435CFM fan to cool 600W HPS?

John Dope

Thank you for looking. I have a 600W HPS w/ 6" ends on the air cooled reflector for cooling in a 3' x 2.5' x 6' space. 45 cubic feet. I have a 435cfm fan hooked up to 6" ducting to cool the light and also a 171cfm fan rigged to 4" duct work to exhaust the room. Is my 435cfm fan to cool the 600W HPS w/ 6" reflector fittings overkill? Can I use a smaller fan to cool the light? Thanks again!

J.D.

PS: I have not yet cut any intake holes or even the exhaust holes. I don't want to rip into my box and then realize the hole was too big or too small. Know what I mean?

More then enough. U can put a charcoal filter in line with it for 1 or 2 air cooled hoods or cool tubes. I ran a 478 cfm like that for a few cycles.Then I down sized. That's a powerful rating 435CFM to use for a space like a small room or closet, tent especially. Mater of fact for a space that size u can use it as an all in one filter, cool lights, exhaust (if heat and humidity aren't an issue). Then add an oscillating fan for circulating air through ur plants foliage and ur good to go if that's ur only concern with ur setup. Good luck

I just added a 435 cfm fan to my room and the results are amazzing! My temps went from the mid 90's to 76 with the lights on. My grow space is similar to yours, 4 X 6 X 8. I also use it to vent the room too at the same time and my growth rate has gone from nothing to literally 2 - 3 inches every day. Am very happy with it and I think that it should do the same for you.
Good luck on it and keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom