39% extraction yield RSO

Ah, I see. I'm very familiar with Stoney Girl & her products. Great edibles. She recommends the CannaBudwig protocol now. I'm currently experimenting with it. I'm calling Doppler at Skunk Pharma tomorrow about an extractor question. In going to ask about the hot washing as well.
Thanks for the info & your efforts.

Thanks for the info & your efforts.

I second that,the more reasonable discussions we can have,the healthier each one of us could get.

:Namaste:

Freezing all right now. I'm going to use a plastic sheet I found & a bungee cord for the bladder.
I'll make the hot wash oil Saturday. I'm going to winterize the wash to clean it some of the lipids, waxes, etc. so it will be ready Sunday afternoon.
I can't this tested (lack of funds), but will have a good idea of where we're at when I take it.

Sorry, I haven't made the oil yet. I wanted the bud to cure a little longer. I made a small cold wash batch.
I'll be making more this weekend, actually tomorrow night & will post results.
I am going to get it tested after all as well. I'll post the lab results when I get them.

I'm about three weeks away from making oil for my Wife. I just hope it's not too late, Oncologist said yesterday that there has been some progression and deterioration. I'm going to try and source some polish vodka called spiritus and use that. It's around 95% to 98% alcohol. Not sure if I can get dry ice yet, might have to skip that. Best of luck with yours.
Cheers n Peace

Wobbler, the polish vodka is great. Everclear too. Not positive, but I don't think you need dry ice. That's frozen water based ice he's using. If not, you can use real ice, just replace as it melts.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. I know firsthand what y'all are going through. You said oncologist. Cancer? What type & stage? Metatastic?

Ask your local fish co-op or fishmonger or butcher, if you can fill up a couple of eskys worth of dry ice. I couldn't see there being a problem with this.

Wobbler, the polish vodka is great. Everclear too. Not positive, but I don't think you need dry ice. That's frozen water based ice he's using. If not, you can use real ice, just replace as it melts.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. I know firsthand what y'all are going through. You said oncologist. Cancer? What type & stage? Metatastic?

Everclear not available in Australia, but after a little research Spiritus is.
Dry ice is a maybe, but I'm happy to proceed without it.
My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 Stomach Cancer ( Gastric Adenocarcinoma ) in September 2013 and given 6 to 12 months. She is only just 40yo.
It's mets to Peritoneal Membrane, Liver and now looking like Ovaries, with fluid starting to build up in the Abdominal cavity.
We had some tincture gifted to us to hopefully tide her over until I could produce something and I'm sure that bought us some time. I'm nearly ready, fingers crossed.
Cheers n Peace

Man, again, in very sorry you 2 have to live with this fight & everything that goes with it. It can be horrifying. You're not alone my friend & more importantly, there is definitely hope.
I've Stage 4 colon cancer, met. to liver. Was supposed to check out many moons ago too. I've been on the oil as a1st line treatment for over a year with no chemo or anything else. My CEA level is down, tumor markers are at normal levels. The cancer is still there as evident in the scans I get, but the tumors are still shrinking.

Come to the oil making tutorial thread before your 1st shot at making it. Sounds like you don't have the time resources to waste.

I have it "Bookmarked" Cajuncelt ( I got your name right :) ) :thanks:
As suggested, I will do one or two dry runs as well, just to reinforce familiarity with the process.
Possibly three weeks away, all things going well, Fingers crossed.
Cheers n Peace

Thanks c526 it's appreciated.
I hadn't grown much in 20 years due to having kids n all, just a few quick little 400w stealth ops for personal.
As soon as we learned of the medicinal values in fighting Cancer as well as other Ailments, I dusted off all my gear, Rabbited out some 20yo seeds, fired up my 600w hps, and now a couple of months in I'm staring at around 1/2 lb dry for first pull in many years, It's a good start.
I have much to learn, and I am so glad I literally stumbled across this site accidentally, I need nowhere else. I've only ever been an uneducated hack as far as growing, but I've always had good results and thankfully after a multiple year hiatus, I have hit the ground running. I can help my Wife immediately and get better at it as I go.
God Bless 420 :adore:

Dry ice is a great idea but I just use regular ice and replace it as it melts. I still have not made any more oil, maybe soon my main cancer patient will need some more so I should be making another 1/2 pound batch for him but I will focus on cleaning it up and reducing chlorophyll, plant waxes and green coloration; even if I take a hit on yield. I should be able to film the polishing process and share the video.

Personally I'm detoxing for a few months to start fresh again cause high doses start to not do much so I'm not making for myself at the moment.

Great videos and great information. Thanks for sharing.

Could you point me in the direction of more information on winterizing the oil, I'm not sure I completely understand what that is.

Thanks again everyone for your information, and good luck to everyone with your ailments. Sending you all good healthy vibes.

Made the oil last night. I did 2 cold washes & 1 reflux with a bladder/ice.
I was pleasantly surprised.
I got 8.5g each from the cold wash & 10.5 from the reflux (hot wash).
I don't think the terpenes were heated out the way I thought which would be a good thing.
The only difference I could see is the reflux batch was a lot greener which was expected.
I winterized the wash & was able to get it clean enough for my use.

I've sent both batches to Green Meds for the cannabinoid profiles. I'll post the results when I get them.

I would have done at least a 2nd, you know 2 cold and 2 hot ones. The hot extraction is already at a disadvantage by doing just one; as well as the fact that you are going last but I'm am curious to find out the results. Its a big question mark to see how much of what I'm getting is medicine but still I would prefer to do 2 or 3 hot washes and just skip the cold washes.

What technique did you use for the hot washes as far as time and temp? If you don't have the right equipment you could just do a double boiler for 30 minutes.

More info on winterizing:

Polishing extracts

Back
Top Bottom