4x4, First DWC, Bubbleponics, Charlotte's Web Clones

Those are totally different things. The Postassium Silicate is good for stem strength, but has nothing to do with the res water. Hydroguard is a beneficial bacteria that colonizes the res and and fights of and overpowers any other bad bacteria or anything that finds itself in the water. Fairly unique thing. See here: Hydroguard®
The Postassium Silicate would be like their Silica Blast product or Armor Si from general hydroponics.

Be aware that if/when you mix the silica to add that to the plain water and mix it really really good first thing before adding any nutes to the water to prevent lockout issues.

Those are totally different things. The Postassium Silicate is good for stem strength, but has nothing to do with the res water. Hydroguard is a beneficial bacteria that colonizes the res and and fights of and overpowers any other bad bacteria or anything that finds itself in the water. Fairly unique thing. See here: Hydroguard®
The Postassium Silicate would be like their Silica Blast product or Armor Si from general hydroponics.

Be aware that if/when you mix the silica to add that to the plain water and mix it really really good first thing before adding any nutes to the water to prevent lockout issues.

Thank you for that tip!

Just dabbed some Tits OG shatter to bring down an end to the night. I can't wait for this grow to finish so I can press some rosin out of it and not have to get it from a dispensary!

ok, those are 2 TOTALLY different things. hopefully the guy at the store didn't give you the silicate as a substitute for hydroguard!

potassium silicate is a nutrient of sorts. It will help build stronger roots, but it's main function is to basically to strengthen cell walls....it puts 'concrete' in your stems, branches, and leaves making them a lot stronger, and also more resistant to pests (eg, leaf eating pests don't like 'hard to chew' leaves due to the silicate). I use silicate all through veg and the first 3 weeks of flower until all vertical growth stops. certain brands contain more silicate than others. I've used botanicare silica blast which was good, but have been using dyna-gro protekt which has a higher silica concentration....more bang for the buck. **silica is very alkaline, it will make your ph spike, so ph test after adding all nutes. always add first to your plain res water before adding any other nutes. If you must add it to a res already containing a nute solution, dilute the silica in water first before adding to the res. it will add to your ppm, but I use 2ml per gal of the protekt and it only adds 50-80ppm.

hydroguard is a beneficial bacteria. it is dwc success in a bottle. It contains a dominant bacteria culture that colonize your roots zone and basically kills off anything else that competes for food. They will help break down food for your roots and help nutrient uptake. I've run my rdwc system res as high as 77F (optimal should be 68F-70F) with no root rot issues...although the roots deffo like the res a bit colder. anything else in the bottle is inert liquid....nothing in this bottle will add to you ppm. If you are located in north America you can order off of Amazon. if in the UK, try Botanicare Hydroguard - One Stop Grow Shop Hydroponics

if you are going to do DWC, ppm and ph are very important. here are some useful reading and guides

beneficial bacteria
Some interesting reading on bennies in an rdwc system

ppm website - tells you which nutrient brands use what ppm scale
CF, EC, PPM 500, PPM 700, TDS… What’s the difference? | The Good Earth Organics Supply

All I do is hydroponics, mainly DWC, so if you have any questions just shout.
IslandGrower420:smokin:

sorry just read this post, didn't mean to be repetitive

ok, those are 2 TOTALLY different things. hopefully the guy at the store didn't give you the silicate as a substitute for hydroguard!

potassium silicate is a nutrient of sorts. It will help build stronger roots, but it's main function is to basically to strengthen cell walls....it puts 'concrete' in your stems, branches, and leaves making them a lot stronger, and also more resistant to pests (eg, leaf eating pests don't like 'hard to chew' leaves due to the silicate). I use silicate all through veg and the first 3 weeks of flower until all vertical growth stops. certain brands contain more silicate than others. I've used botanicare silica blast which was good, but have been using dyna-gro protekt which has a higher silica concentration....more bang for the buck. **silica is very alkaline, it will make your ph spike, so ph test after adding all nutes. always add first to your plain res water before adding any other nutes. If you must add it to a res already containing a nute solution, dilute the silica in water first before adding to the res. it will add to your ppm, but I use 2ml per gal of the protekt and it only adds 50-80ppm.

hydroguard is a beneficial bacteria. it is dwc success in a bottle. It contains a dominant bacteria culture that colonize your roots zone and basically kills off anything else that competes for food. They will help break down food for your roots and help nutrient uptake. I've run my rdwc system res as high as 77F (optimal should be 68F-70F) with no root rot issues...although the roots deffo like the res a bit colder. anything else in the bottle is inert liquid....nothing in this bottle will add to you ppm. If you are located in north America you can order off of Amazon. if in the UK, try Botanicare Hydroguard - One Stop Grow Shop Hydroponics

if you are going to do DWC, ppm and ph are very important. here are some useful reading and guides

beneficial bacteria
Some interesting reading on bennies in an rdwc system

ppm website - tells you which nutrient brands use what ppm scale
CF, EC, PPM 500, PPM 700, TDS… What’s the difference? | The Good Earth Organics Supply

All I do is hydroponics, mainly DWC, so if you have any questions just shout.
IslandGrower420:smokin:

Thanks @islandgrower420,

Thank a ton for all this. It will take me a bit of reading to disgust it all, but I’m sure I’ll have questions!

Moss

NICE! what kind of nutes did you get to try out? There is another expo in mid february in colorado, might try and make that trip. if not, I'm deffo going to a cannabis cup in CA in april. I'll head straight to the ocean grown tent for some seeds!

sorry about the previous long post, got a bit carried away!

NICE! what kind of nutes did you get to try out? There is another expo in mid february in colorado, might try and make that trip. if not, I'm deffo going to a cannabis cup in CA in april. I'll head straight to the ocean grown tent for some seeds!

sorry about the previous long post, got a bit carried away!

I will post some pics of what I got tomorrow.

As for the long post; that’s why I’m here to learn. Sativuuuh send the same thing, so it’s good to have a few more experienced DWC growers give me advice. Also sometimes hearing with a slightly different way helps to further understand it.

My clones came today!

Sorry for the odd tint, MH bulb makes it almost as bad as blurple.

Attachments

• 2B86A8B2-3E35-427A-B87B-CA84B98BFEEC.jpeg
    2B86A8B2-3E35-427A-B87B-CA84B98BFEEC.jpeg
    549.9 KB · Views: 55
  • E209AD61-59E8-4ECE-97B7-824E66F51531.jpeg
    E209AD61-59E8-4ECE-97B7-824E66F51531.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 4CA45E96-B45F-43E0-B526-7C7AD48C72F7.jpeg
    4CA45E96-B45F-43E0-B526-7C7AD48C72F7.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 394F6E87-FCE0-4E14-9488-06C6DE4CD9CC.jpeg
    394F6E87-FCE0-4E14-9488-06C6DE4CD9CC.jpeg
    590 KB · Views: 62
  • B6BFDFCC-0D90-43DA-813A-88E444EE321F.jpeg
    B6BFDFCC-0D90-43DA-813A-88E444EE321F.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 58
  • 257FEBE4-F585-43C6-A350-CAED8086C253.jpeg
    257FEBE4-F585-43C6-A350-CAED8086C253.jpeg
    445.1 KB · Views: 52
I just bought some Super Lemon Haze Sativa from a dispensary... such a beautiful smell, I’m excited to try it.

Strain review:

Super Lemon Haze
Bought at dispensary in Gibson’s BC
Smell: strong lemon, and subtle earthy minty under current.
Taste: minty earthy
High: creeper head High but not the energetic I had hoped. I would say the high was what a great indica would be but more heady.... like heady and mellow

I’d say a strong 8/10

I just picked some Sativa, another new strain I had never tired... Tangie Purple Amnesia.

Best Sativa I have ever smoked... this is the best “get shit done” weed I have ever had.

Just beautiful buds.. frost green and purple.

Attachments

• A0808FD4-BC7B-4E34-B6F6-A75840544342.jpeg
    A0808FD4-BC7B-4E34-B6F6-A75840544342.jpeg
    558.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 1FA8AF00-9526-441C-A300-2D8FA8C681E9.jpeg
    1FA8AF00-9526-441C-A300-2D8FA8C681E9.jpeg
    559.4 KB · Views: 57
Looking online at their feed schedule it has it during all weeks except for the flush. It appears to be pretty similar to the Z7 i'm using basically and you would want it in there during all phases to prevent bad stuff and any biologics from taking over. My roots seemed thankful for the enzymes.

I picked up some Sensizyme (*spelling?) but the bottle says to add to the reservoir during bloom. Should I be adding this before to head off root rot before it starts?

My res temps are a bit high 22.5'c / 72.5'f.
Where is your grow area located. Spare room, garage? I did not see where your water pump is located in the res or not either. Getting the temp down a few degrees may be something very simple as ambient environment. I got my temps dialed in for the area I have with minimal equipment. It just takes a couple good puffs and your imagination. Make your environment outside your tent work for you.

Peace!

Where is your grow area located. Spare room, garage? I did not see where your water pump is located in the res or not either. Getting the temp down a few degrees may be something very simple as ambient environment. I got my temps dialed in for the area I have with minimal equipment. It just takes a couple good puffs and your imagination. Make your environment outside your tent work for you.

Peace!

My tent is located in my garage, and my pumps are located in the ressy for top feed and out of the tent for air.

I only really need to get the temp in the ressy down a few degrees so I’m thinking of removing the little platform I have them on, and putting on the tent floor which is directly over concrete. My hope is that the concrete will act like a heat sink for my ressys.

Back
Top Bottom