1st time grower needing advice

old420biker

420 Member
Hello, I'm a first time grower and I need advice. I'm using a smart pot and I have a white residue on the outside of the pot. My question is, is the residue salt or mildew? I'm using a 2'×2'×4' grow tent it has plenty of ventilation and I have a fan inside with plenty of air circulation. My plant is starting her second week of flowering. I do not smell any mildew. My plant looks good, but there is a little potassium deficiency that I have countered with nutrients. My main concern is the residue on the pot. Help.

Attachments

• 15462220666381140977566.jpg
    15462220666381140977566.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 1546222278656707682914.jpg
    1546222278656707682914.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 1546222310172-682281092.jpg
    1546222310172-682281092.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 82
Hello, I'm a first time grower and I need advice. I'm using a smart pot and I have a white residue on the outside of the pot. My question is, is the residue salt or mildew? I'm using a 2'×2'×4' grow tent it has plenty of ventilation and I have a fan inside with plenty of air circulation. My plant is starting her second week of flowering. I do not smell any mildew. My plant looks good, but there is a little potassium deficiency that I have countered with nutrients. My main concern is the residue on the pot. Help.
Were you eating powdered doughnuts? :rofl::popcorn: ...I guess I have the munchies :hmmmm: ...no seriously the first questions please...

The temp ranges from 68° to 72°. I have only used only the nutrients from the soil (fox farm ocean forest and water) until I notice the potassium deficiency. I added general hydroponics flora grow, bloom, and micro only once, but will be feeding again tomorrow. In between feedings I use only water.

What is the PPM of your feed water. Mine is very high and when used I get this. If it’s not the water it may be nutes. Give us the info on your water and nutes.
I'm using 1/8 per 16.9oz of water of floragro, bloom and micro. I use bottled water with a pH of 6.

The temp ranges from 68° to 72°. I have only used only the nutrients from the soil (fox farm ocean forest and water) until I notice the potassium deficiency. I added general hydroponics flora grow, bloom, and micro only once, but will be feeding again tomorrow. In between feedings I use only water.
If it was "me" I would raise the low temp to at least 70 if I could :hmmmm: ...and the hydro nutes for organic, it works but not as good as organics. I use "general organics go box" (about $35-$40 online) cheap and works well...:goodluck:
EDIT: Let me rephrase that, I've heard of people using hydro nutes in organic soil, but have not done so myself...I'm afraid it would disrupt my network of microbes I have living in there...peace and the best of luck to you OB :rollit:

If it was "me" I would raise the low temp to at least 70 if I could :hmmmm: ...and the hydro nutes for organic, it works but not as good as organics. I use "general organics go box" (about $35-$40 online) cheap and works ell...:goodluck:
EDIT: Let me rephrase that, I've heard of people using hydro nutes in organic soil, but have not done so myself...I'm afraid it would disrupt my network of microbes I have living in there...peace and the best of luck to you OB :rollit:
If it was "me" I would raise the low temp to at least 70 if I could :hmmmm: ...and the hydro nutes for organic, it works but not as good as organics. I use "general organics go box" (about $35-$40 online) cheap and works well...:goodluck:
I really appreciate your advice, thank you!

I really appreciate your advice, thank you!
You're welcome OB anytime. I'm sarcastic and try to have fun with all this, so if you bare with me I'll tell ya everything I know, won't take long cuz I don't know shit :rofl: no seriously I'll help as much as I can, and if I don't know then I'll tell ya and point you in a direction and we'll both learn :nomo::reading420magazine::popcorn:

I think its salt. Looks alright to me. I have the same type of pots. It never even occurred to me that it could be mould. I’m flushing at the moment (4th month). The white splotches showed up after about a month.

You're welcome OB anytime. I'm sarcastic and try to have fun with all this, so if you bare with me I'll tell ya everything I know, won't take long cuz I don't know shit :rofl: no seriously I'll help as much as I can, and if I don't know then I'll tell ya and point you in a direction and we'll both learn :nomo::reading420magazine::popcorn:
No worries Mocha, we'll get along just fine. We sarcastic aholes need to stick together...lol. Tbh I started last year researching on how to grow. I've learned alot, but also know I still don't know shit. And since I'm a noob I don't know any local growers that would be will to take me under their wing. Peace bro

Back
Top Bottom