2nd Grow - Auto Fem Candy Cane & Revolver

Re: 2nd Grow - Auto Fem Candy Cane & Revolver

If anyone is still reading this, please like this comment. If no one is reading, I'm not going to keep updating.

Harvest update:
Some pics of a couple buds before I put them in the jar to start curing (along with boveda 62 humidpaks).

420-magazine-mobile192566706.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1190120135.jpg

I just realized that second pic is focusing behind the buds, oops. Anyways, the first pic is right next to the mason jar and the second pic has the main cola next to the one from the previous pic.

I did a quick weigh before jarring them, and I'm a little over 2oz. I will weigh again after they've cured for a while and after removing those giant stems.

I also watered Jade and Joy tonight. Jade has a cola touching my light now, and that cola is burnt. Joy however looks great.

I called CKS about my supposed autos not being auto. They told me it was a Mango dominant (Candy Cane is ak47xmangoxwhitewidow) photo seed that they accidentally sent me. Then they sent me 14 free seeds for the mix up. I've heard bad things about them lately but they were really nice to me. Thanks CKS for restoring your name in at least my eyes.

If anyone is still reading this, please like this comment. If no one is reading, I'm not going to keep updating.

Harvest update:
Some pics of a couple buds before I put them in the jar to start curing (along with boveda 62 humidpaks).

I just realized that second pic is focusing behind the buds, oops. Anyways, the first pic is right next to the mason jar and the second pic has the main cola next to the one from the previous pic.

I did a quick weigh before jarring them, and I'm a little over 2oz. I will weigh again after they've cured for a while and after removing those giant stems.

I also watered Jade and Joy tonight. Jade has a cola touching my light now, and that cola is burnt. Joy however looks great.

I called CKS about my supposed autos not being auto. They told me it was a Mango dominant (Candy Cane is ak47xmangoxwhitewidow) photo seed that they accidentally sent me. Then they sent me 14 free seeds for the mix up. I've heard bad things about them lately but they were really nice to me. Thanks CKS for restoring your name in at least my eyes.
Shit not bad my man. It's frustrating to not have anybody respond but this app has some bugs and it's hard to see some peeps shit

Shit not bad my man. It's frustrating to not have anybody respond but this app has some bugs and it's hard to see some peeps shit
Thank you! For my second plant ever harvested, I am pretty happy with her.

I mainly said that because I hadn't updated in a while and the one guy I knew was following my grow isn't currently on the forums. Anyways, I was legitimately checking if anyone was reading lol.

Thank you! For my second plant ever harvested, I am pretty happy with her.

I mainly said that because I hadn't updated in a while and the one guy I knew was following my grow isn't currently on the forums. Anyways, I was legitimately checking if anyone was reading lol.
Haha I float around and catch different shit. That candy cane is some great smoke btw

Harvest update:

Awesome harvest! I did two candy Cane from CKS 3months ago and was very disappointed in my yield, however very pleased with the smoke. I'm finishing up my second grow of candy cane auto and I have a night a day difference in my yield between my first grow and now. I hope I hit close to 2 oz like you man. Congrats and enjoy .

Awesome harvest! I did two candy Cane from CKS 3months ago and was very disappointed in my yield, however very pleased with the smoke. I'm finishing up my second grow of candy cane auto and I have a night a day difference in my yield between my first grow and now. I hope I hit close to 2 oz like you man. Congrats and enjoy .
My first grow was pretty bad too, but it was a learning experience. I'm hoping my mango cane is a good smoke too, I'll be trying the candy cane next time I do an auto grow.

Now that I know people are reading, I should probably give a proper update on my two Mango photo plants, Jade and Joy.

I watered both plants tonight. No nutes since this is their second watering this week, but I did pH and treat my water.

I took a ton of pictures to get everyone up to date on where these girls are at.

Joy:

This is the cola touching the light
420-magazine-mobile25374148.jpg

The others aren't as bad, but don't look great either.
420-magazine-mobile1547547007.jpg

Everything under those should make for a decent harvest still, I'll just end up giving most of this plant to friends....and keep Joy lol. Here are some random shots of the rest of her, and one comparison shot with standard clippers to show how big she is.
420-magazine-mobile849287935.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1191821916.jpg

420-magazine-mobile993805985.jpg

420-magazine-mobile996413079.jpg

Joy:
I am very excited to see how this one turns out. I'm mixing up shots of flash and no flash, I have no clue what I'm doing lol.
Main cola
420-magazine-mobile1108082633.jpg

Whole plant, random parts, and comparison shot
420-magazine-mobile454709743.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1944994275.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1940955041.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1632789005.jpg

Obviously, she isn't as tall as Jade, but she's way healthier and thicker.

I smoked my first bowl (uncured) of my first plant harvested, and I am pretty impressed. If I bought it in a dispensary, I wouldn't feel like I got ripped off...so that's a win lol. If I had paid for my last harvest I would never have gone back to that dispensary.

Also, I weighed my harvest before it was actually dried out, so I just weighed it again. 36.86 grams. So almost an ounce and a half...considering I almost scrapped her for being a runt in her first few weeks, I can't complain still.

I watered and fed Jade and Joy tonight. 2 gallons each, medium nutes, and pH was kept right around 6.3.

I didn't take any pictures because I was lazy, and Jade looked awful. I didn't think it has been that long since I watered her but I obviously need to start watering her more. She's gotten so big she's just drinking more than I'm used to.

I started taking pictures and realized they look almost identical to last week's pictures, so I didn't take many.

Here are the buds, just to see how far along they're getting.

Jade:
420-magazine-mobile939980347.jpg

Joy:
420-magazine-mobile1066708237.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2125309074.jpg

Other than that, they look the same as last week.

Watered again tonight. I think I'm down to the last couple of week before harvest, so I'm not giving any more nutes. I'll put up some pictures of the two of them tomorrow.

Harvest update:

I'm done drying and a week into curing. It tastes pretty good, way more dense than my first harvest, and does the job very well.

I trimmed everything up and got it all in one jar. This is the 1oz I have left.
420-magazine-mobile1907904143.jpg

Here's a little nug
420-magazine-mobile1789375833.jpg

Top shot
420-magazine-mobile894910467.jpg

I gave an 8th to my buddy and he rated it 7/10, which I'm quite proud of. He may have graded it on a curve cause he just got free stuff...but I'll take it.

I watered again tonight, straight water and pH down (I kept it between 6.2-6.5). I also took a lot of pictures. Jade, who will be first in the pictures below, is not doing great, but will still have a decent amount if good stuff off of her. Joy still looks great.

Jade:

I put her next to the toilet to kind of give a crappy size comparison
420-magazine-mobile3697915.jpg

Tip shot of the burnt cola
420-magazine-mobile243092587.jpg

This is what looks salvageable off this cola
420-magazine-mobile1958060729.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1848163568.jpg

Here's the rest of the colas that seem to be doing okay
420-magazine-mobile119979284.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1153660734.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1627312098.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1499198707.jpg

Joy:

Main cola is looking pretty fat, and the pistils are about half orange at this point
420-magazine-mobile786880988.jpg

420-magazine-mobile521904017.jpg

Here are the rest of the colas and random shots
420-magazine-mobile188938304.jpg

420-magazine-mobile14041350.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2101824.jpg

420-magazine-mobile319295111.jpg

420-magazine-mobile402254337.jpg

Not a whole lot going on at this point, but I'll update again with more pictures once I think I'm about to chop.

I watered Tuesday night and saw that Jade had a bunch of dead leaves and even some dead buds at the bottom. I am pretty sure it from me wondering if I could get away with snipping some little branches off wayyyyy too late in flowering.

Anyways, all that being said I harvested Jade tonight. Unfortunately, there was quite a bit I had to toss, but I did get a pretty decent amount of good stuff....though she was definitely not ready to be cut down.

I'll get some pictures of the manicured buds when they're done drying.

Well, I have harvested all of my plants as of yesterday morning.

My last 2 got harvested earlier than I wanted to harvest, but still turned out okay.

I got Jade's buds dried and jarred, with Joy's drying. I haven't weighed anything officially. I weighed a couple branches of Jade just for fun but I don't think she's done drying completely, so I'm going to hold off.

Quick question...if I put my buds in jars, dry to the touch, should they be more wet after a day being in the jar? I know that curing brings moisture out of the buds, but I wasn't sure if it could be that dramatic.

I promised pictures, and I'm finally delivering! Sorry I didn't get any before the harvest, it was all pretty sudden and unexpected so I had no time.

Joy's harvest (just the 2 jars+1 trash jar I'm going to make into butter)
Small jar
420-magazine-mobile1376958940.jpg

Bigger jar
420-magazine-mobile1258845638.jpg

Discard jar (include discards from Joy as well)
420-magazine-mobile1979569755.jpg

Down in the small jar
420-magazine-mobile2050712213.jpg

Some bud shots!
420-magazine-mobile2115305421.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1718080837.jpg

420-magazine-mobile880579152.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1913952046.jpg

And lastly, here is what I got off Joy. It is still drying.
420-magazine-mobile1221116305.jpg

When everything is dry, I will weigh and post the final weight/pictures of finished buds.

Thanks to everyone who has been following along. Sorry I wasn't very attentive at the end, life gets on top of you from time to time...and it's been one of those times.

Oh yeah, I tested a little bit of Jade once it had dried enough to try. It tastes amazing, better than any of my grows so far (confirmed by a buddy who has tried all of my grows).

I can't say much about the effect yet, I haven't tried more than a bowl but I'm definitely happier with it than I thought I was going to be, and I don't think she hermied, even with the definite heat stress and whatever else happened at the end (rapid death on lower branches).

Alright, time for my final update.

I will start with the pictures of the buds that just dried from Joy, and then I'll let you guys know my final dry weight per plant.

Joys harvest looks to be the best, she is covered it crystals, tastes great, and smokes great.

Jar 1 (these are finalized and manicured, so it looks like less than it is, but these jars are full of popcorn buds)
420-magazine-mobile587752669.jpg

420-magazine-mobile407489987.jpg

Jar 2
420-magazine-mobile1959335856.jpg

Those 2 buds are so much bigger than the rest the camera only focuses on them.
420-magazine-mobile680023189.jpg

Here are some close up bud shots, and a shot in my hand for size reference (keep in mind I have small hands though lol) ending with my biggest bud (almost a half oz by itself :) )
420-magazine-mobile417445605.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1982362777.jpg

420-magazine-mobile138167746.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1902094316.jpg

420-magazine-mobile477193995.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1895091591.jpg

Tip of the big one
420-magazine-mobile1771594038.jpg

Now weights...
Emma (Revolver auto): 36ish(didn't record) grams
Jade (the tall Mango): 46.72 grams
Joy (short Mango): 58.53 grams

So about 141.25 grams, or roughly 5 ounces (5.04) off of 3 plants in a tiny tent. I was kind of hoping I'd get more, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks to everyone that's been following with me, but my grow is now done.

Good luck to you all on your own endeavours.

Back
Top Bottom