4x4 dehumidifier

captaincronik

Hey all. Will be flowering in a 4x4 tent soon. I know i will need some help lowering humidity at some point..
Iv been looking at small dehumidifiers for inside the tent... wondering if anyone has any experience with this..
Know any good products.. what to stay away from etc..

Flower tent is not active yet. Will be by end of week..

But my veg tent can keep my rh 50 - 70 during lights on..
Its the lights out period im worried about.. iv seen it get as high as 80. Which will be un acceptable in mid to late flowering

Yes seems our set ups were similar. Exhaust outside with passsive vent in..
What dehumidifier did you end up with.
Also i live in ontario. Makes a diff in product availability..
Another problem is that I need one with a mechanical on and off switch so that I can plug it into my humidistat

What dehumidifier did you end up with.

I’m pretty sure I posted it at the end of that thread.

Yeah - here Comfort Aire 14L Portable Dehumidifier - ENERGY STAR® | The Home Depot Canada

Probably something similar available as I’m in Canada too. The important thing if you’re running it on a timer (just using it during lights-out) is having that power restart function I mention.

need one with a mechanical on and off switch so that I can plug it into my humidistat

Not sure if I understand this part. Pretty much all the dehumidifiers I’ve seen have humidistats built in. Also I’m not sure why you’d need the mechanical on/off switch - unless you’re talking about the ‘power restart’ issue?

Sure- well at least for the couple units I’ve had -you just program in the target RH and leave it at that. As far as it being left on all the time , if you read that thread you’ll see what I mean about the ‘power restart’ issue which was something I had to figure out along the way. Different units have different features, but at least for mine it retains that target in the system until told otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom