30 year old seeds from my grandpas basement

Cona

Hey there chicks and chumps.

I went for a visit up to the ranch a week ago or so. My step grandpapas wheat ranch. When I was a kid I used to spend summers there learning how to work and be a man. I remembered that there was a little jar of seeds in the headboard of one of the beds in the basement. I think my uncle used to lets say ...supplement the wheat harvest when times were tough. Anyway...sure enuff they were still there after all these years. I have no idea what they are but Im gonna soak some this summer and do an outside grow of a few plants.

Really makes me wonder what they are....intresting to find out though..:high-five:

Cona

I haven't been able to get any of my 10 plus year old seeds to germinate, tried several methods. I hope you have better luck, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high. :)

i'v heard of old old old seeds popping. never had to do it myself. but, get to it! i think it would be pretty interesting :)

I have given up on my ten year old plus seeds. two months worth of various germination methods and nothing. I read somewhere else in the forums about a "bean soak" recipe, but I didn't try it. I think it used molasses? Hope you have better luck!

Back
Top Bottom