3W vs 100W DIY LED panel

Averell

Hey guys!

I was wondering, did any of you know if its better to use 100x 3w led for a lamp or 3x 100w led?

Is there a difference?

I am planning to use those led :

570012.JPG

Or those led:

57002.JPG

Did anyone have some experience with those?

Thanks!

Yes, and they are cheap. I still struggle between some full spectrum 100w led (5X) or some warm white (10x for the same price as 5 full spectrum). Some people really try to have the good spectrum but i have read a few journal where the builder put a S**T lod of lumens with only cold and warm white and have crazy result. So i am still wondering if its that important to cover the full spectrum. Is it really the good spctrum or more the power of your light thats important?

Nugwrasslin, you link is nice! But theres no price for the spider lamp...

hahahaha cheap.

After expedited shipping and with power supplies and import duties, not as cheap as you think.
But Bravo, DIY is much better than forking over $1000 for one big lamp that only pulls 600W
The big chips contain a matrix of 1 watt light emitting diodes. When you put a lens on you will see the little squares super imposed on whatever you are trying to illuminate. Chinese generic cobs are poop, but only in my opinion. Cree is the best for top quality. I've run the crees at 125% their rated power and they've been running 3000 hours so far and no lumens drop off.
Rhetorrikz runs CREE if my memory recalls.
Good luck :bongrip:

V

I still reading for the power supply. I want to buy some 1000w driver but i still try to figure out how to connect them...

Led driver 1000W 24V(0-26.4V) 41.7A Output Transformer Adjustable ac 220v to dc 48v Switching power supply for LED Strip light for 100$

i have seen a guys use some buck booster and smaller driver

hahahaha cheap.

After expedited shipping and with din rail power supplies and import duties, not as cheap as you think.
But Bravo, DIY is much better than forking over $1000 for one big lamp that only pulls 600W
The big chips contain a matrix of 1 watt light emitting diodes. When you put a lens on you will see the little squares super imposed on whatever you are trying to illuminate. Chinese generic cobs are poop, but only in my opinion. Cree is the best for top quality. I've run the crees at 125% their rated power and they've been running 3000 hours so far and no lumens drop off.
Rhetorrikz runs CREE if my memory recalls.
Good luck :bongrip:

V

Very cool led light

Back
Top Bottom