2nd Grow - Auto Fem Candy Cane & Revolver

Re: 2nd Grow - Auto Fem Candy Cane & Revolver

I did some before and after pics of Jade since I found out I've only been giving her 1 gallon of water at a time...thinking it was 2 gallons.

Anyways, here she is looking sad:
420-magazine-mobile1582141770.jpg

Here she is happy again finally!
420-magazine-mobile1167897636.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2064542336.jpg

Just curious if anyone can chime in and help me decide what to do here. Jade is still not flowering but she has seemed to stretch. Should I just keep waiting, or switch my lights to 12/12? I haven't grown this strain, so I don't know if maybe she is pre flowering but those fat Indica leaves are making it hard to see. I did check and I saw pistils forming...does that mean flowering is close behind?

Emma is flowering already and she's a few days younger than Jade, but a different strain that looks more like a sativa compared to Jade and Joy.

Look good, lots of progress in the last week it looks like. :thumb:
Knighthawk, I know you take extensive notes in your journal...do you know exactly how long your CC took to start flowering?

She is currently just a little over 8 weeks old.

Knighthawk, I know you take extensive notes in your journal...do you know exactly how long your CC took to start flowering?

She is currently just a little over 8 weeks old.

It was an auto, I'd have to go back to be 100% sure, but I rough look at my notes shows me checking sex in week 4 (day 24\25) from sprout, she was already starting to pre-flower\flower...by 5th week from seed there was no doubt she was in flower mode and started throwing pistols.

You Candy cane at ~60days looks like mine did around day ~31

My Candy Cane on day 31 from sprout.
SNC11256_day30_cc_close2.JPG

Day 33..
SNC11297_d33_cc_close3.JPG

---

Yes I would say something is off if you don't start seeing pistols in next couple days (maybe just late bloomer), if not
you may want to try 12/12 for day or two and try 'invoke' her to make the switch ( I read sometimes)
You gotta kick'em in tits like that for day or two and then flip back.
That or maybe you some how didn't get auto seeds??

Keep in mind my CC finished even quicker than I expected it too.. 70days total, when I was expecting more like 80-85. Maybe I just got kind of lucky or threw so much light at her from day one. idk.

You Candy cane at ~60days looks like mine did around day ~31

My Candy Cane on day 31 from sprout.
SNC11256_day30_cc_close2.JPG

Day 33..
SNC11297_d33_cc_close3.JPG

---

Yes I would say something is off if you don't start seeing pistols in next couple days (maybe just late bloomer), if not
you may want to try 12/12 for day or two and try 'invoke' her to make the switch ( I read sometimes)
You gotta kick'em in tits like that for day or two and then flip back.
That or maybe you some how didn't get auto seeds??

Keep in mind my CC finished even quicker than I expected it too.. 70days total, when I was expecting more like 80-85. Maybe I just got kind of lucky or threw so much light at her from day one. idk.
Mine is supposedly an auto too, and I see some pistils...that is why I am starting to think of switching my lights. I have the exact same strain as you CC auto, same lights, same soil....just my nutrients are different. Even our training looks similar, and environment is similar. I'm so confused lol.

I'll get some pictures when I get a moment later to show what I'm seeing are her pistils.

The younger Revolver plant is almost w weeks into flower at this point.

No pictures this time, but it was time to water all 3 of the girls.

I introduced Bloom nutes to Jade and Emma. I'll try to get some pics soon. Emma is in full pre bloom and I think Jade is about to start.

I also started Joy off on nutes today as well. I haven't been able to remember which days I water which plants, so I waited until all 3 needed it to get a proper schedule.
You need to keep a writer journal. Everything you do to them shud be written down for future......in case anything goes wrong, you can look at your notes.... it's OK with 2-3 plants, try remembering with 20. Your girls will all start to drink and feed at different rates, start keeping a journal or you'll forget.

Your plants......they're looking really good. Fan leaves are a bit dark, so watch your nitrogen levels. Your autos will switch by themselves. Look underneath and take a closeup of the nodes closest to the new growth, take a pic and show us. Little hairs mean she's going into preflower. If all of my plants were autos, I'd have them all on 18/6 light full time for maximum growth.

Mine is supposedly an auto too, and I see some pistils...that is why I am starting to think of switching my lights. I have the exact same strain as you CC auto, same lights, same soil....just my nutrients are different. Even our training looks similar, and environment is similar. I'm so confused lol.

I'll get some pictures when I get a moment later to show what I'm seeing are her pistils.

The younger Revolver plant is almost w weeks into flower at this point.

Yeah I know, I would be thinking the same thing you are at week 8 with cks candy cane, I'd be wondering if they shipped me non-autos. That said, give it few more days before you make that call because she looked like she was starting in that pick a few posts back. Maybe just real late bloomer for some reason.

You know that might not turn out so bad (the delay) actually, cause she likely got more veg time say than mine did, and I just yanked like 3z's off my little <12" candy cane auto. Crazy though, I figured maybe, just maybe, I would get 2z's if I was lucky, and mine were not as healthy looking as yours.

You need to keep a writer journal. Everything you do to them shud be written down for future......in case anything goes wrong, you can look at your notes.... it's OK with 2-3 plants, try remembering with 20. Your girls will all start to drink and feed at different rates, start keeping a journal or you'll forget.

Your plants......they're looking really good. Fan leaves are a bit dark, so watch your nitrogen levels. Your autos will switch by themselves. Look underneath and take a closeup of the nodes closest to the new growth, take a pic and show us. Little hairs mean she's going into preflower. If all of my plants were autos, I'd have them all on 18/6 light full time for maximum growth.
The dark leaves are the strain, that's been her color since she got true leaves with 0 burn. I use organic nutes too.

Here's what I'm seeing are pistils:
420-magazine-mobile1008002230.jpg

They look like pistils to me, but 8 weeks into an auto? My other strain is blooming like mad.

420-magazine-mobile1719882731.jpg

And she's younger with the same base white widow genetics.

Yeah I know, I would be thinking the same thing you are at week 8 with cks candy cane, I'd be wondering if they shipped me non-autos. That said, give it few more days before you make that call because she looked like she was starting in that pick a few posts back. Maybe just real late bloomer for some reason.

You know that might not turn out so bad (the delay) actually, cause she likely got more veg time say than mine did, and I just yanked like 3z's off my little <12" candy cane auto. Crazy though, I figured maybe, just maybe, I would get 2z's if I was lucky, and mine were not as healthy looking as yours.
One thing I did differently than you was I used fabric pots. Their super cheap and they have been awesome, I don't worry about rocks in the bottom or drilling holes, and I got 5 for 10 bucks.

It was time to water and feed Emma. I got some pics too, to show how she's doing in her flowering.

420-magazine-mobile79096508.jpg

420-magazine-mobile206886272.jpg

420-magazine-mobile63242237.jpg

420-magazine-mobile211470916.jpg

I watered Jade as well, she's been drinking like crazy. She was just fed so I just did water this time.

It was time to water, feed, train, and trim Joy. This will be the last round of training before she goes vertical.

Before:
420-magazine-mobile1420136068.jpg

After:
420-magazine-mobile922077235.jpg

I trimmed a little more after that picture was taken. I also secured that big stem a little better.

Tonight will be the first night back on 18/6. I am seeing several more pistils and so I hope the flowering got kick started. We shall see.

Here are some pics of Jade.

420-magazine-mobile1134569664.jpg

420-magazine-mobile804134851.jpg

420-magazine-mobile409899338.jpg

Hopefully I'll have some flowering pics of her for my next update!

Back
Top Bottom