420 terms

cbgb

just want to make sure i got this right.

femanized seed - a regular seed that will be female w/ a veg period and flowering period.

auto flower- a seed that will be female and have no veg cycle (seed banks will give you a flowering time) does that mean from the time you planted the seed .

just want to make sure i got this right.

femanized seed - a regular seed that will be female w/ a veg period and flowering period.

auto flower- a seed that will be female and have no veg cycle (seed banks will give you a flowering time) does that mean from the time you planted the seed .

Hey cb, a fem seed is a photosynthesis seed that is highly likely to turn female (say 99% chance). Auto flower seeds are female that will start to flower on its own regardless of light cycle...hence the term 'auto'. They have a very short veg period of about 2/3 wks. Seed banks can only indicate a flower time because veg time is entirely up to the grower. Hope that helps...peace out.

hey P2, please tag along, we are in this together......soimg left a post confirming my thought ........see below

I'll throw my understanding out there.

Correct, a "feminized" seed will be female.

An "auto-flower" seed can be either male or female. They have some % of cannabis ruderalis in them, which is a type of cannabis that has a certain life-cycle and life-span. There are also feminized auto-flowers, which will have both these traits.

Photoperiod plants (regular) rely on different light schedules to stay in vegetative state (usually 18/6) and flowering state (usually 12/12). Many people grow autos under 18/6 so they can get a bit better of a yield from the additional light.

Back
Top Bottom