2012 the end!

I'll think about it when i get's here. Remember what they said about 2000..the world was supposed to end then and some giant superbug never happened...

when 2012 comes, i'll be looking forward to the next end of the world date. Maybe hey could make it an annual holiday! lol! ;)

Hey dont no what's gonna happen all I can say n.a.s.s.a.better be on look out cause there's gonna be the first space ship jacking in history lol.

diesel farmer! You are so f'n right! We could die in any number of random acts tomorrow so why fret about the future, it's not here yet. Carry on living for the future but live for the day. Try to love some portion of your life no matter what your situation is. If you look hard enough there is always something that makes your existence worthwhile. I would of been gone years ago if it weren't for my sons and now my grandsons. Not to mention my mother and sisters and nieces and nephews and 2nd cousins and . . . that would be hurt and affected by my demise.

I go to hell and back on such a regular basis that I get Air Miles for my trips! :0)

Pot makes those trips much easier to take. I can't figure it out. The doctor can give me a pill that alters my mood such that I feel "normal" and function like a useful member of society but if I use a herb to do the same thing I become a criminal.

Personally, I'd like it if all of us 4:20 folk would stop refering to pot as . . . Weed, (it's not!), drug,(it's not). It's as much a herbal remedy as your grannie's rose-hip tea and should be referred to as such and treated the same way according to law. Speaking of herbal laws, have you heard the latest on Bill C-6/52/? that is going to make most herbal remedies illegal in Canada unless recognized by Health Canada? The same draconian edicts are working their way through federal channels in the US in conjunction with Canukistanian approval.

If these new laws make it on the books they will have global impacts on ANY herbal remedies including pot that are not excused by federal law in both our countries. How hard do you think that the feds are hoping for these laws to pass? Big Pharma is bankrolling this assault and it's going to take some serious effort to level the playing field.

If you're an American I beseech you to find out about the changes to Natural Health Products and Herbal Remedies in your upcoming law changing government stuff. I just can't remember what you guys call it but it's BS.

These changes to existing herbal regulations could shut down your grandpa and grandma so lets tell them to FRO and get involved in law reform!

thanks lab I agree, wow are we brothers, lol. I think if it helps and doesnt hurt whats the issue, but whatever takes away from big money medicine is bad and evil thanks to the gov and the media ffs dont wanna get on a rant but u know what im sayin. I dont have the words like u do, so keep it up, peace bro : )

thanks lab I agree, wow are we brothers, lol. I think if it helps and doesnt hurt whats the issue, but whatever takes away from big money medicine is bad and evil thanks to the gov and the media ffs dont wanna get on a rant but u know what im sayin. I dont have the words like u do, so keep it up, peace bro : )

It doesn't matter if you don't have the words. Most of the people that made great changes in this world didn't have the "words", they had the love for their cause and worked to forward the "words" to the folks that needed help to understand the "word" of the day.

Times haven't changed much as the gov't has the bux to spread the "word" deeper and further than us peons have to counter their "words" with scientifically verified fact. Fortunately, the biggest proponent of the "word", the US, is slowly realizing that the "word" is being called BS in many countries around the world and in many states in it's own union.

How long can they keep up this pretense? The US has a war on it's border for the first time since Canada kicked their ass in 1812. The Mexican cartels are invading the southern US states and are a bigger threat to US sovereignty than any mid-eastern country that knocked down towers in NY. Many more thousands have died in the name of "Drug Wars" that died in that telling event. Thousands of more lives have been ruined in the name of "Drug Wars" just because you can't get shit if you've got a felony on your record. If you're black, gay, female or illegal your f**ked if you get caught with a roach much less quantity for re-sale.

When it comes down to words, your words are the same as mine . . . F**K OFF YOU DIRTY SHIT EATING PIGS AND GO BUST A KILLER! Leave me and my pot smokin' buddies alone! It's just crazy that the cops have time to bust users of any drugs when child molesters and killers are walking the streets. Where the hell is their priorities? Where the hell is their common sense? Sure it's a lot easier to bust spaced out stoners and fill the jails with their non-violent bodies plus throw lots of happy children into the arms of child services where they are assured of a better life than chase down real criminals. Great for a late night episode of COPS but don't expect me to get my body armour dirty fer christ sake!

It's our choice. Keep taking it up the poop chute or stand up like men and demand our rights. Just remember that citizens that stand up for their rights in this toxic political arena will be labeled as terrorists, not revolutionaries like the people that fought and died for our freedoms in the past. George Washington supposedly grew and smoked the best pot on the east coast in days gone by. He supposedly treated his slaves very well too. Makes me go . . . Hmmm...

Like Sean Connery said: "What are you prepared to do?"

This excerpt from A Pale Blue Dot was inspired by an image taken, at Sagan's suggestion, by Voyager 1 on February 14, 1990. As the spacecraft left our planetary neighborhood for the fringes of the solar system, engineers turned it around for one last look at its home planet. Voyager 1 was about 6.4 billion kilometers (4 billion miles) away, and approximately 32 degrees above the ecliptic plane, when it captured this portrait of our world. Caught in the center of scattered light rays (a result of taking the picture so close to the Sun), Earth appears as a tiny point of light, a crescent only 0.12 pixel in size.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

-- Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot, 1994

At a distance peace seems easy. But close up it's a different story. I like seeing our desire verse our conduct from that distant point of view.

But, if it weren't for knowlege- we would never have been able to experience life from that point of view.

Knowledge equals freedom.
Ignorance kills.

To fix our future we must fix our schools and all forms of communication.

Life is what you make it but evil whack job people also make theirs. Ever wonder if the tards are currently planning to help the 'end of the world' come about?

No matter. Someone will die.

All we can do is DO NO HARM!

This excerpt from A Pale Blue Dot was inspired by an image taken, at Sagan's suggestion, by Voyager 1 on February 14, 1990. As the spacecraft left our planetary neighborhood for the fringes of the solar system, engineers turned it around for one last look at its home planet. Voyager 1 was about 6.4 billion kilometers (4 billion miles) away, and approximately 32 degrees above the ecliptic plane, when it captured this portrait of our world. Caught in the center of scattered light rays (a result of taking the picture so close to the Sun), Earth appears as a tiny point of light, a crescent only 0.12 pixel in size.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

-- Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot, 1994

Bravo, well put!

:peace:

No, there wasn't, because "horseless carriages" isn't something that would have been in the database. The worst that could have happened is the date on the registration being wrong. You can't get something out of a computer that you didn't put in, its that simple.

C'mon, guys, just because we smoke pot doesn't mean we have to be stupid.

Yup, you're absolutely right, on both counts! Though I have enjoyed the musings of those considering their demise!

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom