Aim high, leferikson! Aim high!

Got yourself some frosty ladies, amazing job.....

Hey sonzor. I know how busy you've been lately, but you still take the time to stop in and say whassup. Nice.

Hello Gang!

What an inspiring grow!!

Just a couple questions... Was Gaia a clone you got at the same time as the clones used in your first grow?

And is Jetsam one of the "accidental" clones from the first grow? If so, that is impressive indeed!

Those buds are amazing. You say you made mistakes this grow? I just about ready to call that bluff lol. Awesome job Gang, i cant tell ya enough. You are totally kicking ass in that space. Jetsam looks very pretty too.

Dro:reading420magazine:

Hello Gang!

What an inspiring grow!!

Just a couple questions... Was Gaia a clone you got at the same time as the clones used in your first grow?

And is Jetsam one of the "accidental" clones from the first grow? If so, that is impressive indeed!

Hey Medijuana, thanks for stopping in. Excellent questions indeed. Had to reference my previous grow to get it all sorted out again.

It all started with plants A and B, which I received as clones. The two "accidental" clones both came from plant B during two separate sessions of some over-rigorous "low-stress" training. One branch lived to became the "mom" and the other became Gaia. So, Gaia is actually one of the "accidental" clones. Jetsam is a clone I purposely took from the mom.

Sweet. Thanks for helping me sort that all out.

Those buds are amazing. You say you made mistakes this grow? I just about ready to call that bluff lol. Awesome job Gang, i cant tell ya enough. You are totally kicking ass in that space. Jetsam looks very pretty too.

Dro:reading420magazine:

Based on the strong autumn colors and leaf yellowing (and it's day 70) I thought the trichs would be a little more mature by now, but the trichs are still mostly cloudy with quite a bit of clear too. Gonna check again in a few minutes tho. Can't wait.

Well, maybe not huge mistakes so, okay, "learning experiences" : Gaia got a little root bound before I transplanted her and then I transplanted her at a weird time. I also think Gaia's buds are not quite as full and dense as the buds from last grow, but we'll see. Still, I think the yield may be less than what I originally anticipated. No sweat tho. It's all about the process.

The new pH meter revealed that the nutrient solution I had been giving them was more acidic than I realized, therefore the soil was way more acidic than I had realized. This may have caused some issues with nutrient uptake and such. The old pH kit is not even accurate enough to measure my tap pH reasonably, as it turns out.

No doubt about Jetsam tho. Nice and dense and firm. Can't wait to chop, snip three, maybe four leaves (cuz that's allz she's got lolz), hang to dry, then straight to jar.

Okay, I just finished checking on the ladies. Still lots of clear trichomes everywhere, cloudy are predominant I'd say, and there's a little amber starting to show up here and there, but just a little. Good news, though, both look to me like they are continuing to fatten. When I first opened the doors to the cab I got a pretty good sense that Gaia, especially, is still putting on some mass.

Do the really yellow and/or red leaves still have any resources left in them? Is the red mostly just a pigment change?

Must go read . . .

Towards the end of the life cycle, as the plant rampages through its reserve nutes you will see interesting colors in the fan leaves sometimes. I just harvested last week, and 2 of my plants had red and purple leaves. Idk it jus happens, everything else was in check so I didn't sweat it much. :blushsmile:

Back
Top Bottom