Lil Green Man's White Russian 1000w Ebb & Grow Show

Little Green man looking good man ! I love your setup so clean =] I say fuck it and you go ahead and Veg those babies for for a good 30-45 days , and then move the sexy ladies into the flower room !!!! But :goodluck: and im loving this setup , I will be here for the ride ^_^

Thanks for the input volcoM! I really hope more people like you drop by to give their two cents.

I whole-heartedly agree with your call on vegging them for another 30 days or so then flip them into flower but I have a slight problem with that. They would be far too big to flower in that small closet and the flowering tent is taken up by the other 6 ebb & gro plants. I would have to leave these plants in here vegging until Dec 1 , then flip the switch and move them to the flowering tent. However, if I let these things veg for 60 more days they would be FAR too big to fit into my flowering tent under the 1000w'er . They would be enourmous bushes by then. I suppose I could just leave them in here and prune them back every now and again until Dec 1.

I really can't decide. I want to have 6 huge ebb and gro plants , but I also want to flowering everything I have now then do an Ebb & Gro Autoflower show. I don't have to decide just yet though, I suppose I have a while to ponder and gather suggestions.

if you veg much more than 4-5 weeks you will get rootbound....not to mention height issues....everything looks fantatstic though

if you veg much more than 4-5 weeks you will get rootbound....not to mention height issues....everything looks fantatstic though

OOOOoooOOoO PitViper in the house:yahoo:

thanks for stopping by and thanks for the input on my dilemma, that's exactly what I needed to know. I guess I'll throw these babies into flowering now then.

I have a question about my flowering plants. I have my water ph'ed to 5.5 and it drifts up to 6.1 or so then it gets Ph'ed back down. Res temp 75-80, ppm 1450. It never gets above 85F in the canopy. However, I still see random deficiencies in most of the plants. I have magnesium at the bottom, nitrogen on a few of the bigger fan leaves (towards the top too), random cal/mag rust spots and thats just to name a few.

Why do these random maladies show up on my leaves and how can I prevent them. Also is 1450 ppm too high for these plants right now? they are about 3.5 ft tall not including the bucket and are on their 3rd week of flowering. :thanks: for any input you can provide.

:peacetwo::Rasta:

great grow bro, yu should definitely give me some lmao jk, but i definitely want to start growin

I would if I could bro, you should just start growing, it's easy as hell to do soil.

I meant veg them babies for no more up to 30-45 <-max >.< my bad i was hittin :bongrip:ya know how it is :O :D
ok volcoM that makes much more sense. seeing how these are 2 gallon pots I figure 3 months in the pots is right about the limit.

hey there LGM i just found out about this forum after reading your journal on another forum . thought id come over and see how your grow is going. Great I see !! lol

I vote for flowering now .. the girls would get soooo huge if they were left to veg another 2 months . Youd need a 2 car garage to handle them all lol

Wolf

I may have to move my journal over here

hey there LGM i just found out about this forum after reading your journal on another forum . thought id come over and see how your grow is going. Great I see !! lol

I vote for flowering now .. the girls would get soooo huge if they were left to veg another 2 months . Youd need a 2 car garage to handle them all lol

Wolf

I may have to move my journal over here

Update actually: Veg plants just got out of 30 hours of darkness and now both the flowering tent and the flowering closet are flowering underway. I just ordered a new Hanna Ph/TDS/Temp tester because I'm pretty sure my NutraDipTrimeter is a piece of junk, I'm getting random deficencies all over my leaves (I'm guessing from spotting PH readings). Either way, all 12 plants are in full flowering now and its full speed ahead.

What the purpose of the 30 hrs of darkness ? :hmmmm: I flipped mine on Oct 1st , but i didnt do anything other than change the light timer ...

I have a question about my flowering plants. I have my water ph'ed to 5.5 and it drifts up to 6.1 or so then it gets Ph'ed back down. Res temp 75-80, ppm 1450. It never gets above 85F in the canopy. However, I still see random deficiencies in most of the plants. I have magnesium at the bottom, nitrogen on a few of the bigger fan leaves (towards the top too), random cal/mag rust spots and thats just to name a few.

Why do these random maladies show up on my leaves and how can I prevent them. Also is 1450 ppm too high for these plants right now? they are about 3.5 ft tall not including the bucket and are on their 3rd week of flowering. :thanks: for any input you can provide.

:peacetwo::Rasta:[/QUOTE]
LGM i've been havin same prob as i've kept PH@5.5/PPM@1200. my kids were unhappy so now i'm at 5.7 letin is ride up to 6.0/PPM@780 and i also sprayed them down with distilled water from underneith and on top of leaves plus tryin to keep rez 68 to 70F as i read high rez temps promote unwanted fugi to grow. my kids are responding by bushing up again and vert grow is on again. they seemed to just stop growin and now it's happnin.
here is a pic i put a few more up on my journal didn't want to crowd yours with my pics. people might get confussed.
anyway here it is...
20101007-DSCF6381.jpg

MBS

9 Plant 1000W Aeroponic Caramelicious From Seed

MyBigSelf, for the very reason you stated can you not post pictures in my thread? :lot-o-toke:

your plants don't look anythin like what mine look like and if you didn't let them drift up to 5.7 before your deficencies started showing themselves then that's obvioiusly why you have them. let your ph run from 5.5 to 6.1 , then send it back down. no more need to post pictures in my journal.

THANKS

Alright guys get this.

over the last week the plants in the tent have gotten significantly worse and I couldn't decide why. thought it was cal/mag but 10ml / gal didn't help.

but yesterday I found the culprit.

I got a new Ph meter (waterproof Hanna ph/ec/tds/temp) and even though it isn't continuous reading like the Tri-meter I have I love it way more. Ease of use and ability to use the meter while my electro ballasts are on is worth it.

anyways

I had been setting my ph to 5.5 and letting it drift to 6.1 this whole time. However, even when calibrated my tri-meter was off by .2 ph. this means when I adjusted my solution it was actually 5.7ph drifting to 6.3.

Because my ph had never gone below 5.7 I had been locking out Mn ( a very very important microelement).

I have adjusted my ph down to 5.4 in both res' and i'll be foliar feeding next lights off cycle so hopefully this problem should clear up.

It was so bad that I was getting a bunch of leaves falling off, yellowing on most of the plants and rust spots showing up all over. as well as significantly reduced bud growth. they barely grew at all last weekk :lot-o-toke:

anyways. plants should clear up soon and i'll have giant buds in no time. i'm really happy i diagnosed this problem but wish i'd done it sooner. at first i found it hard to justify spending 150 bucks on a meter when I'd already dropped 250 on the tri-meter but turns out it was well worth it. :thumb:

great find LGM I probably should put a PH meter on my " to get " list lol

My girls are on day 11 of they'r 12/12 light 2 are budding up nicely , I'll try an get some pictures up shortly.

Keep the pics coming LGM i love the grow

Wolf

Keep the pics coming LGM i love the grow

Wolf

Thanks a ton wolf. Good luck with your ladies!

in other news...

emergency!

The top flood switch stopped working and flooded my whole closet last night:bravo: ebb & gro. WHAT THE F*CK! how can a flood switch just stop working?!

calling the hydro shop in a few minutes for advice.
has anyone ever had this problem before?! HELP!

WHOLLY CHIT !! :oops: I hope nothing got damaged man good luck with the clean up .. have a quick :passitleft: first lol then grab towels n da mop

Wolf

yeah that was total BS. I ended up having to manually water the plants until R&M supply could convince my local (90 miles away) hydro store to give me a new controller bucket for free.

I think it's extremely funny that they make such an elaborate system but don't install a redundancy float switch as a fail-safe. Whatever.

Anyways. I harvested the plants in the tent about 3 weeks early because I stunted them severely after trying to treat their nute-lockout induced by root rot. Root rot was causing werid Ph fluxuations, adjusted Ph from 6.5 to 5.5 and it shocked the plants further and I started to see deficencies of every nutrient to some extent. It got to the point where anything other than fresh RO water would cause further decay of the leaves within hours. It was bad (I have pictures).

Now I just have the 6 plants that were in the closet ( which are very large and impressive, pictures to follow this post later today). I'll be cleaning out and sanitizing the ebb and grow setup in the tent and moving these closet Russians to the tent.

I've got 20 Easyryder seeds on their way and plan to do a giant ebb and gro autoflower show soon. For now I've got 6 WR in the tent, soon to have 6 Easyryders in the closet. When those are all finished up towards x-mas I'll do a 12 plant 'in-tent' autoflower grow with all my ebb&gro pots.

I'll throw up some harvest pics of these plants I harvested early (should end up being around 10oz from these 6 plants!). Even though I plucked them early they are still very resinous, sticky, and smelly. :blunt:

Ok Final Update.

Ended up harvesting / trashing all of my plants and replacing all the hosing on the ebb & gro system as well as sanatizing 100L of hydroton and all the buckets.

I got a very bad case of root rot that was slowly eating all my plants. When I finally got around to looking I noticed the roots were all black and brown and mushy. I still got a decent amount for my harvest, around 7oz total.

However, I predicted this would happen about a week ago and ordered new seeds. They are Easyryder, autoflowering plants. I've grown them before and seen amazing yields so I wanted to try them in hydro this time.

I've bought a gallon of 35% h2o2 and plan to use that this round instead of the sub-culture M & B to fend off root rot and other ickys.

I've got the seeds and sprouted 10 so far via papertowel method.

check out my new journal for more info on the new grow.

Back
Top Bottom