Wonder Woman Grow Journal 2016

I also started preparing a new batch of tea and took step by step measurements.. This time came out much closer to what you were expecting..

2 Gallons Distilled Water 7.4 / 10
+ 16ml Hygrozyme 6.8 / 20
+ 16ml Golden Goddess 6.3 / 28
+ 1/4cup Ancient Forest 5.9 / 38
+ 1/4cup EWC 6.0 / 40
+ 1/4cup Kelp 5.8 / 340
+ 1/4cup Alfalfa 5.8 / 560
+ 2tsp Aphrodite's Extraction 5.3 / 725

This was a few hours again, currently it's 5.9 / 794

This picture is just after I've added all of the ingredients and given it a good stir.

20161227_130512.jpg

This is just 4 minutes later. You can see how small amounts of something is floating to the top and getting mixed in the froth.

20161227_130936.jpg

I stirred again vigorously.. Came back an hour later and now the mixture is really sticking to the sides.

20161227_142539.jpg

Stirred it up again..

20161227_142615.jpg

Are you really stirring like every hour for 48 hours straight.. I think a DIY vortex brewer is in my future.

I know the general idea is 48 hours which would be approximately 1 pm on Thursday however how do I know when I want to strain and use the tea?

That is calcium deficiency for sure bro. The AN line does not have enough I think. I always add more. There is some intraveinal chlorosis too which can happen for a few reasons. I know you are adding it so maybe you need to run up the pH but you just added tea...? So confusing. Calcium I believe is best at a higher ph like 6.4 or so. Usually this really helps with calcium problems.

Your roots and the water look fine I guess.

That looks sick. Is it a clone or a fresh seed?

It needs some Calcium for sure.

I have grown many duds. It may be just a tard if you are running high enough and good temps and humidity. I'd hate to give up but I don't know if I have ever seen one not feed at all...

My next thing was air but your shots of the air stones and aeration are excellent.

I think humidity is the thing. Don't let it drop below 40 so it can really take up the nutes. They can drop down a bit especially if full of food. But is really is stressful not to stay up there.

Naw not every hour. this is the fun part I think...some people are like F this. So you want to break down the organic mass like the kelp. that takes some time. Many hours. It can happen faster if the brew is full of microbes going to town. It is up to you to decide how active you want to keep it.

It doesn't need much really just every few hours. The key is in the heart of the sludge the oxygen eventually is depleted and than aerobic bacteria take over and start to win. Anerobic bacteria are bad and in part why you have an air pump in your res.

You want to prevent the anerobic bacteria from taking over, eating the food and getting into the res.

Each time you mix it up you ruin the place they were starting to live. Also you are getting that food out for the good microbes and enzymes to work on.

When it is rocking you can see for yourself that you can increases the breeding by stirring so you can impact the rate of breakdown.

Yeah Vortex is the way to go and then you just dial that in and walk away. But a stick and a break every few hours works too. I have passed out and woke up 12 hours later and stirred it and had no issues wining.

That's funny VillageI, I was thinking calcium too, but yeah I have seen duds stem off at that size too or even worse just grow so slow they never get more than 8 inches tall in a year lol. Have you thoroughly checked for pests on the underside of the leaves sometimes they can make a plant look sick.

That is calcium deficiency for sure bro. The AN line does not have enough I think. I always add more. There is some intraveinal chlorosis too which can happen for a few reasons. I know you are adding it so maybe you need to run up the pH but you just added tea...? So confusing. Calcium I believe is best at a higher ph like 6.4 or so. Usually this really helps with calcium problems.

Right now the plant has only what I listed above, no tea right now since I'm brewing a fresh batch. I plan to add tea as soon as I can. Should I add more CalMag than I already did? I had added CalMag before and noticed no difference.

That looks sick. Is it a clone or a fresh seed?

She was a fresh seed, same package that the other Wonder Woman plant grew from last year.

Quick update, not much change on the plants. I took a reading just now..

6.7 PH 1110 ppm 71 deg

The tea is coming along nicely it seems.

These are from just now which is approximately 28 hours.

(before stirring)

20161228_172229.jpg

(after stirring)

20161228_172325.jpg

I forgot pictures this morning when it would have been around 14 hours but it really looked about the same as it does now.

Current reading 7.1 PH 710 ppm

Walk me through what I want to do next so I can use this.

LOL

That looks good. When I stir I try to get the veg material back into the water to be broken down but it is all just a mess right? :)

SO yeah every few hours you kill the anaerobic stuff and I guess it is at about 30 hours now...you can use it tonight or tomorrow morning.

I use a sieve but you need to filter it. I have use an old wool sock (that is the traditional method or burlap sack).

This was me siphoning I think a 5 gallon run.
Siphoning.jpg

Then just use it. I have seen people drink that poo water as only good bacteria really are rummaging around...I wouldn't recommend it.

As for the plant, it doesn't seem to be getting worse but it doesn't seem to be getting better either.

20161229_142546.jpg

Yesterday it was 6.7 PH 1110 ppm, this morning is was 6.7 PH 1370 ppm.

I dumped half the res and filled it with tap water to bring the ppm down.
This left it at 6.9 PH 770 ppm.

I added a 6 cups of the tea to the reservoir straight through the net pot and a little more than a cap full of CalMag.

Notice the foaming in the tank? Is this normal, never seen anything like this before.

20161229_142558.jpg

Current reading is 7.1 PH 830 ppm

Do you think I should put in a little PH down or just leave it?

gosh,, karma sent to the plant,, a buncha

i so wish i could tell you exactly what to do,, alas, i can not,, no idea actually,, well,, maybe one

i am a soil grower, and failed miserably at my one pitiful effort at a soiless grow,, but i read a bit about em, just in case,,

i noticed your ph,, in the mid sixes,, i could oh so easily stand to be corrected, but maybe that is high??

mid to upper fives is what i think i have read,, and it might drift up a bit to six over time,,

again,, i could be so wrong,, just something to look into maybe for you,, cheers

U r so right ph 5.8 -6.0 water temp mid 60 to low 70 keep your setup clan looks like a mess to me and maybe your rh is to low her is a pic of my Dwc also I think your ppm r way to high for this size plant the highest in bin is 780 ppm
420-magazine-mobile709354806.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1048506341.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

U r so right ph 5.8 -6.0 water temp mid 60 to low 70 keep your setup clan looks like a mess to me and maybe your rh is to low her is a pic of my Dwc also I think your ppm r way to high for this size plant the highest in bin is 780 ppm

Nice roots.. I've had em before, this plant is just giving me hell. In all my previous grows I've generally been the same around 5.8 - 6.2 and at this stage around 6-700 ppm. My problem is that I'm running the AN Sensi Nutrients which are part of the PH perfect line. I'm not supposed to have to adjust the PH. That being said right now I think I'm way to high at 7.1 but I want VI to let me know if this is ok because of the abundance of micro nutrients I just added or if I should try and bring it down.

yup you got it.

So the foam is the best stuff there is. The air creating the foam is the fats of the breeding bacteria. So each time you stir it up stir it all in. stir it good befor the filtering for a good while.

easy peazy lemon squeezey

I've never ran compost tea but I would still think that your ph is to high regardless what is the ph o you base water as after u add your compost does it rase or lower your ph not my case I start with ro water sitting at 7-10 ppm and my ph is 7-8 after all my mixed nutes I'm about 6.5 I ph it to 5.8 and from there on no issues I believe as your tea brakes down its increasing your ph I'd take it to the lowest point witch I think should b 5.6 and c how fast it goes up there r also purge factors that increase the ph like hydrotin or a gravel mixture even the rock wool has a known high ph but it looks scary to me

So at 5.6 the bacteria will die off fast. Not a big deal if you aren't going for the beneficial bacteria.

It all depends how dirty your system is. The first time you do it the res my take off and look like it is fermenting they are breeding so hard. That is a great thing let it happen.

if you force the pH away from 7 you are just making it less hospitable. they will breed slower and be less happy just like hVi g cold water. not a big deal just your call.

I done this and coached many through this on here. You can search and find many threads just like this I have helped people make.

Just ride it out and it will naturally work. this is organic from the earth growing.

Back
Top Bottom