2 600's, Ebb & Gro, WW_Violator Kush_PPP

This weekend they started week 3 of flower. Changed the rez again this
morning. PPM is now at 1000. PH was a little low at 5.3, but I left it like that
because it seems like the day after I change it, it always goes up about .5 so
it should be at 5.8 by tomorrow on its own.

I got rid of the 400W MH and picked up another Hydrofarm vented hood and a 1000W HPS. So now I'm running
2 600's and a 1000. The wife is going to blow a gasket when she sees the next electric bill.

I also moved the 2 powerskunks from that were in the DWC into the ebb &
gro. The transplant went fine and they were liking the ebb & gro, but they
both ended up being males. So now I'm back down to 10 plants in the system.
One of the power skunks is definitely female and the other one could go either way still.

One of the 8 cuttings I took grew roots. The other 7 died.
I moved it into the DWC. I have the DWC inside the box my A/C
unit came in. I have it so I can keep a flourescent running 24/0 and not bother
the other plants during their dark cycle but they can still be in the controlled
environment.

I had a little accident today that gave me chance to try some more cloning.
A fan fell over on top of VK#3 and broke off a huge branch. I cut about 6 cuttings off it so hopefully it will work out for the best..

Here are some pics.

The room.
Room9.JPG

The Mother box.
Mother_Box.JPG

Some of the buds starting to form:
VK_4_Bud.JPG

WW_Bud.JPG

G13_WW_bud.JPG

VK#3. This is the one I broke. Its also the biggest plant in the garden.
If the clones take, I'll be glad it was this one that the fan fell on.
36_in_VK_3.JPG

The Powerskunks
2_Powerskunks.JPG

The practice plant buds. I can't believe these things do this well with nothing
but Miracle Grow and some water. I think I'll be harvesting these next week.
All of the trichomes are cloudy and a few are turnng amber. I'll be really excited to finally smoke (vaporize actually) something I grew myself.
Test_plant_bud_3.JPG

Test_plant_bud_2.JPG
\
Test_plant_bud_1.JPG

Thanks for following along!

I have something weird going on with one branch of one of the plants. For the past few days all the leaves on this branch have been looking really shiny. Like they were waxed or something. Now it looks like they have some kind of weird puckering going on along the edges. It's hard to see in the pictures, but it almost looks like someone ran a real tight 1/4 inch stitch with a sewing machine between each of the veins with redish brown thread.

Anyone know what this could be or what I can do about it?

DSC02892.JPG

DSC028911.JPG

DSC028901.JPG

Thanks for any advice you can offer...

Looks like a nute burn of some kind.

What are you running for nutes? pH? EC?

Yeah, I think you're right McBudz.

I'm running House & Garden Nutes according to their feed chart. This week it's at 1000 PPM up from 690 last week. Ph is at 5.8.

I also put in 11ml/gal CalMag. In fact this started about the same time as I started using the Calmag. Could that be what's causing it?

I guess I'm not too worried about it anymore. What ever it is, it doesn't seem to be getting any worse or spreading and the buds growing on that branch look as good as any of the others... I did run a bunch of ph'd RO water through that plant. I don't think there's much else I can do without affecting the rest of the garden anyways is there?

Thanks for the reply McBudz!

Beginning 4th week of flower.. Things are starting to get interesting.

Group Shots
Bushes_1024x768_.JPG

Plants_1024x768_.JPG

I've found that I can keep the light a lot closer to the plants now that I'm pulling
air from outside the house through the lights. One of the few benefits of living in a cold weather state I guess.
1000W_1024x768_.JPG

Stems are getting fat!
Fat_Stem_1024x768_.JPG

Top of the G13 WW.
G13WW_Top_1024x768_.JPG

The Pure Power Plant
PPP_buds_1024x768_.JPG

Harvested the practice plants today too.
They look way better than the bags they came from.
Bagseed_plants_hanging_1024x768_.JPG

Practice_bud1_1024x768_.JPG

Practice_bud3_1024x768_.JPG

Practice_bud2_1024x768_.JPG

What a great day:cool:

Thanks for checking it out!

G13_WW_Brown_Spot2.JPG

G13WW_Brown_Spot1.JPG

Is it Nute Burn? What can I do about it? Should I be worried?

Thanks for stopping by![/QUOTE]

This could be a nute burn it could also be a number of many deficiency's, I would recomend that you get a book on cultivatating cannabis, they are not expensive. You can score one from Chapters for about $20.00 and it will list all the different sorts of deficiency's that could be causing that yellowing. If I had to guess first hand, I would say its Nitrogen deficiency or magnesium deficiency. Try feeding more nitrogen and magnesium to your plants.

Anyone know what this could be or what I can do about it?

DSC02892.JPG

DSC028911.JPG

DSC028901.JPG

Thanks for any advice you can offer...[/QUOTE]

This is most likley potassium or copper deficiency. I will say this again. Buy a Cannabis cultivation book from the store. It will provide you will alll the necessary information about different deficiency's. Marijuana requires 3 main elements (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, amd Potassium) and about 12 trace-elements (micro-nuitrients) to grow healthy and flurish. The proper book will tell you about all these trace elements and how all the bullshit that is happening can be avoided. I hate it when all the idiots say "looks like a nut burn", yes it is true that yellowing can happen due to the results of a nut burn but over 90% of the time it is because of something your plant is lacking. I hope this information is of some use to you. HAPPY GROWING.

Hey, If you are going to purchase any cannabis books. I would recommend buying Cannabis Cultivator a step-by-step Guide to Growing Marijuana by Jeff Ditchfield, I think this book will help you a great deal in the future. That also goes for all you saying that those are nut burns, pick up that book and learn some more. Ill answer your questions anytime to my fullest knowledge. Just drop me a pm. ;)

Frankthetank-- Thanks man. I'm over on the west side near GR.

Bongfiend-- Thanks for the advice. I will look for the book you mentioned. One question: On a setup like mine where all of the plants feed from the same reservoir, is there anything you can do about something like that? I mean, if I were to determine that it was indeed a Potassium or Copper deficiency, how would I treat it without affecting the rest of the plant and the other plants who are growing fine right now?

I hate it when all the idiots say "looks like a nut burn", yes it is true that yellowing can happen due to the results of a nut burn but over 90% of the time it is because of something your plant is lacking. I hope this information is of some use to you. HAPPY GROWING.Hey, If you are going to purchase any cannabis books. I would recommend buying Cannabis Cultivator a step-by-step Guide to Growing Marijuana by Jeff Ditchfield, I think this book will help you a great deal in the future. That also goes for all you saying that those are nut burns, pick up that book and learn some more. Ill answer your questions anytime to my fullest knowledge. Just drop me a pm.

what? please keep these posts respectful.
Where did you find that statistic? sounds like bs to me. Read a bit deeper or get a better book dude. Do you realize these "idiots" as you called them actually have great grows on here, and are very skilled? I would PM you but you are too new. lol . Much of the time excess nutes, not nuts (as nuts are harmless), causes deficiencies of other elements. Often times the lateral hooking of the leaves is ph related, also I wouldnt be suprised if the light is too close causing the foliage to dry internally, scaring the surface and contorting the leaves. Get the grow bible, and another basic all-around gardening book; you will be fine.

Frankthetank-- Thanks man. I'm over on the west side near GR.

Bongfiend-- Thanks for the advice. I will look for the book you mentioned. One question: On a setup like mine where all of the plants feed from the same reservoir, is there anything you can do about something like that? I mean, if I were to determine that it was indeed a Potassium or Copper deficiency, how would I treat it without affecting the rest of the plant and the other plants who are growing fine right now?

There are alot of ways to add trace-elements to just one plant. Lots of cannabis books will tell you certain different things that you can add to your growing medium to help out your plants. Try some liquid seaweed as a foilier spray it has many trace-elements and micro-nutrients. If you read about this I am sure you will solve your problem.

what? please keep these posts respectful.
Where did you find that statistic? sounds like bs to me. Read a bit deeper or get a better book dude. Do you realize these "idiots" as you called them actually have great grows on here, and are very skilled? I would PM you but you are too new. lol . Much of the time excess nutes, not nuts (as nuts are harmless), causes deficiencies of other elements. Often times the lateral hooking of the leaves is ph related, also I wouldnt be suprised if the light is too close causing the foliage to dry internally, scaring the surface and contorting the leaves. Get the grow bible, and another basic all-around gardening book; you will be fine.

Sorry if my post was a little disrespectful, you guys just caught me in a off mood. But I assure you these statistics are 100% true and like I said it could be a nute burn but most likley the plant is lacking something. This is most definitley not bs. Yes it can also be ph related, but excess nutes does not cause deficiencies. The definition of deficiency is not enough, and it makes 0 sense that excess nutrient would be providing not enought trace-elements to the plant, that would be overfeeding. (Sorry about saying nuts instead of nutes. LOL)

Its all good. But I do stand by my statement and would like to see these stats.As far as 90% blah, blah, blah; I dont buy it. How does that guy know what goes on behind closed doors? Was there a poll sent around that I missed?
Its really a simple theory, the plants can only take so much of any nutrient; and some nutes are much more readily available. Its like trying to drink a thick milkshake with a tiny straw if there is too much of any/all nutrients.
For example (pg 262 0f the grow bible) "Magnesium is also bound in the soil if there is an excess of Potassium, ammonia (Nitrogen), and calcium (carbonate). A high EC slows the evaporation and will also diminish magnesium availability." End Quote.
I could go on and on as most elements in excess will block another from being available but I dont want to hijack this thread.

Consider the light height in your attempt to diagnose the issue.

Its all good. But I do stand by my statement and would like to see these stats.As far as 90% blah, blah, blah; I dont buy it. How does that guy know what goes on behind closed doors? Was there a poll sent around that I missed?
Its really a simple theory, the plants can only take so much of any nutrient; and some nutes are much more readily available. Its like trying to drink a thick milkshake with a tiny straw if there is too much of any/all nutrients.
For example (pg 262 0f the grow bible) "Magnesium is also bound in the soil if there is an excess of Potassium, ammonia (Nitrogen), and calcium (carbonate). A high EC slows the evaporation and will also diminish magnesium availability." End Quote.
I could go on and on as most elements in excess will block another from being available but I dont want to hijack this thread.

90% may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I just thought I would try to provide some information. But does this still apply if you are growing in hydro ? I was just trying to state that it could also be a number of deficiencies rather than a nute burn. And a little extra reading on marijuana deficiencies never hurt no one LOL.

Another reason I figured it could be a deficiency of some sort is because he feeds his plants all from the same reservoir, and if it was a nute burn wouldn't all the plants be affected rather than just a few ?

Back
Top Bottom