First Timer - Soil - 600W LED - White Widow & Candy Cane Autos - 2x4x7 Tent

Congrats on the harvest knight, looks like you're gonna get some decent weight !!! Looking forward to see you on my journal to get those nice final flower tips!! Hehe good job, let me know if you make a second journal. Have a good one

@Boatshoe, Pennywise, KevinL,
Thanks folks!:thanks:

As for the final yield a little mini update but nothing final yet.

Day 106 (morning) - First couple Widow jars

So checking the harvest this morning resulted in a some branches more than others being ready, some clean snapped though thankfully not cleanly, and others are close but still bend more than snap. So most of hanger 2 and 5 were ready or close enough I jarred them up to at least test what their jars would say after a couple hours (leaving the rest alone for another 6-8hr in the tent).

Little different cutting and packing these than I did with Candy, as candy's was short and pretty much nothing but dense nugs this was different so I more carefully worked the way up the stem just popping off the quarter size or half-dollar little stuff. I packed the jars a lot tighter than candy cause the stuff was so airy.

These could change if I move material around before final reweigh at the end but so far I got 4 jars being monitored:

name (empty jar with digital monitor and boveda =478)
wwJar #1 (493-478)~15g source: Hanger 2
wwJar #2 (493-478)~15g source: Hanger 2
wwJar #3 (493-478)~15g source: Hanger 5 + 2
wwJar #4 (482-478)~4g source: Hanger 5 (room for more, 4g for whats in there seems low weird)

Running total atm: 49g
Rest of hanger 5 is 'not washed stash' and not jarred yet, along with hangers 1,3,4.
The source is not exact just speaks to vast majority of jar.
No I didn't try and make 1-3 all weigh the same, magic just made that happen somehow.
I think my trending toward 10% of wet theory for her vs CC may hold, we'll see, hanger #3 might surprise me.

The pics are of just a few of the nug tops I left on stem, everything else was usually snipped off to little nickel\quarterish chunks.

Left very few even that far back most got snipped up to the last inch-inch half head or so.

Some other random photos:

I will probably do the rest tonight.
Thus far after about an hour in jars 1 is like 51%, 2-3 are like 55% and 4 is 57%. I'm hoping to see all 4 read ~60% in about 5 hours.

I stole a little random airy trimming\fuzz from the pan for a little taste..I made sure to throw a few 'dead' but seemingly frosty (or was bordered by nothing but frost) leaves in there for good measure.. Puff puffed... thank god for the ice, but I'm pretty lit up, much like my prior early taste of her - yeah she's hits you pretty good and heavy.

You know looking at her all dry and stuff I gotta say for as airy as she ended up in spots and for a plant that while growing didn't seem to have as much frost as her Sister Candy, I gotta say, she does have a surprising amount of frost at all levels of growth\density, I was expecting less. Maybe my eyes got so used to seeing her, or my attention was so much on her dead and dying leaves I didn't notice the frost as much, or all the tiny tiny fans were blocking the visuals.

BTW you would think smoking her dead leaves, some tris on there or not would taste like shit but it didn't (I'm sure it would in a j or a blunt though) - not that I'm really planning to make a habit of it or something.

:Namaste:

Edit:
BTW today's jarring is exactly 30 days from Candy's jarring, both on the 8th. Funny how that worked out.

Day 107 - Final Jarring of Mrs.Widow.

So I finished jarring today.
I think everything was ready, except maybe a stalk or two on Hanger 3 was bendable\breakable but not snapping or clean cracking...whatever right that's why I have the boveda, I think it was last because it was the most dense stuff and on the longest stems, or close to longest\most stem'y and like hanger 4 farther away from direct airflow below the filter. Amazing how much +10%RH slows the drying, 35-45% vs 45-50% = big difference in time.

The first 4 from yesterday were all at 59-62% humidity this morning in their jars - exactly what I wanted, though I expected them to get there in 6-12 it took the better part of 24hr in the jars to come up. I will monitor those for another 24hr (for anything higher than 63) and then move them (if I can cause the other jars are PACKED) to another 4 to monitor late tomorrow when I'll burp them all for a minute or two...just because. I do plan on burping them once for a few seconds next week, and then maybe again week after, but other than that I will leave them alone unless otherwise warranted.

Pics later, first the updated totals
---

wwJar #1 (493-478) ~15g source: Hanger 2
wwJar #2 (493-478) ~15g source: Hanger 2
wwJar #3 (493-478) ~15g source: Hanger 5 + 2
wwJar #4 (486-478) ~8g source: Hanger 5 + 1 **I added more to this guy**

(no humidity monitors; just jar+Bov =445)
wwJar #5 (465 -445) ~20g source: Hanger 4 [100% 4]
wwJar #6 (462 -445) ~17g source: Hanger 4 [100% 4]
wwJar #7 (465 -445) ~20g source: Hanger 1 [100% 1]
wwJar #8 (458 -445) ~13g source: Hanger 1 [end of hanger 1]
wwJar #9 (474 -445) ~29g source: Hanger 5 [*100% NOT WASHED branch only *]
wwJar #10 (475 -445) ~30g source: Hanger 3 [yes, I crammed a whole ounce in there]
wwJar #11 (463 -445) ~18g source: Hanger 3 [ some stalks were denser so marginally more stem ]
wwJar #12 (465 -445) ~20g source: Hanger 3 [ left on toward top nugs then some rest prior to hanger 3]

Total Dried Grams: 220

Saved leaves\sugar leaves trim to add to hash making jar: 9g (bringing total to ~32g of dried hash material CC+WW)
Stems: 54g
Saved tray leftovers covered in tri's that's going right to face today\tomorrow or hash jar: ~1g
% of wet weight: (220/1135)= ~19.4% (I was so wrong about ~11% prediction)
----

That total....HOLY FUCK.

I wasn't paying close attention while trimming and jarring but I knew when I hit the last hanger that I would break 150... but DAAAAAM I wasn't expecting to break 200. That's a solid figure to cause not only did I round down the weight when ever it was a toss-up on the scale (ie depending where on scale you could get a 1g difference), but unlike Candy there is little stem in each jar, nearly all off it is flower material only, except for last inch or two at very top of stem where I left the tight\dense nugs on. Plus even though I probably should not have, some or most of those jar, especially today are packed solid..yeah I had to push down gently couple times to get it all in 12 jars - which was important because I only had 12 bovedas.... actually 11, but thankfully I smoked a jar of CC that freed one up for re-use.

Rounding up to 29g per oz... That's 7.58oz off one fucking little auto plant (7.75@28.4g), and a moderately problematic one at that.
Rounding DOWN, that's a solid 11 oz haul (technically 11.7) off the two plants combined.

Insert BIG FAT CHEEZY STONED GRIN HERE!

Here are the pictures...because you know what the kids say today, it didn't happen without them. *giggle*

Trimming and bud pics

Hanger 4 I think

SNC12247.JPG

That is generally about all I left on the stalk

Again I only left the last inch or two from top on, these just photos of some top parts of stalks.

hanger 5:

Hanger 3:

Prime example of what I talk of when I say Trichome coated Dead\nearly dead leaves:

Moving on:

These fiskers...I'm gonna scrape that shit off and put it on a leaf and in a bowl.

First is stems, second is saved trim, last is secondary trim\fluff tray...a swear there is at least 1g there no matter what it says.
My fking scale doesn't do well with reading that first gram or two...does the same shit with cat food, but once it gets past that seems to be fine.

Jars and stuff I think these are in order of 12->1, last being the hash jar:

Some left over for the face (well it's all for the face but you know what I mean):

FINAL RESULT from Mrs. Widow:

Wow.

Random stats:
Pics taken on camera during project: 1595 (does not count tri-close ups); pics uploaded to 420mag 1444.
About 1gig total.

Ok now I'm gonna take a break for like 2-4 days and celebrate (and continue slowly clean up from grow and), then I'll be back with CC wash vs. non-wash taste\smoke test, then I got a long list of thank you's to do, followed by some final thoughts on the first time growing etc, and then the WW wash vs. non-wash taste\smoke test. So we're NOT done yet. :--)

I wanted 6oz from this two-plant grow as my 'real success' marker, I would have accepted 4oz as "worth it", I secretly hoped for maybe 7 or 8 if I got lucky and did everything perfectly (which I didn't)... I got 11+. Happy with the results doesn't even begin to explain it, so long as I ignore all the investment, that said couple extra oz sure does help the ROI.... but I'll save that deep dive for another time, now it's time to go get wrecked for the evening (cough..excuse me...medicated) on my own product.

Edit:
BTW careful observers will note the jar+bov weigh less this round than with CC. IDK wtf is up with that other then to say this was a different batch of jars. I weighed 3 different in the batch of them they all came out to 437 + the 8g for the boveda 445. That said of the 4 empty's I have left over 3 weighs 437, but 1 weights 440, or 441; I know I used 2 from the first batch in this jarring though. IDK what to think about that... I guess I should have just zero'd each individual jar, I didn't think they're would be more of a 1g worth of difference in the mfg process... they are the same 'type' and brand as last time.

Great job n the harvest, should keep you medicated for awhile! .

Indeed!
Generally I'd say I'm a gram a day sort of guy, some days maybe a little more, other days 1/2 that, part of why I bong-it, I'm stingy as fuck as supply, while technically around, was always a pain in the ass to acquire, so always tried to use the minimum. While I'm still going to watch my intake a bit, for a couple weeks I can definitely back off 'penny pinching' and not worrying about every little flake. I've already blazed a bit over 1/2 a oz of candy cane and it's barely been a month and I've been smoking just about when ever I wanted just about as much as felt I wanted.

Last time I had smoke before all this, years back, I made two z's (ak47 and lemon haze) acquired in late September last though late spring, not exactly cause I wanted too though, shit was getting pretty thin after Valentines day, my departed old smoking buddy Dave who this grow was sort of in tribute too ( whom could smoke a Z a day all to himself without much trouble - though typically that was a weeks worth for him) never understood how I made it last that long.

One of my goals was (without going smoke crazy) to not have to grow again till next summer or fall - pretty sure I'll make it. ;)
Then again my step mom called last night... she wants me to bring some next time I come visit and partake so that'll probably eat an oz.
"So how did your project turn out? nice...good job...and how soon can you visit with some?... need some Irma stress relief! *giggle* ".
Same woman who would give me crap at age 17 for blazing a little pin J in the house. My, have the times changed.

BTW
Careful observers will note the jar+bov weigh less this round than with CC. IDK wtf is up with that other then to say this was a different batch of jars. I weighed 3 different ones in the new batch of them before I started, they all came out to 437 + the 8g for the boveda 445, so I assumed that would be the case with all of them. That said of the 4 empty's I have left over 3 weigh 437, but 1 weights 440, or 441; I know I used 2 from the first batch in this jarring though. IDK what to think about that... I guess I should have just zero'd each individual jar, I didn't think they would be more of a 1g worth of difference in the mfg process... they are the same 'type' and brand as last time, so I didn't think I needed to do that this time around. hmm.

Should I just count it as is, or maybe I should knock off a couple per jar off the total?
Is that normal that a batch could\would weigh a little more or less than another batch of jars? Has me bummed thinking about it, but it is at least possible we're more like 200 than 220 if I knock of a couple per.

Very nice . those numbers are good. 7 and a half off WW... . that KIND light did work. Lol that’s a good harvest bud. Did you calculate how many grams per watt, I may have missed it

What a great question, no actually I didn't yet, in fact I probably would have forgot without that helpful reminder.
So idk what the best\proper way to do that is.. but on a pure gram per light-watt (ie not total wattage use for the grow) it should be easy.

I had 320 watts from wall on the KIND, and about ~84 (at least in the later 60day days) additional side lighting (again from the wall).
We'll call it 404 watts even though I know 20 of those on the kind probably went to fans, and that 5th side light I added mid-way but we'll call it as all being there from the start...call it an even 400.

113g cc + 220g ww = 333g / 400w = 0.83 g per watt? That can't be right ...right? lol

What a great question, no actually I didn't yet, in fact I probably would have forgot without that helpful reminder.
So idk what the best\proper way to do that is.. but on a pure gram per light-watt (ie not total wattage use for the grow) it should be easy.

I had 320 watts from wall on the KIND, and about ~78 (at least in the later 60day days) additional side lighting (again from the wall).
We'll call it 400 watts even though I know 20 of those on the kind probably went to fans, and that 5th side light I added mid-way but we'll call it as all being there from the start.

113g cc + 220g ww = 333g / 400w = .83 g per watt? That can't be right ...right? lol

Sounds about right. Awesome man. Really well done grow. Even with all the problems you thought they had, lol they still produced big time

BTW
Careful observers will note the jar+bov weigh less this round than with CC. IDK wtf is up with that other then to say this was a different batch of jars. I weighed 3 different ones in the new batch of them before I started, they all came out to 437 + the 8g for the boveda 445, so I assumed that would be the case with all of them. That said of the 4 empty's I have left over 3 weigh 437, but 1 weights 440, or 441; I know I used 2 from the first batch in this jarring though. IDK what to think about that... I guess I should have just zero'd each individual jar, I didn't think they would be more of a 1g worth of difference in the mfg process... they are the same 'type' and brand as last time, so I didn't think I needed to do that this time around. hmm.

Should I just count it as is, or maybe I should knock off a couple per jar off the total?
Is that normal that a batch could\would weigh a little more or less than another batch of jars? Has me bummed thinking about it, but it is at least possible we're more like 200 than 220 if I knock of a couple per.
You should just weigh her again, and zero the jars out. I just took each jar, put the buds into a solo cup(which weighs 8.7 grams) and weighed them. I'm sure if the total is off, it's only a few grams.

How long have they been curing?

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom