Guido's Wonder Woman, 1st Grow

Guido

Hello All,
This is my first experience growing mj, I have been a smoker for 38 years and am getting tired of spending $150 a week on smoke. So I figured why not give it a try. I do not know much about growing and even less about growing in a bubbler so any help is much appreciated.

I am using a bubbler from Stealth Hydro
with Dual Spectrum CFL Lights @ 85 watts each
I am using Pre-measured Nutrients that came with the kit
Grow
Micro
Bloom
Not really planning on using any supplements unless it is absolutely neccessary
Ph is 5.75
I have (4) 3" sprouts that just went into my bubbler
They are Wonder Woman from Nirvana Seed Bank
Lights are at 8" above plants and I am on a 16/8 Light Schedule

June_12_2010_012.JPG

I made this box to accomadate 4 4" net pots that would go into my bubbler. The inside is lined with a plastic bag to catch run off from watering

June_12_2010_014.JPG

4 Wonder Woman Sprouts, 10 days old using the good old Florida Sun and a very light veg nutrient solution.

June_12_2010_015.JPG

I built this grow room in my closet with
Cardboard, Good old Silver tape, Black/White Poly, a Black sheet, regular stapler and a light hanger.

Looks like you got a good start Guido. I'm in the same boat, tired of spending money on it when I know with the help of these guys around here, I can grow it and get a better quality and at a lot cheaper than buying it. Good luck, I am in for this one.

Thanks H
I screwed up my first try because I couldn't find any info on HP until I found this site. I give props to everyone that even started a grow journal here, I learn from their mistakes to. LOL

Yeay I know what you mean Guido, I am doing my first one Bubble also, I read for a couple of months before I attempted to start my grow. I was doing a couple of in soil over the winter, but the hermied on me. so they went out.

Guido I found your journal but you need to fix the link in your signature. We will need a lot more info to help. I don't use additives either. I used SH nutes first grow but ran out and had to buy regular nutes. If you have the money I suggest buying a ph meter. The strips work but are not that accurate. I still use them to double check my meter but had many ph problems cause the basically read the same thing daily.

Thanks A8 I am using SH on this grow, I will get a ph meter, it seems that so far my tap water ph stays pretty consitantily at 6.0 to 6.5. Hope its just not the strips. LOL

Sounds low for tap water. Tap or water companies from my limited knowledge try to keep it natural at 7.0. I am suspect already. My ph with the strips almost always read 5.75 how could that be. That is what lead me to be suspect.

I usually keep an eye on our local water system and it is pretty consistant. I use chemicals to check the water periodically. But I will definetily get a meter I have read and taken notice of quite a bit of noise about ph levels from expeirenced growers on this site so I must take heed. Thanks

Guido, you're blessed to have alien8 take you under her wing. She shoots straight from the hip, pulls no punches and she knows her grows too.
Looks you modified your system into a drip system, whats up with that??? Did you buy the kit from SH? or is that a DIY? Why the 4 inch cups instead of the 3 and half? I'm confused here. More BHs willcome along soon.

Yes it is from SH, I guess the cups are 3 1/2" cups. I probably have it set up wrong, I am a noob at this and really have no idea what I am doing. I guess that is why I didn't do so well on the 2 plants that I started about 2 months ago. LOL
I definetely appreciate Alien8's input and advice.

Yes it is from SH, I guess the cups are 3 1/2" cups. I probably have it set up wrong, I am a noob at this and really have no idea what I am doing. I guess that is why I didn't do so well on the 2 plants that I started about 2 months ago. LOL
I definetely appreciate Alien8's input and advice.

If you read this, you will not fail, if you look at the pics, it will help you alot:

If you read this, you will not fail, if you look at the pics, it will help you alot:

Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

I read it and it did help considerably. I had 2 huge plants growing in my bubbler that I had to plant in the dirt. I could not get them to flower, (I ran ran out of head room). Then I find 420 and now I know why they did not flower. (at least I think I do) I have been having problems with the manifold delivering water to each port that is why I have the water lines positioned this way. I do have "2" air pumps and "2" 12" airstones.

hey there guido! looking good man, those nutes work great, I`m using them also and have had great luck on my first bubble grow, I`ve grown mj in soil for a few moons and the growth doesnt compare. Just wanted to add that you may want to lower yer lights, yer sprouts are streching a bit, peace!

If you describe how you have things set up instead of us looking at pics and guessing maybe we can fix what might go wrong. We are in a general consensus about pulling the water pumps after roots are established. I don't think you are there yet but we need more info so we can advise.

If you describe how you have things set up instead of us looking at pics and guessing maybe we can fix what might go wrong. We are in a general consensus about pulling the water pumps after roots are established. I don't think you are there yet but we need more info so we can advise.

Roots are not showing yet. I found out about the pump, the hard way.
I am not sure what else you need to no. Sorry but I really am new to this.
If you can tell me what you are looking for I will try to be more specific. I will add a few more details that I can think of in my journal.
THX

I was asked for more info on my grow so here it goes. I really am new to this so I am not sure exactly what you need. But I will try to give you every thing that I can.

I have SH Deep Water Culture System with 6 gal. water and full veg Nutrients (SH pre-packaged)
I am using 2 85 watt CFL from Sunlite (Dual Spectrum)
2 air pumps with 2 12" air stones
I am growing in a closet (8'x2') using a DIY tent (for lack of a better word)
The tent is 3'x2' and is lined with black/white poly that is supposed to be 95% reflective.
My lights are hanging from the top of my tent with-out reflectors
(but the top is lined with the same poly that is on the sides).
Ph is 6.75 and is pretty stable.

I am growing 4 wonder woman seeds from nirvana
and are 8 days after sprouting.
I will add more photos as soon as I can

Ok you need a reflector because even with the reflective material the light bounces all over the place. The reflectors will stabilize it a bit. Secondly the PH is way to high for veg. It should be around 5.8. All else looks great so far.

Back
Top Bottom