Candy Cane Auto Journal - First Grow

Day 29

Good evening everyone. I gave nutrients yesterday but kind of did my own batch based off the week 5 schedule of fox farms to soil schedule. I mixed a gallon of water with 1 1/2 tspn of big bloom, 2 tspn of grow big, and 1 tsp of tiger bloom. I then checked the ph and it stayed steady at 6.1. I am happy with that because I want to keep my self in the 6.3ish area.

I put the 2 tspn of grow big mainly for the nitrogen.

She seems to be reacting well and I don't show any signs of burn or anything, so that is good! I just checked on them and they seem to be happy and moving well. I guess I missed out on Candy's sex confirmation, however, I'm sure she is a female. As for Testie, well I saw hers and confirmed she is a female. To some this may not be a big deal, for me, I am very interested in learning how to successfully grow. I need to be able to find these parts fpr when i go with regular femenized seeds i have a idea of what im doing. Haha Autoflower seems to be much easier.

✌❤

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile1655162371.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile1949553341.jpg

Can someone confirm this is female
420-magazine-mobile746081136.jpg

It's a very blurry picture. Aren't those pistols sticking out? Certainly looks that way. It's possible that it's both, but highly unlikely. What's your worry?

I am starting off slow with one plant since I lost two plants prior never making it past seedling stage.

I am making a first attempt at candy cane using fox farms happy frog in a 3 gallon pot. I plan on keeping it at 24/0 inside of a small grow tent.

Day 1- 15 hours in distilled water
Day 2- put the seed in a paper towel soaked with the same water it sat in. It began to sprout so I went ahead and out it in the soil.

For lights I am going to be using 4x 23w CFL 6500K. I would like to upgrade down the road. I also have a intake fan and a exhuast fan plugged in.

Here is my setup. All feedback is welcome good or bad. Here's my setup. Let's go!
420-magazine-mobile172374080.jpg

I'm subbed in sorry took so long .

Mad Love and support coming from Canada . to your way.

I'll give a read shortly see what going on.

Day 31

Good evening! Yesterday I just gave ph water and completely took out the CFL. As part of the transition in to LED. I don't even know if that was even necessary. I think it may have been more for me to put confidence in the LED lights. They seemed kind of droopy, however I think that was from watering more then anything. This morning when I woke up, the leaves were reaching for the light and seemed to be very happy. I can also see how Candy is taking off on height and her sister Testie is not far behind. Testie is still shorter, but her two tops are growing rapidly. There is even a branch in the middle competing for the light. I feel like Testie might be putting out for heads for flowering. We will see what the future holds.

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile947326942.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile1898021809.jpg

✌❤

Day 31

Good evening! Yesterday I just gave ph water and completely took out the CFL. As part of the transition in to LED. I don't even know if that was even necessary. I think it may have been more for me . to put confidence in the LED lights. They seemed kind of droopy, however I think that was from watering more then anything. This morning when I woke up, the leaves were reaching for the light and seemed to be very happy. I can also see how Candy is taking off on height and her sister Testie is not far behind. Testie is still shorter, but her two tops are growing rapidly. There is even a branch in the middle competing for the light. I feel like Testie might be putting out for heads for flowering. We will see what the future holds.

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile947326942.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile1898021809.jpg

Have you ponytailed them they don't mind to be pony tailed in veg they responded well :) keep as much light into the main middle .

Looking good so far ..

Nevermind they are in flowering I'll shut up. Lol

Day 29

Good evening everyone. I gave nutrients yesterday but kind of did my own batch based off the week 5 schedule of fox farms to soil schedule. I mixed a gallon of water with 1 1/2 tspn of big bloom, 2 tspn of grow big, and 1 tsp of tiger bloom. I then checked the ph and it stayed steady at 6.1. I am happy with that because I want to keep my self in the 6.3ish area.

I put the 2 tspn of grow big mainly for the nitrogen.

She seems to be reacting well and I don't show any signs of burn or anything, so that is good! I just checked on them and they seem to be happy and moving well. I guess I missed out on Candy's sex confirmation, however, I'm sure she is a female. As for Testie, well I saw hers and confirmed she is a female. To some this may not be a big deal, for me, I am very interested in learning how to successfully grow. I need to be able to find these parts fpr when i go with regular femenized seeds i have a idea of what im doing. Haha Autoflower seems to be much easier.

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile1655162371.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile1949553341.jpg

Can someone confirm this is female
420-magazine-mobile746081136.jpg

Hey do you have a ppm readings and what is ph at currently from run off? Just out of curiosity:)

Hey do you have a ppm readings and what is ph at currently from run off? Just out of curiosity:)
I don't have a PPM meter. I hope I am not underestimating the importance of PPM. It's on my list however to get a combo meter if this grow goes good.

As for the run off PH, I didn't measure that during this watering. I'll get it on next watering/feeding. Is there a rule of thumb for the runoff PH?

I don't have a PPM meter. I hope I am not underestimating the importance of PPM. It's on my list however to get a combo meter if this grow goes good.

As for the run off PH, I didn't measure that during this watering. I'll get it on next watering/feeding. Is there a rule of thumb for the runoff PH?

If in soil just make sure it not below 6 and not above 6.8 best I'd 6.3 ish for soil been told
Yes order a ppm meter I'll help you out .amsxon or eBay 20$ ..

I've very curious about this as well..
The out-ppm's specifically.. I do check this but what should I be looking for in that.
I mean I know the ppm's of what I put in (that can be key, no question), but what comes out in run-off, should I be looking for about the same?
Mine is always lower (well beyond the first couple waterings)...lately then again what's the right way to sample that?

So like for ph I trust most the tail-end side of my run-off, and I test two types of that run off... the in-the-tray version, and when I capture enough in my cut-off cups, the directly-out-of pot hole run-off. I find the small sample size of ppm in the out-cups is very low like 100-150, later as I combine all run-off after testing separate into one run-off collection container per plant (sampled and unsampled collection) and it's like 100's of ml... I check and ppm is usually like double... or put another way, much closer to what I put in.

So if I put say 420ppm in, should I be looking for ~420ppm out?
I know during a flushing it's important and then you're trying to get same out as in...give-or-take with ppm as you are ph, but what of a typical watering.
(assume here I'm not talking about my first couple waterings of the pots... I know they'll be high-out in those cases cause of all the nutes already in there - FFOF\FFHF in my case)

I've very curious about this as well..
The out-ppm's specifically.. I do check this but what should I be looking for in that.
I mean I know the ppm's of what I put in (that can be key, no question), but what comes out in run-off, should I be looking for about the same?
Mine is always lower (well beyond the first couple waterings)...lately then again what's the right way to sample that?

So like for ph I trust most the tail-end side of my run-off, and I test two types of that run off... the in-the-tray version, and when I capture enough in my cut-off cups, the directly-out-of pot hole run-off. I find the small sample size of ppm in the out-cups is very low like 100-150, later as I combine all run-off after testing separate into one run-off collection container per plant (sampled and unsampled collection) and it's like 100's of ml... I check and ppm is usually like double... or put another way, much closer to what I put in.

So if I put say 420ppm in, should I be looking for ~420ppm out?
I know during a flushing it's important and then you're trying to get same out as in...give-or-take with ppm as you are ph, but what of a typical watering.
(assume here I'm not talking about my first couple waterings of the pots... I know they'll be high-out in those cases cause of all the nutes already in there - FFOF\FFHF in my case)
I just ask the same question on another thread and waiting for answer lol, I just got one a few days back and I'm trying to figure out how it can help me lol, my out ppm is also lower than what I put in, I assume if it was higher than you put in you would be over feeding and have build up but if it's lower does that mean the plant wants more nutes...️

I just ask the same question on another thread and waiting for answer lol, I just got one a few days back and I'm trying to figure out how it can help me lol, my out ppm is also lower than what I put in, I assume if it was higher than you put in you would be over feeding and have build up but if it's lower does that mean the plant wants more nutes...️

Oh it can help you big time on the going in side... ie knowing just how much you're feeding ppm\ec wise.
As for out I've been operating on the sort of assumption that lower out from what I put in more or less meant my plant was eating\retaining a lot of what I gave it, I could be totally wrong though, like you I wonder if it's a sign to try edging up on the nutes. As for coming out higher than put in, short of the first 3-4 weeks that probably shouldn't happen after the basic nutes originally in the soil get depleted\washed out.... i would think... then again depends on how hot the starting soil is I guess.

Oh it can help you big time on the going in side... ie knowing just how much you're feeding ppm\ec wise.
As for out I've been operating on the sort of assumption that lower out from what I put in more or less meant my plant was eating\retaining a lot of what I gave it, I could be totally wrong though, like you I wonder if it's a sign to try edging up on the nutes. As for coming out higher than put in, short of the first 3-4 weeks that probably shouldn't happen after the basic nutes originally in the soil get depleted\washed out.... i would think... then again depends on how hot the starting soil is I guess.
I think it helps alot during a flush also, it will tell you when your soil is flushed good, I used it today when I flushed one of mine...️

Day 33

Here I am on Day 33....I think and everything is looking real good. I haven't done much except checking on here and just monitoring. The soil is still a little moist so I don't plan on doing anything for at least another couple days.

The topping I did on Testie a couple weeks ago looks good. The "actual" middle stem is growing fairly quickly and maybe catching up to the two tall heads. Im hoping I didn't stunt her growth because she is not getting taller only bushier.

As for Candy, she is getting taller every day. I went back and forth on LST, weather I should, I did, then removed. I am going to let her do her thing and if she gets too tall for my tent and light then I will begin to tie her down.

Candy:
420-magazine-mobile42953228.jpg

420-magazine-mobile532677423.jpg

Testie:
420-magazine-mobile1113606833.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1701328816.jpg

Back
Top Bottom