4 x Autoflower In A Greenhouse

drgreenhouse

Hello, so I am going to start a grow journal mainly for me, just to keep track of everything, so lets see how this goes.

So I am growing 4 x autoflowers in a greenhouse / outside in the South West of UK. 1 x Skunk Mass, 1 x Super Hash, 2 x Quick One. The Super Hash has been planted directly in the soil of the greenhouse and the other 3 are currently in 1 gallon pots. All are mixed 30% perlite 70% soil (will double check what soil in a minute).

They were all planted directly in soil into 1l pots on Tuesday 2nd August and 7 days later transplanted into the pots / ground. The past 3 days I have seen very little growth so I started to bring the 3 plants in pots outisde in direct sunlight for about 10 hours. I belive I have over watered them as the soil around the 3 plants is damp and its been 2 days since last put a little water down, they look healthy but I am going to try and dry the soil slightly and hope for better growth.

Temps in the greenhouse ran high on 8th and 9th, it got to 100 degrees and the skunk mass suffered with some heat stress, thankfully bringing it outside seems to have helped and is looking better.

Humidity is around 40% and i doubt this will change much, as it gets to the flower stage i am guessing it will drop to around 20%.

I am not using any nutes at the moment and don't plan to use any for another 2 weeks, maybe 3. The nutes I plan on using will be Fox Farm, Tiger Bloom, Grow Big and Big Bloom.

The Super Hash was planted directly in the ground as it says height can get to 140cm and a nice big plant would be lovely to have, the Super Hash it says can grow to 120cm and I do have a 7 gallon pot which I may transplant it into but I dont want to disturb it too much, the 2 x quick one I have grows to about 60cm and is a small quick plant so will leave those as is.

I will bring the 3 plants in pots out in direct sunlight as much as possible but I may have to leave them in greenhouse when flowering incase nosey neighbours peer over the fence or they stink too much.

I am hoping for 4 ounces from all 4 of these which I hope should be easily doable but this is my first ever grow.

Pics to follow in next hour, just looking how to do it.

Please let me know if I have forgot something which you would like to know.

Ok so here are the plants. all plants are 10 days from seed, planted directly in soil...

This one is the Super Hash, this was by far the quickest to grow so far but after transplanting into the ground it has slowed (they all have). This one is in the greenhouse getting around 7 hours of direct sunlight a day in good soil about 1ft cube of 30% perlite 70% soil.

20160812_183720_zpswtzfl0zy.jpg

This one is Skunk Mass, this one has had a little of a hard time, the greenhouse got up to 100 degrees for about 3 days consecutively and I think suffered heat stress (the other 3 were fine) it does look like it is ok(ish) now. The soil is also very damp, and I am hoping it dries up very soon.

20160812_183743_zps88wxynex.jpg

This is Quick One (I)

20160812_183817_zpsaqaaxnhk.jpg

This is Quick One (II) she is the slowest grower out of all 4 but still looks ok.

20160812_183831_zpsksu1qdbc.jpg

Skunk Mass, Quick One (I) and (I) are regularly going outside and getting at least 10 hours of direct sunlight a day (at the moment). Cloudy days they stay in the greenhouse. Water I am using is 200ppm and is coming from the tap, I am leaving it 24hours in an open watering can so the chlorine evaporates before use. I will not be watering for about 2/3 days as the soil is quite damp and think I over watered.

The last couple days growth seems to have really slowed down but I am putting this down to a combination of heat stress, over watering and transplanting, extra care will now be given to all plants.

I do have a 7 gallon pot which the Skunk Mass may go into as it should be the second largest plant I have although it is not looking very good at the moment.

I didnt make a note of when the sprouted but I am guessing they are around 6 days old, 10 days from seed.

This is the soil I am using, plants seem to be growing well in it so far, so hopefully it is good for the next 2 weeks then nutes will be added.

20160813_132100_zpszpytgbsx.jpg

20160813_132055_zpssuq4yzad.jpg

I haven given all plants a bit of water, around 500ml, plain water 200 ppm. Unsure of PH it is around 6.0, I am waiting on a digital meter as the strips are terrible.

They have all seemed to respond quite well although Quick One (I) and (II) have very slight curling on the sides of the leaves but do look better. I will have to keep an eye on this.

I forgot to take a picture of Super Hash, which is the one planted in the ground and is still the quickest growing, the second set of leaves are growing everyday, hopefully 3rd set soon. Whereas the second set of leaves are very slow on the others.

Skunk Mass has been transplanted to a large 7 gallon container, I am hoping this won't stunt the growth / shock it too much but as it will be the 2nd largest plant i wanted a lot of root space for it to grow in.

Quick One (I)

20160813_133705_zpsjgixc1cb.jpg

Quick One (II)

20160813_133814_zpsecbpwsu2.jpg

Skunk Mass

20160813_133651_zpsotaobobp.jpg

I forgot to get a picture of Super Hash but I will get more pictures in a few days.

All the plants are currently 11 days from seed.

Just popped into the greenhouse, window wide open and temps are at 82 degrees dont want to bring them outside or have the door open as the dog goes in and messes about. Hopefully it won't get any warmer as it's 15.30 and the sun is lowering, hopefully keep some heat in for tonight. Temps dropped to 55 degrees last night.

This is the Super Hash, growing a lot better than the others but it is very early days, this plant could get up to 140cm high so really looking forward to how this comes on in the next couple weeks.

20160813_145810_zpsdx7vezqt.jpg

OK so at 3pm it got really sunny and all the clouds went so I got the Quick One (I) and (II) and Skunk Mass out in the sun for a few hours, going to put them in the greenhouse in a minute.

A question, when people talk about how old there plants are, are they talking days from seed or days from popping out the soil?

20160813_162859_zpsdaxitwqq.jpg

Last night temps dropped to 48f way too cold and im sure that is having an effect on growth as the plants look the same as a couple days ago. I now have a 1.25kw heater in the greenhouse which is ready to go on tonight, i will aim to get a night temp of around 68 - 72f.

OK so its day 14 from seed and tonight will be the third night that the heater has been on. Temps at night are now sitting at 75f instead of 48-55f that it was and growth has really come on a lot quicker. I will get some pictures in a couple hours and get them on. I am still waiting for my digital PH meter to come, hopefully tomorrow. The SKunk Mass plant that was transplatted into the 7 gallon pot looks really deformed, just start sprouting 2nd set of leaves whereas the others have just sprouted 3rd set. It loos healthy so hopefully it will be OK.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom