Wonder Woman Grow Journal 2016

Just to be clear for you so you can breath easy.

When I get this right in hydro I don't have to monitor the res. People like the AN pH perfect line because they don't have to worry. Well I have gone well over 4 weeks without adjusting the res itself just topping off with good solution and tea once in a while.

When things decay in the system you will have problems and things fall or break off and get in there and cause issues all the time (namely roots and more).

You are basically back to your normal situation and just do your normal plan now and top off as needed. Tea it up once in a while...

Just listen to her ...you got this.

:thumb:

Current reading is 6.0 / 905 so it looks pretty stable right now. The water level went down a little bit in the res over night so she appears to be drinking as well. I'm going to put the scrog up now that she is doing better.

20170104_095559.jpg

20170104_095610.jpg

So like I said your day to day reading is showing things are stable and she is thirsty. She is taking on water much faster than the nutes which is to be expected especially when the res is too high ppm. This is what I said would happen. Just keep diluting...when it is right you will know.

You get that ppm right...I pretty much guarantee she will start taking up the nutes too. Right now the concentration is so high she is taking in mostly water. I think you did an excellent job and are just a whisper away from it going total back to normal.

Hopefully the rest if the grow is uneventful.

She's continuing to recover nicely.

I placed her under the SCROG and she is starting to make a decent cover.

I've been taking PH/PPM readings ever 12 hours or so over the last few nights to keep an eye on it.

5.8 / 1000
6.2 / 860 (12 hours later)
6.3 / 855 (12 hours later)
5.3 / 1000 (12 hours later)

Over that time the res dropped about 1.5 gallons. I've just now topped her off with tap water and CalMag.

20170107_150111_360x640_.jpg

20170107_150136_360x640_.jpg

20170107_150144_640x360_.jpg

5.3 is a bit concerning....watch that. Start topping off with closer to 5.8 and go on regimen... but I think you still have to dilute a lot.

But yeah...You got the hang of it now.

Worst case she keeps tanking and you dump her but that infection is dealt with. A fresh clean res would be fine at any time but you wont need to if you handle it correctly.

:high-five:

Just went to take another reading and it came back in the low 4s.. I then realized the PH pen is broke :(
Time to order a replacement..

Looks like last time I dumped the res was on 12/27 so Tuesday will be 2 weeks.

Instead of topping off by then I'll just dump whatever is left and start clean. Guess that means it's time to brew another batch of tea as well so I can add a few cups when I first do the res change.

Naw...2 weeks at best.

You don't have a problem now...even if you still have some (which you probably do) it is not enough to slow her down right now. Give it 2 weeks on a fresh tank then dose it again. No need to go all hyper on this.

If you haven't killed it off completely you have knocked it so far back that it aint an issue for a good while.

You can if you want. It never really hurts. But you don't always help things by just dumping in stuff.

We always talk about is 2 things...restraint and patients.

You overdid the tea before by adding it successively without diluting the res. Usually I like to do one dose and let it do its thing on one dose and dial it back down. I have done as you and kept it going a while just fine. But I don't violate more fundamental rules of hydro like PPM.

So slow down and things will be cool.

I told you up front it would be 800 PPM and you know your res should be closer to 300 for that size and stressed of a plant.

Not a big dealio. The plant can handle that just fine just now that tank is over done.

Next time and in general you can keep adding if you don't violate the more basic principals of PPM. You must never do that. You can keep adding for a few days but it is better to just add sugaree or molasses or AE to the tank and they will just keep going at it.

Keep the PPMs always right and then add some sugar for more action.

You have been like 3 times the PPM for the needs for a long time now. The plant is not at all happy about that for sure.

I don't understand how the res could be closer to 300 without me putting in absolutely nothing. When I add the AN nutrients at just 1/2 strength I'm around 800ish. Keep in mind my base is around 100 so 800 is really 700, but that's still a lot more than the 300 you are saying.

I've never understand this, the more you read around the net the more you will find PPM readings all over the place. Some people keep it around steady 1200.. My thought has been around 800 for Veg and 1200 for Flower..

Cool cool man no worries I can explain all that. Your plant is fine...

We talked about all this before so maybe I can just ring a few bells here. Remember natural hydro pH cycling? If not that is what you were trying to get it back to doing and you were almost there.

When the PPM is correct and the ratio of ingredients is sort of close to the needs then every thing will work. The plant will absorb what it needs and it will sort of rotate around the dinner plate eating up nutes as it feels it wants to. As it does so the pH kinda moves around with it.

Basically (and I know this sounds backwards but evolution fixes this)...lets say the pH is 6.0 and that is great for nitrogen and not so great for potassium uptake. The plant will absorb nitrogen (and other stuff) and store it in the leaves actively pull things out of the water to adjust the pH to where it can get at the stuff it wants. The plant can do this within reason. You have to keep the ratio of the nutes and the concentration within a window.

Now 1200 PPM I am sorry is just some ass grab number. The PPM fluctuates all over through the grow, starting low and building up to much higher then coming back down and you know all that.

Your plant is stress and messed up (a week ago). So it will have reduced uptake. We knew it had reduced uptake as that was the primary symptom.

No... a normal plant can achieve full potential under 800 ppm. I have gone easily up to 1400 and that is fine and dandy but not necessary. 800 is the min for great results really and more than that it depends on how good your grow setup is.

800 is at full bloom big plant running hard...again you can push that to 1000 no problem even in a basic setup.

But before you have a massive root system and a big plant it does not need anything like full bloom...

If that thing were that size but busting out and growing fast it might be about 400-500 PPM level. It is stressed.

Now it will be fine. Just take er easy slim.

:thumb:

It is all may fault I wasn't clear.

You normally do this at a top off. You hold off a few days and wait till you have a gallon or so to put into the res. You put in a few cups to each plant. You wait a bit and take a measurement and then finish the top off to dial in your PPM. I thought that was clear but I obviously messed that up in the explanation.

You can keep adding more as long as you keep diluting becasue you "can't" violate rule number one for too long. Better to add more sugar.

She will be fine.

Those numbers are off filtered water.

If you have 500 tap then it will be hard to manage. You must get a filter but I thought you had done that?

So when I say 800 PPM...that means 800 in nutes. You use your filter and it comes out to 20 ppm so then you add nutes until it gets to 820 ppm.

Oh yeah.... She told you the whole time she was thirsty and over feed. Go look at your readings again. She kept telling you to drop the concentration. When the concentration is close enough to correct the plant will take up the water and nutes "evenly" and everything is fine.

Right now she is packed full of stuff trying to get the uptake correct and she is just feed up with it. :lot-o-toke:

The roots are rejecting it all.

When you say it is hard to get the PPM all you have to do is dilute. You mix up a some ferts to some concentration and do the math with the res level and if you do it right your top off dials you right in. If not you pull some out of the res and put in some water.

You want to filter that water. With the active microbes it aint a big dealio just makes the math harder really.

Man you guys are putting on a clinic! I have referenced this thread a few times to peeps with similar issues since I haven't brewed a tea for hydro just yet I've only used store bought. Thanks again I am confident things will go well since following this thread.

Back
Top Bottom