Candy Cane Auto Journal - First Grow

I'm thinking it may have been the last feeding. I Ph'd the water to 5.9....could that have caused it? I'm thinking I may need to begin a flush?

5.9 bit low for soil from everything I read... though it wouldn't exactly explain one vs. other, but then maybe one it just taking longer to react than other, could be both that and combo of not getting as much as they used too? IDK that full flush is necessary, maybe just another feeding in the 6.4-6.8 range.

/remember grains of salt with my comments.

5.9 bit low for soil from everything I read... though it wouldn't exactly explain one vs. other, but then maybe one it just taking longer to react than other, could be both that and combo of not getting as much as they used too? IDK that full flush is necessary, maybe just another feeding in the 6.4-6.8 range.

/remember grains of salt with my comments.
I underestimated the power of the PH. I don't have any PH up, only PH down. Which sucks because I was like " ahhh I'll chance it"

I underestimated the power of the PH. I don't have any PH up, only PH down. Which sucks because I was like " ahhh I'll chance it"

potassium bicarbonate I hear works, and in a emergency pinch of baking soda..but that's _sodium_ bicrabonate and salts not good long or short term for plants though a one-off might not be a killer, not that I'd recommend it. I read once a guy using a little urine actually worked for ph-up (and some nitro) but I'll be damned if I'd ever try it. lmao I'm sure somewhere in here there is long threat about household'ish alternatives for ph-up if you can't get your hands on any legit ph-up.

Could also be that's not really the issue\cause, I wouldn't think one feeding at 5.9 would be such an immediate problem if the soil itself is otherwise in the 6.5'ish range.

Jewelers loupe came in today. Thought I would have some fun with it.

420-magazine-mobile1473573082.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2118371952.jpg

I would t worry it's lower growth and one leaf just keep eye on them. Could just be lack of light .

Day 61

Came back from a weekend getaway last night and. Y plants dried up in 2 days .. It left my leaves looking very dried up and even noticed a few dead leaves. I quickly phD some water. This morning they are starting to look a little bit better. I was hoping to maybe push for ninety days but I may have to chop sooner. I don't think I'm near ready. I know I'm definitely lacking on some calmag. I'll go pick some up today
420-magazine-mobile1431145396.jpg

Day 61

Came back from a weekend getaway last night and. Y plants dried up in 2 days .. It left my leaves looking very dried up and even noticed a few dead leaves. I quickly phD some water. This morning they are starting to look a little bit better. I was hoping to maybe push for ninety days but I may have to chop sooner. I don't think I'm near ready. I know I'm definitely lacking on some calmag. I'll go pick some up today

Still looking pretty good and green to my eyes in that pic.

I ended up cutting about 3-4 leaves off since they turned yellow. A few spots are also showing signs of yellow. I'm going to start my flush now and just feed straight water for the next couple weeks.

It's about that time huh.. :) If it is "about that time" a couple yellows wouldn't be that odd to see for you right?

I figure I got about 2 more water cycles more on my Cane, then I'll probably have to start straight water\flush, or I may go 1 full feeding more (if I keep on my most recent feed\feed\water theory) and then just start water only...with the maybe the first water-only still having some light cal-mag(2.5 vs 5ml), playing it buy ear based on reaction to my nute feeding today and a tri check planned for later this week, definitely not ready yet on mine though. I'm about 5 days behind you, but nearing that zone where things can change pretty quick. lol

I don't have to cut my yellow... there are so many they mostly just fall off on their own... lmao (no it's not a good thing, esp on my W.Widow)

It's about that time huh.. :) If it is "about that time" a couple yellows wouldn't be that odd to see for you right?

I figure I got about 2 more water cycles more on my Cane, then I'll probably have to start straight water\flush, or I may go 1 full feeding more (if I keep on my most recent feed\feed\water theory) and then just start water only...with the maybe the first water-only still having some light cal-mag(2.5 vs 5ml), playing it buy ear based on reaction to my nute feeding today and a tri check planned for later this week, definitely not ready yet on mine though. I'm about 5 days behind you, but nearing that zone where things can change pretty quick. lol

I don't have to cut my yellow... there are so many they mostly just fall off on their own... lmao (no it's not a good thing, esp on my W.Widow)
Yeah that's why I'm guess it's that time. I really though I would go 90 days but that's 12 weeks which is way farther then the expected. I'm not going to lie, I did dry up a popcorn size and I was happy with the results . I was just hoping for a bigger yield. Oh well. It's all about learning

I'm temped to do that in a week or so with some little piece of miss Cane.. but trying not too, because once I start I worry I may want to keep at it. ha ha

Yeah supposed to be 7weeks of flower with these...so while I figured it might take more like 90 days in reality, definitely seems like they'll be done by 80, maybe less, which to be fair is roughly what they advertise I think I read 'seed to harvest in as little as 70 days', maybe a little optimistic with '70' but seems close enough to the truth\our experience thus far. Yeah I was hoping yours would put on a little more too before the chop, maybe she still will, I read the final two weeks is can produce quite the difference.

Day 63

I'm starting to notice more and more yellow leaves.

I keep going back and forth on to harvest or early or not. If rather stretch the grow for the 7 weeks of flowering.

The more I research, I think I may have a potassium deficiency. Or maybe I'm not feeding enough? Or even a lockout? I will admit...i have never flushed the girls. I may start there.

420-magazine-mobile707104675.jpg

420-magazine-mobile447928574.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1229993043.jpg

Day 63

I'm starting to notice more and more yellow leaves.

I keep going back and forth on to harvest or early or not. If rather stretch the grow for the 7 weeks of flowering.

The more I research, I think I may have a potassium deficiency. Or maybe I'm not feeding enough? Or even a lockout? I will admit...i have never flushed the girls. I may start there.

420-magazine-mobile447928574.jpg
That guy lower right side of the pic. Does sort of look like P or K. That said you read my Journ so you know I don't
know wtf I'm talking about so big grains of salt since I got similar issues on my widow. Some of that though (more toward the tops) maybe kind of normal for last 10 days or so, most the newer growth still looks good. Could it just be some minor shock\reaction to drying up?

My CC though, after a that big flush\reset a couple weeks ago and more feeding seems to have stopped new problems with her that looked similar to the above at first. In my case I think my issue on CC had been mostly soil ph, and not so much what she was actually fed, cause as that slowly came up in the exit water her problems slowly faded ( well major problems anyway).

Bud shot looks nice though! ;)

That guy lower right side of the pic. Does sort of look like P or K. That said you read my Journ so you know I don't
know wtf I'm talking about so big grains of salt since I got similar issues on my widow. Some of that though (more toward the tops) maybe kind of normal for last 10 days or so, most the newer growth still looks good. Could it just be some minor shock\reaction to drying up?

My CC though, after a that big flush\reset a couple weeks ago and more feeding seems to have stopped new problems with her that looked similar to the above at first. In my case I think my issue on CC had been mostly soil ph, and not so much what she was actually fed, cause as that slowly came up in the exit water her problems slowly faded ( well major problems anyway).

Bud shot looks nice though! ;)
It very well maybe the shock to drying up. When I came back home Sunday night they were DRY. I've never let them dry that much. and the more I think about it...seems to make sense. I just need to make it last for another two weeks at least.

Your CC and widow are looking really good. I've been following along and taking notes. What made it even more fun, is that your a few days behind so it always gave me a slight idea of what they should look like. I believe yours are bigger tho?

Well yeah I think overall the plant is probably bigger\wider and I think the top most colas are a little fatter, but that could just be photos\perspective; yours definitely have more height though, who knows in the end though when it comes to weight, and remember I'm smacking them with much more light I think - probably too much at times.
From the looks of it even if there is a problem it looks like you'll make it to harvest even if you do nothing. I mean things were pretty good prior to the dry-spell, so maybe just keep doing what you were doing unless it get drastically worse in next day or two.

Well yeah I think overall the plant is probably bigger\wider and I think the top most colas are a little fatter, but that could just be photos\perspective; yours definitely have more height though, who knows in the end though when it comes to weight, and remember I'm smacking them with much more light I think - probably too much at times.
From the looks of it even if there is a problem it looks like you'll make it to harvest even if you do nothing. I mean things were pretty good prior to the dry-spell, so maybe just keep doing what you were doing unless it get drastically worse in next day or two.

Yeah one thing for sure, when I compare the two of mine, I don't think I will top the next go around. Maybe just LST.

Day 68

Everything is looking more back to normal after a good flush. I'm going to Getty and continue to push Candy for 90 days. Today candy got her last feeding. I mixed two tspn of tiger bloom and 2 tspn of big bloom. That should be it for her. Her few heads she had look good to me. I did a tri check and I see a few amber spots and mostly cloud. Or maybe I don't know what I'm looking for ...

Testie is in the process of her flush and I plan to chop her Wednesday and begin the drying curing process. I gave a gallon of ph'd water at 6.1. I dont really like the way she came out. I didn't do any LST on either plant. Testie got topped ( which is how she got her name, being a test) I don't think I will ever top a autoflower again. She is missing the big cola in the middle like her sister Candy. So she will be cut in a couple days since I have to make room for another go .

Candy
420-magazine-mobile50582973.jpg

420-magazine-mobile685418561.jpg

Testie
420-magazine-mobile470844174.jpg

420-magazine-mobile855276005.jpg

". She is missing the big cola in the middle like her sister Candy."
Isn't she supposed to be missing it since you topped her, I thought that was the point?

idk... sounds like 90days on Candy might be too long if amber and mostly cloudy already, but you know your plants and their progress rates better, not to mention what type of smoke you want. Tess does look like she could wait a few days.

Isn't she supposed to be missing it since you topped her, I thought that was the point?

idk... sounds like 90days on Candy might be too long if amber and mostly cloudy already, but you know your plants and their progress rates better, not to mention what type of smoke you want. Tess does look like she could wait a few days.

Yeah that was the purpose of topping her. Maybe it just her strain but I like the big middle cola and then the 5-6 other smaller heads around her.

Yeah 90 days does seem long lol. I'm too nervous to chop too soon or too late. Either way I think I'm going to chop in the next week or so and we will see what she has given me .

Yeah that was the purpose of topping her. Maybe it just her strain but I like the big middle cola and then the 5-6 other smaller heads around her.

Yeah 90 days does seem long lol. I'm too nervous to chop too soon or too late. Either way I think I'm going to chop in the next week or so and we will see what she has given me .

I'm totally with you on that ... better to go a 3-4 days longer than 3-4 days earlier, worse case you get some more couch lock...which to me anyway isn't necessarily a bad thing, but course all depends on what person is looking for. I sort of started out thinking my CC haul I would plan for being the more mild\energetic stash (fun\daytime high), and the WW the knock me on my ass\put me to sleep\dull pain for the night (med usage) stash. We'll see how that turns out.

Back
Top Bottom