Candy Cane Auto Journal - First Grow

Relatively short and bushy... is candy cane's style.
On tessie, that middle stem area where you topped...there are two shoots there not just one right? (maybe it's just angle of photo throwing me off)

Yes there are two heads.i pulled them back a bit to get more light in to the middle one and try to get 3 heads going? Testie is my experiment and living to her name hahaha

And did I mention she is starting to stink soooooo good. I'm going to need to look in to a carbon filter in the near future.

Hopefully this picture is a bit better.
420-magazine-mobile156378649.jpg

Day 35

I gave her a little feeding yesterday. After adding nutrients the PH went from 7.4 to 6.3. For me that is the sweet spot (6.3). I gave each about half a gallon. The run off PH was 6.2. I still don't have a PPM meter yet and still don't understand it lol. I will get it eventually in a week or so. I took out the humidifier today since I haven't turned it on at all and humidity is consistent around 50-60%. I. Sure the basement has something to do with it.

Testie has put on some height and so has Candy.

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile148073793.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1027489161.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile178897496.jpg

420-magazine-mobile573257733.jpg

Day 35

I gave her a little feeding yesterday. After adding nutrients the PH went from 7.4 to 6.3. For me that is the sweet spot (6.3). I gave each about half a gallon. The run off PH was 6.2. I still don't have a PPM meter yet and still don't understand it lol. I will get it eventually in a week or so. I took out the humidifier today since I haven't turned it on at all and humidity is consistent around 50-60%. I. Sure the basement has something to do with it.

Nice, budlets starting to form up I hope to start seeing same tomorrow\day after when I open the tent.

Day 35

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile148073793.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1027489161.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile178897496.jpg

420-magazine-mobile573257733.jpg

Try this as some thing to figure out to help you understand ppm parts per million or ec reader
420-magazine-mobile1165497949.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1904665458.jpg

Day 38

Candy is putting on her height and those little buds are filling in even more! I took out the humidifier a couple days ago and the humidity has stayed in the 50-60% which is where I want it. Not much has been going on except patiently watching them grow each day.

Random thinking notes: I didn't think I would ever grow and i ask my self, why didn't I every try this year's ago!? I have so much more understanding and appreciation of this plant then I did before. If all goes well until the end then it makes it that much more enjoyable.

✌❤

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile2063914021.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile2049193656.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2014265513.jpg

Day 38

Candy is putting on her height and those little buds are filling in even more! I took out the humidifier a couple days ago and the humidity has stayed in the 50-60% which is where I want it. Not much has been going on except patiently watching them grow each day.

Random thinking notes: I didn't think I would ever grow and i ask my self, why didn't I every try this year's ago!? I have so much more understanding and appreciation of this plant then I did before. If all goes well until the end then it makes it that much more enjoyable.

OH yeah they coming along nice. Good looking with ripping the humidifier out, shouldn't need >50 anymore from here on out, in fact soon enough you'll probably not want to see 60.
Ditto on the understanding and appreciation... idk.. after spending 9hrs mixing,phing, flushing, testing etc.. I'm not in a 'but this is enjoyable' mood atm. lol.. Now time to eat last nights dinner finally this morning.

Woke up this morning and checked on my plants. All is look good EXCEPT I noticed that one leaf has a couple holes. I checked around on the other leaves between the two plants and didn't see any others. I will keep a eye out. I hope this was just a off case that a bug got in and starting having lunch.

420-magazine-mobile1331875060.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1414020560.jpg

Try this as some thing to figure out to help you understand ppm parts per million or ec reader
420-magazine-mobile1165497949.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1904665458.jpg

Did this help make you understand it better ?

Day 44

Everything has been going well. I came back from a 3 day trip and was able to tend to my girls for a bit. I gave them a bit of feeding since it's been close to 5 days since they drank anything.

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile412943718.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1803644584.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile354062523.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1354314350.jpg

Day 47

What a beautiful day! Candy's cola is looking beautiful. I came home from work today and noticed my plants were wilting. Thirsty girls. It's been about 3 days since they had anything to drink. For the past couple of feedings I have been giving them half the liquid of what I was giving before. Before I was splitting up a gallon between the both of them in one sitting. Then I read on another post I'm subbed on that "less water is better." . make sense. Now for the past couple waterings I've only given about a quarter of a gallon to each. I wonder if I was over watering and that's why my girls are not as tall as I wanted them.

I wanted them to be at least 2-3 ft tall? Maybe it is the strain, however, I've seen some nice size plants on YouTube of the same CKS candy Cane autoflower. I'm not complaining because it's not like I have the height to accommodate that tall of a plant. .

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile1482093661.jpg

420-magazine-mobile927374573.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile1748831637.jpg

Day 47

What a beautiful day! Candy's cola is looking beautiful. I came home from work today and noticed my plants were wilting. Thirsty girls. It's been about 3 days since they had anything to drink. For the past couple of feedings I have been giving them half the liquid of what I was giving before. Before I was splitting up a gallon between the both of them in one sitting. Then I read on another post I'm subbed on that "less water is better." . make sense. Now for the past couple waterings I've only given about a quarter of a gallon to each. I wonder if I was over watering and that's why my girls are not as tall as I wanted them.

I wanted them to be at least 2-3 ft tall? Maybe it is the strain, however, I've seen some nice size plants on YouTube of the same CKS candy Cane autoflower. I'm not complaining because it's not like I have the height to accommodate that tall of a plant. .

You know I've see the same videos of cks candy's on YT and wondered the same thing about mine with it's various issues.. who seems to be maxed out around 11-12" thus far when I was expecting 18-24 even with topping".

You know I've see the same videos of cks candy's on YT and wondered the same thing about mine with it's various issues.. who seems to be maxed out around 11-12" thus far when I was expecting 18-24 even with topping".
I'm still feeling hopeful since we still have about 30+ days before a potential harvest.

Day 52

Everything has been on pretty much autopilot. Temps have been between 70-80 humidity has been consistent in the 50% range. I still check on the girls daily. This morning when I woke up and went to take a look, I noticed the first problem to arise. I'm hoping with everyone help, you can guide me in the right direction.

The last feeding was Saturday. I mixed up a gallon of water with 1 1/2 tspn of big bloom, 2 tspn tiger bloom, and 2 tspn of grow big. I only fed a quarter of the gallon. The deficiency is on Testie and Candy is still looking good.

Testie deficiency
420-magazine-mobile468255446.jpg

420-magazine-mobile165411070.jpg

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile650511093.jpg

I'm thinking it may have been the last feeding. I Ph'd the water to 5.9....could that have caused it? I'm thinking I may need to begin a flush?

Back
Top Bottom