1st time indoor?

Thor76

Just wondering if my peeps could help me with my lighting issue? My babies are doing beautifully! Nice,big and fat.... Will begin flowering stage in a couple of weeks and need to know the best lights to use. The LEAST expensive most producing lights available? Any suggestions I could really use the help?

cfl's for the least expensive, but if you want fat buds you might look into a 250w hps or even 400w

Like I said this is my first grow just trying to get the thumb green.....but let me ask you this? In my second shot Im going all out.Organic soil, ordering some seeds, the nutes , the bloom, the lights , the room set up better. Growing 5 plants. What would be a good wattage to use? Im thinking 400. Maybe a 4 bulb 4ft t-5 set. in a 5 x 4 shed. Im going to run better vent. system because outside(connected to laundry room).I dont want to spend the monies if 2 much and dont want to have not enough.And what light spectrum would be ideal?

With HID lighting you're shooting for 50 watts per square foot used...more won't hurt, but less can. So you need to decide how long you're going to veg your plants...keeping in mind that the plants footprint will double or triple in height and width during flower. 600 watt lights are the most efficient single light, especially when coupled with a top notch digital ballst. 5 plants are going to take a good amount of space if you veg for 30-45 days, so some study of advanced techniques, such as SCRoG may be beneficial for you.

Back
Top Bottom