2015 Cannabis cultivation resolutions

:woohoo::woohoo::welcome::woohoo:
Are you short? Or just young ...

If you are under 10 years old you have a lot of growing to do, don't worry. Just eat well, get lots of sunshine and never, ever smoke (tobacco). Don't worry - you will grow.

~ Auggie ~
Well Auggie, I wasn't going to say it, but you did. That comment just CRIED out for a smart ass answer!
I'm a rookie here myself, and I gotta say, this is a very confusing Web site to navigate. It takes a while to figure out where you need to be and what the right questions are. I feel for the poor ten year old. So young and so ambitious. He'll be okay if he stays under the 18/6 light for a month or two.
To nivek I say, spend some time cruzing around the tabs at the top of the page and do some reading. We need to understand the question before anyone can help. Cherrio!
Andy. :welcome:

ok, i will clarify,, did not think i would have too but i just can't live with the confusion. the post 'i wanna grow' means more than simply grow plants,, i want to grow as an individual as well, i want to grow my knowledge of all things, i want to grow my list of new experiences, i want to grow a honkin big bud ,,,,,,

I WANNA GROW...:hug:

Lol
I want you to read! Lol (and remember, YouTube is an amazing tool, use it!)

i do actually, i just watched a video of jack herer (sounds like teror) yesterday, and i agree, youtube is a great learning tool

Yup, learn. Study. Read. And when something is not understandable for some reason - come here. There is a LOT of experience here, and we love to help.

Oh, and ... ya gotta put up with the smart assed answer once in a while. Congrats for doing just that. You'll fit in here well.

If you are a newbie grower, I think the best piece of advice I can give you is to pick a very hearty girl. You want to go with OG18, Northern Lights, AK47, Blue Dream ... there's about a dozen others that are forgiving. Some are challenging for an experienced grower. Avoid them for now. You need to go get some experience, make mistakes, and still end up with a finished product. Learn to walk first.

But, in your reading and studying, look at the beginning first. If indoor - what kind of lights, how to nute them, when to nute them, how to prevent bugs, how to diagnose bugs and disease. Get thru the veg ... and let us walk you through. One step at a time. Don't let the enormity of the whole process overwhelm you. Just look at getting through the veg ... then start worrying about the next step. And, don't get discouraged with failure. We've all failed. The trick is not to fail the same way again.

Just do it.

Welcome to a very exclusive club - grower. Welcome to the green machine.

~ Auggie ~

Cheers Auggie! Well put, man.
A question for you. Where would you place " L. A. Confidential " on the difficulty scale?

Well, I went to Google and used key words, "LA Confidential difficulty growing" and got about a billion hits. I looked at the first few and found the following in growingmarijuana dot com.

"L.A. Confidential seeds are an award winning marijuana strain that proudly shows her OG Kush heritage. Although she's happy to grow as a small plant, L.A. Confidential weed will reward you well if you let her veg a bit longer. The larger plant will deliver a much greater yield. L.A Confidential marijuana, like her Kush relatives, is easy to grow and will respond happily to any growing media or methodology. Growers report 2 main phenotypes from L.A. Confidential seeds, but both finish in a speedy 45-55 days and yield similar weights."

If it's related to Kush, its a hearty girl, and the comments above reflect that. Get onto Google and put in the term above and read more on other sites, but I think you might have a winner there. I have never grown LA so I have no personal knowledge, but if it sticks to its Kush heritage, it will be a stocky and fat plant. Not likely to peek over a 6 foot fence, but plant them about eight feet on center so you can walk between them (sideways).

Get them to knee high, (established and growing ravenously) then rattle my cage - there is a few things you need to do when they are older teenagers that will save you a lot of heartache - and I'm talking about bugs. Depending on where you are (are you in California, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado?) you have to be proactive on spider mites and broad mites (professionally referred to as "The Borg", and "Those Mutherfuckers".)

One more word of advice (and some would disagree with me here, so, it's up to you), I would not recommend using organic nutes. They do add a bit to the finished product, but establishing and maintaining the soil ecology is a bit much for a newbie to add to their duties. If you want to use organics, wait until next harvest. I use GH. It is very cost effective, and my girls love it. Easy to use too. I really think this first one needs to be in the KISS method. (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

I had someone walk me thru the process the first time and it was a huge, huge boost. I'm willing to do the same for you so keep in touch. Oh, and do it here in public so others can learn too - that's the point of this place. I'm not a private consultant ... this is knowledge that everyone should have access to. The good thing about doing it publically is that others will chime in with their opinions and experiences. There are many, many ways to achieve the goal - I don't have a lock on THE way to grow, and there are many things I don't know. It's good for you to hear others opinions and experiences, then make up your own mind.

Now - - here is your assignment. Get your seeds (get feminized seeds, again KISS). Put them directly in a medium that HAS NO FERTILIZER IN IT. I use Coco Canna. Keep them moist and warm and they'll sprout. NO FERTILZER of any kind until they're about five inches tall then half strength for a week or two then ok for the full monty feedings.

OK? Go to work.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom