430 watt hps son agro ok for veg growth?

metalhearts

i have my youngins under a small fluorescent atm, they are 2 weeks old, would it be ok if i repot them into a 3 gallon and switch to the hps? its supposed to have more blue hue than regular 400 watt hps. also i have them under 24/0 on the fluorescent. heres a pick of what they look like.
IMG00046-20091106-2147.jpg

The HPS is red spectrum, MH is blue. It looks like they are ready to switch if you want. When you switch over has a lot to do with the strain and whether it stretches during flowering (some strains no stretch, others grow 4 or 5 x's in height), the size of your container, etc. Indoors, container size has a lot to do with the finishing height, so think ahead a little bit.

I have veg'd plants for several weeks, and I have also forced them to flower as soon as roots set, so it is up to you and what you are trying to do.

Just remember, the HPS is going to make more heat than the MH, and much more than the fluorescent, so keep a close eye on temps and make sure you don't need to adjust your air flow or circulation, etc.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom