Wonder Woman Grow Journal 2016

I'll see what I can find, I've even thought about calling and just asking.

With that being said the chart you show still has a max EC of 1.3 which my corresponding ppm would be 650. Thats 650 on top of my tap so 770 ish which is what I'm seeing feeding 1/3 of their recommended dosage.

Here is their calculator based on my reservoir size.

1-29-2017_12-15-52_PM.png

Note in the top right corner it says Small Plants: 2 ml/L | Mature Plants: 4 ml/L.
So their calculator and label is based on Mature Plants.
So running it at 1/3 is closer to the small plants measurements.
I could probably do 2ml / l if I use distilled water.

WOW that is way worse than it used to be...I know they changed it but man...

Well here I say sarcastically...One size fits all....

So that chart is for a highly efficient type of hydro system running peak performance. As in they get real good uptake and transpiration they are getting away with lower concentrations. But the general idea is correct for any use and you should try and follow that feeding trend. Use the PPM / pH response we always talk about as your guide.

Know that 850 nutes is as much as you possibly need ever. You can do more but it doesn't help really. If you improve your environment and get better uptake due to good transpiration from good airflow you can change things a bit...but general you start at about 100-200 PPM and work your way up as it grows.

Now the reason is the leaves and the reason makes so much sense it is like well duh.

The amount of nutes it needs is directly related to how much photosynthesis is happening. So as it grows more and larger leaves it is doing more photosynthesis. So it needs more nutes. In the beginning every gallon has to feed like 16 leaves and near the end it has to feed hundreds plus flowers. In the beginning it is making stalks near the end it is making resin. So the needs vary.

You want to learn how to look at a plant and tell its age and size and get a feel for what the PPM should be. Your plant is close to full size before bloom. And it is mature so it can handle more but does not need to be pushed.

When it is mid bloom and about twice as big as now... and packing on weight and not really going up anymore you will want it at peak PPM. You are not there yet.

No

Bottle instructions are usually for peak growth in optimal settings like a real greenhouse. They have like one line available to explain so what should they put there? Usually peak bloom is what is there and then when you waste it by over using it they don't care.

It isn't hard to get to 1400 in a good sized tent. In a decent sized room you can get there easily. But that is extreme growth really. You do not need to be there and furthermore you need to be where the plant tells you to be, no more.

Don't try and force the plant on some arbitrary schedule as the plant likes things a certain way. Once you know the strain you can learn to run on schedule. But I find it much easier to understand the stages of growth and know what about it needs and then monitor the pH and PPM.

Learn to know about where it should be and try to get there and if you are right it will work and if you are wrong maybe the plant has a problem like when we started.

If you study that chart I posted there is a lot to it as far as which weeks for what you change that if you scrog. You may be staying in veg a bit longer...

Anyway doing great so far just keep on monitoring and adjusting.

Not much has changed over the last few days..

Her last reading on 1/29 after refilling the res was 650 PPM, today she is 620 so it looks like she is ok at this number for this stage of her growth. With that being said over the last two days she's drank half of what she had the 2 days prior. I'm chalking this up to all the trimming, hopefully not too stressed and she'll start to pick up more again.

Progress Update, she has seen a lot of vertical growth in the last few days. Do you think I should bring the light in closer to prevent stretch?

20170203_151241_450x800_.jpg

20170203_151145_800x450_.jpg

Overall everything is looking good. As of this moment she is 5.3 610 which is more acidic than I'd like right now but she is also down a few gallons from when I topped her off the other night. She appears to be steadily drinking 1 - 1.5 gallons a day and she went from 650 - 610 in a couple days so she is taking in more nutrients than I provided right?

yup she is hungry.

Nice thing about rapid uptake like that is you can make good adjustments daily. So yeah I would get that thing up higher and see how she does.

Looking good though!

You asked about the light. In general I like to keep it as close as possible meaning as close as you can keep it without slowing growth.

There are great charts online showing the lumens at certain distances. Depending on the bulb the optimal spot may be only 18-24 inches from the bulb. But often indoors in small grows it gets too hot. So your call. Go as close as is safe.

I don't think it will really impact your stretch. Your light levels are not low enough for it to cause "unnatural" stretch.

I guess I'm still confused on when I'd want to use it.

If there is no infection anymore, do I still want to use it during res change?

If so, how much do you suggest? A cup, a few cups?

Looks like it's been just over two weeks on this res which I've topped off a couple of times now. If I start brewing today I can dump the res in 3 days. What do you think?

So you don't really need to but I recommend every 2 weeks just like AN. You don't have too but I try to keep the beneficial bacteria in charge down there and every 2 weeks is good. They live up to 6 days depending. Then they take another week to build up food for your next batch.

You generally want to grow in hydro either in a sterile system or in a living system running beneficial microbes. It doesn't really matter which if you know what you are doing.

But yes some problems can't be solved without beneficial microbes easily and all problems are easily solved with them.

So that is why I throw in so much good stuff. For "free" you get a regular cycle of all those bloom boosters and growth enhancers on top of your regular brew and it really boost the plants growth...when done right.

Just like you don't add Nirvana in every top off...by running a full power tea every 2 weeks you can back off your regular nutes to some cheap ass basic stuff and still outperform.

Every two weeks and watch what happens... for you maybe 4 cups of tea is all you need but you can do more if you dilute it properly after it brews to the 670 your plant likes....which you can do.

The tea isn't ever the issue it is the PPMs.

What the word?

Sorry I fell off the face of the earth. My PC died and the only computer I had left was my work laptop which I can't access the forums from.

The last month was pretty smooth, the buds were swelling up nicely and I was hoping to have it all done in the next couple weeks.

Unfortunately I ran into a major issue. I went away last week and the day after I left the house the circuit breaker the grow room is on popped thus the plant has been sitting in a dark room and in a res with no oxygen for over 7 days.

I got back last night and immediately turned everything back on. The plant is falling over, won't stand up anymore. I'm not sure what to do. I should still be a couple weeks away from the end of bloom, should I just try and get it back on schedule or should I cut her down and start to dry it out?

Sorry buddy...Likely if it rebounds it will hermi.

I never drowned my roots which is the real problem so I don't know man.

Grow it out as much as you can but when you see it go just take it down and then cook it down.

Just that it is likely going to be pulled early and be lower potency and may not be worth smoking. But you can concentrate it for sure.

Back
Top Bottom