First Ever Grow: DWC With Remo Nutes & Ethos Seeds

Out of curiosity, what wxactly do you guys do for nutes when you switch to 12/12? Do you keep veg nutes until a certain point? Do you start with a 50/50 mix right away? Or go full flower?

I never did a ton of research into how to transition.

I do much the same as Pennywise. I'll flip to 12/12 using veg nutes. 10-20 days later when I see first pistils I change to flower nutes and call that Day 1 of flower.

I feed grow until flowers appears then switch to bloom formula
I do much the same as Pennywise. I'll flip to 12/12 using veg nutes. 10-20 days later when I see first pistils I change to flower nutes and call that Day 1 of flower.
Alright good to know. That’s something I’ll change for next grow also. Probably killed some stretch with the flower nutes too early.

Another question. Should a person really even care where in the flowering cycle you are day wise or do experienced growers just play it by eye. Harvest is mainly visual. Other than knowing the day for the sake of it, is there an actual benefit?

Another question. Should a person really even care where in the flowering cycle you are day wise or do experienced growers just play it by eye. Harvest is mainly visual. Other than knowing the day for the sake of it, is there an actual benefit?
Milky terps with a slight amber .

Milky terps with a slight amber .
Yeah I get that. I have a pretty sound idea on harvest. Just wondering if keeping track of the day actually had some sort of benefit of knowledge. To me it just seems like pointless information lol. A general idea of weeks would be somewhat beneficial for which nutes to cut/run. And just an idea of when to full flush.

Sure helps me out when I grow the same lot of seeds a second or third time down the road.

Other than that not so much, but you can't have too much information to work with.

Looking pretty good smelling a little more. Almost had a coffee type smell or something
97785DD1-DBD3-48CA-9875-C3BBD205E42D.jpeg
D2A903A3-9658-4251-8480-E717A6ADB820.jpeg

Yeah that would be a nice aroma. I’m fine with the current smell but it’s only just beginning it could take a turn ina different direction. It’s looking pretty good tho. Some tops stretched. I’m close to 17” in height now. I did my trim now it’s time to just let it rock for the next few weeks.

I’ll keep up with my nutes as is for now. I’m thinking it’s week 2 right now. I started on the first and it probably threw a few pistils down below after the first week. Going on week 3. Just so I know when to cut certain nutes. Not experienced enough to know by eye when to cut down on what.

I think I’m going to put in an order for seeds. Gonna order from seed supreme in the uk. Solid prices compared to what I’ve found in North America and a big selection in stock.

Barney’s farm blueberry OG, barneys Farm gorilla zkittlez and bomb seeds Bubble Bomb. I’ll be set for a while after that. I think I’m going to grow 3 or 4. 4 will be a quicker veg to save space but I might mainline 3. Going to grow at least 1 of my ethos zweet inzanity.

I’ll probably keep the tote and use a pail for the 3rd. I’ll run 2 of the same in the tote and a different strain in the pail.

Starting to swell up and get frosty.

Attachments

• 5D59165A-A2BF-4B0F-8417-01D728A2A606.jpeg
    5D59165A-A2BF-4B0F-8417-01D728A2A606.jpeg
    596.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 65F33AB1-E5D1-4DA6-9173-11C84D5FC424.jpeg
    65F33AB1-E5D1-4DA6-9173-11C84D5FC424.jpeg
    648.2 KB · Views: 92
  • C5F9DEA2-5AAA-44F1-BDDC-CD13BE35243B.jpeg
    C5F9DEA2-5AAA-44F1-BDDC-CD13BE35243B.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 94
I am doing similar with 2 plants in a tote but with a scrog on a pipe frame. I think I lucked out a bit though in that the lid on mine looks a lot more flimsy and I was able to cut a little notch for air lines to run out and it's easy enough to bend/lift up the corner without disturbing the plants at all and look in and add or take out water.

One of these battery powered fluid pumps makes it pretty easy to change out water when you can't remove the lid due to the screen. I was thinking that I liked the tote and one bigger tank, but will go to a sturdier one like yours I think but figure out cutting in a square access door that flip up but then seal back down nicely.
fluidpump.jpg

I am doing similar with 2 plants in a tote but with a scrog on a pipe frame. I think I lucked out a bit though in that the lid on mine looks a lot more flimsy and I was able to cut a little notch for air lines to run out and it's easy enough to bend/lift up the corner without disturbing the plants at all and look in and add or take out water.

One of these battery powered fluid pumps makes it pretty easy to change out water when you can't remove the lid due to the screen. I was thinking that I liked the tote and one bigger tank, but will go to a sturdier one like yours I think but figure out cutting in a square access door that flip up but then seal back down nicely.
fluidpump.jpg

Yeah it’s not super sturdy but I couldn’t just flip up a corner. I’d have to do a hatch like yours but I feel like I’d need more room to maneuver.

I think the solution would be to attach the Scrog frame to the lid of the tent and then make spots on the corners to put a post into.

C1A84FB1-95FE-446A-B54C-8A493B91598B.jpeg

Something like this. Attach pvc around the edge of the top ring, then raise level up to the screen with pvc. On the corner elbows have a spot for a downpost then raise 2 sides up at a time. I just feel like it’s too much work. There. I don’t like the idea of not being able to lift up the lid and check the res. Ph will be a tough measure. Levels tough to check.

Maybe on my 3rd grow but next grow I’m going to mainline I figure.

Got the new fan. It’s oscilating and tall so I’m going to try only using this fan. Instead of one clip and one floor fan. It doesn’t blow under the canopy it basically starts where the leaves start. I think it’ll be fine. I like the oscilating function and the different fan speeds. Has 9 speeds so I can ramp it up for a bit then dial it back.

Attachments

• AEF8B9D1-319B-4DE2-803F-FF3A3111D6C8.jpeg
    AEF8B9D1-319B-4DE2-803F-FF3A3111D6C8.jpeg
    670.5 KB · Views: 92
Question for the tent growers, should I leave the tent open at times for more air movement or is it better to keep it closed with the negative pressure? Of course I’d only keep it open during lights on.

I like the negative pressure. With a couple fans inside. But I have to worry about the smells. If you don’t have to worry about that maybe u can keep it open with a couple fans.

Back
Top Bottom