1st Grow - CKS Revolver Auto CFL Closet Grow

I'm pulling up a chair.

Yup, wish I fully realized that before I started with autos for my on going first attempt, that said I sort of inherently knew that I'd have less time to fix problems, but at the same time was also so worried about uncertainly of my tent and overall environment setup that I figured for a first ever grow not having to be as concerned with the light timing and darkness problems or slip ups outweighed other disadvantages. I don't regret the decision, yet, but I definitely see as more a 50/50 thing in my mind vs 65\35 i first did. l
I figured the shorter life span and no need for a closely monitored light schedule would work better for me as a noob, but I did not take into consideration the fact that I was definitely going to screw up...and autos are less forgiving with that short life cycle. I have like 13 auto seeds though so I gotta deal with the decision I made lol.

By the way I'm subbed for your grow. I literally just planted a Candy Cane auto about 15 minutes ago, so I'm excited to see how you're turns out!

I figured the shorter life span and no need for a closely monitored light schedule would work better for me as a noob, but I did not take into consideration the fact that I was definitely going to screw up...and autos are less forgiving with that short life cycle. I have like 13 auto seeds though so I gotta deal with the decision I made lol.

By the way I'm subbed for your grow. I literally just planted a Candy Cane auto about 15 minutes ago, so I'm excited to see how you're turns out!

Thanks for following, need all the advise I can get.
The more Candy Canes the better, even better that it's supposedly a 7-week flower.....so really probably 8. ;)
I only have 2 plants total so if something goes real bad (/me crosses fingers) it's catastrophic, it's good you have a bunch.

Thanks for following, need all the advise I can get.
The more Candy Canes the better, even better that it's supposedly a 7-week flower.....so really probably 8. ;)
I only have 2 plants total so if something goes real bad (/me crosses fingers) it's catastrophic, it's good you have a bunch.
Do you mean these are your only 2 seeds? I only have 1 plant, but I have a lot of seeds in storage. I won't grow most of them until I suck a little less lol.

Haha it's not sucking man, it's all an education in cultivating the most amazing plant in my opinion. The herb can teach us to be patient and to love. They appreciate when you show them what you've learned while benefitting from them haha.

Don't worry about the auto vs. photo thing your on the right track. The hardest thing for most first time growers is being impatient and being heavy handed with handling and watering. I'm rough on my bitches but I'm getting better lol!

Haha it's not sucking man, it's all an education in cultivating the most amazing plant in my opinion. The herb can teach us to be patient and to love. They appreciate when you show them what you've learned while benefitting from them haha.

Don't worry about the auto vs. photo thing your on the right track. The hardest thing for most first time growers is being impatient and being heavy handed with handling and watering. I'm rough on my bitches but I'm getting better lol!
I have definitely learned so much on this grow. I really think my next one will be pretty good...or as good as it can be with my cfls and tiny grow box.

I overwatered a lot at first too. There's so much bad info out there, it makes it tough for new growers to get the right information. Like, if it's dry to the touch water it...that is a good way to ruin your roots, but everything I read at first said to do that.

I have definitely learned so much on this grow. I really think my next one will be pretty good...or as good as it can be with my cfls and tiny grow box.

I overwatered a lot at first too. There's so much bad info out there, it makes it tough for new growers to get the right information. Like, if it's dry to the touch water it...that is a good way to ruin your roots, but everything I read at first said to do that.

Yea man I go by how heavy the container is. Once they start drinking it's so obvious when they need water. I like to do a feast/famine deal on plants in soil. If you think the container is dry, wait one more day .

Yea man I go by how heavy the container is. Once they start drinking it's so obvious when they need water. I like to do a feast/famine deal on plants in soil. If you think the container is dry, wait one more day .
I learned that a little late, but now I know exactly how much it weighs when it's dry. Makes life so much less stressful. :)

What do you guys think about using this kind of material to make reflectors for my CFLs?

420-magazine-mobile1979319466.jpg

It's aluminum ducting, but I don't know enough about this stuff to know of it'll cause hot spots. If anyone knows, please let me know.

What do you guys think about using this kind of material to make reflectors for my CFLs?

420-magazine-mobile1979319466.jpg

It's aluminum ducting, but I don't know enough about this stuff to know of it'll cause hot spots. If anyone knows, please let me know.

I don't know about the hot spots, but I can already see that it is capable of reflecting light! Hopefully someone else reading can chime in.

Do you mean these are your only 2 seeds? I only have 1 plant, but I have a lot of seeds in storage. I won't grow most of them until I suck a little less lol.

No,no, I have about 2 dozen seeds on the sidelines, I just meant I only germed and planted 2 for my first attempt, same as you I figured why bother doing more till have at least some clue what I'm doing, plus I don't think my tent could fit more than 3 unless I went with smaller pots, in fact I find 2 gallons a little crapped given the stuff I have to have inside there as well (humidifier etc).

No,no, I have about 2 dozen seeds on the sidelines, I just meant I only germed and planted 2 for my first attempt, same as you I figured why bother doing more till have at least some clue what I'm doing, plus I don't think my tent could fit more than 3 unless I went with smaller pots, in fact I find 2 gallons a little crapped given the stuff I have to have inside there as well (humidifier etc).
I feel you on being cramped for space.

420-magazine-mobile1660731348.jpg

This is all I can work with at the moment. I'll have 2- 3 gallon pots after this current accidental bucket grow lol. Once my house is finished I'll have a legit grow space, but I'm just learning for now. Are yours CKS seeds too?

I feel you on being cramped for space.

420-magazine-mobile1660731348.jpg

This is all I can work with at the moment. I'll have 2- 3 gallon pots after this current accidental bucket grow lol. Once my house is finished I'll have a legit grow space, but I'm just learning for now. Are yours CKS seeds too?

YUP! I have 12 from CKS - and that's what I'm growing now, one from each strain I got from them.

Checking before (your post made me remember I have more seeds than I thought and posted), have 35 others from MSNL (30 I ordered (2 15-multi-packs and 5 free), 10 from CKS who included one extra of the WWidow and CandyCane. The packs if I remember right were the fruity fem pack, and the auto-high-thc-pack.
I actually ordered the MSNL ones first, and then thinking they may not arrive in timely manner ordered some from CKS, cause I was impatient. Hilariously both arrived basically the same day, though CKS technically first in AM (got it 5 days from order), MSNL about 20-21 days.

My grow journal at the start has a chart of all the strains I got and could pick from.

That's a cute setup, can't believe you got everything to fit in there. lol

YUP! I have 12 from CKS - and that's what I'm growing now, one from each strain I got from them.

Checking before (your post made me remember I have more seeds than I thought and posted), have 35 others from MSNL (30 I ordered (2 15-multi-packs and 5 free), 10 from CKS who included one extra of the WWidow and CandyCane. The packs if I remember right were the fruity fem pack, and the auto-high-thc-pack.
I actually ordered the MSNL ones first, and then thinking they may not arrive in timely manner ordered some from CKS, cause I was impatient. Hilariously both arrived basically the same day, though CKS technically first in AM (got it 5 days from order), MSNL about 20-21 days.

My grow journal at the start has a chart of all the strains I got and could pick from.

That's a cute setup, can't believe you got everything to fit in there. lol
I read through that in your journal. I picked Candy Cane and Revolver. I wish I would've done Candy Cane and Northern Lights, but they were out when I ordered. They sent me like 14 seeds when I ordered 10. CKS is going to be keeping my business.

Yeah, it's surprisingly more room than it looks lol. I actually had to put in slats to raise up my bucket because I had too much room lol.

Can you post a pic of the plant in the grow box? (Unless i missed it ?) Feeling curiouser than a cat that's yowling outside a locked bathroom door.

Can you post a pic of the plant in the grow box? (Unless i missed it ?) Feeling curiouser than a cat that's yowling outside a locked bathroom door.
What are you curious about?

420-magazine-mobile390645489.jpg

420-magazine-mobile25300802.jpg

I can't remember if I said this here or somewhere else, but it turned into a bucket grow thanks my brilliant idea of not filling my bucket with dirt.

Also, you can't see but the top is lined with Mylar and the back of the door.

Oh, and I built that by hand and by myself. I should add I have never been very good at building things, so I'm happy with my box now.

Oh, and I built that by hand and by myself. I should add I have never been very good at building things, so I'm happy with my box now.
Lol I was just curious of the size with the bucket and fan looks good man! my first box was something stupid like 0.5mx0.5mx0.8m it could barely fit my lights let alone the 3 plants in it.
420-magazine-mobile1100645830.jpg

Lol I was just curious of the size with the bucket and fan looks good man! my first box was something stupid like 0.5mx0.5mx0.8m it could barely fit my lights let alone the 3 plants in it.
3 plants? Dang lol. I'll be using 10 liter pots next and trying for 2 in my tiny room. This bucket is killing me right now and I think transplanting this late would be very very stupid.

Back
Top Bottom