5Gallon DWC - Fire Alien Urkel - Does this look normal to you?

anticlaus

Hello Masters and Mistresses of all things Hydro!

This is my first post so please be kind - I'll try to adhere to the format asked for in the "sticky".

First the details:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What Strain is it? Fire Alien Urkel
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Very Indica dominant
How Many Plants? 6
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Week 4 of vegative stage
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 68-71 F
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Hydroton (sp?) expanded clay
If Hydro, what type of Setup? 6 -5 gallon DWC buckets (no recirculation) with a 5 gallon fill bucket for topping off

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 3 cheap 600watt MH conversion bulbs
Height from canopy: about 20"
Is it Air Cooled? air cooled hoods with plenty of exhaust suction.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 79 high 68 low

RH of Room/Cabinet? 38 - 45%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5.7 swings to 6.1 before changing out Nutrients
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? GH Flora 6ml Micro + 12ml Bloom per Gallon
Square footage? 10'ish x 10'ish

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OK to the meat and potatoes:

First time DWC attempt. Everything is growing at EXPLOSIVE rates! I am still worried about their overall well-being.

1) I am seeing a few things I have never encountered before. Firstly and most strange to me is what I can only describe as a "pillowing" or "puffing" of some larger leaves (See first picture). Is this a sign of lack of oxygen or something else? I have the buckets bubbling at a serious boil and the nutrient temps seem acceptable.
Is this normal? I have scoured forums for similar issues. Is this normal? Maybe excessive transpiration? Are they under - fed?

2) Some of the mid-level Fan leaves have an edge that looks like it may be drying out or burned by heat or light. (See pic) I do have good temperature control going on ... an fans blowing across the canopy. This look like Heat, light or wind burn? Maybe something much worse?

Other than those two things - everything looks great - perky- green and fast! Please: if you could take a quick peek at these pictures and tell me what you think I would be forever in your debt! Thanks!

IF i have left any important info out - feel free to scream at me!

What is you room temp? Humidity? Is that the only fan in the room? Is the room A/C ? All of this comes in to play.

Hi! Thanks for respondin. / temp range is 79 high and 68 low (lights off).

Humidity is between 38-45 % at all times (so says my cheap meter).

Yes that's the only fan for the room aside from the 6" inline fan that pulls the heat off the lights.

usually when my leaves curl on the edges the temp is a bit to high. i like to keep my room about 73 lights on. at night it drops to about 68. Humidity about 55. Good luck with your grow.

Not positive, but it could be a genetic defect. This can slightly alter your yield in extreme cases and depending on how the defect affects photosynthesis. Generally, genetic defects are nothing to worry about though.

Not positive, but it could be a genetic defect. This can slightly alter your yield in extreme cases and depending on how the defect affects photosynthesis. Generally, genetic defects are nothing to worry about though.

There are some little signs the breed isn't 100% stable. Hmm.. I didn't think it would manifest in these types of ways.

So you don't think it is a lack or excess of anything right off the bat but more a genetic flaw?

So you don't think it is a lack or excess of anything right off the bat but more a genetic flaw?

They do look the slightest shade darker than normal, but that could be the lighting or maybe even strain dependent. Otherwise it would just be very high in nitrogen, but not necessarily at dangerous amounts. I can't find my camera right now or else I would post some pictures, but I have a mendo69 in veg right now that does this all the time and it's one of my best performers.

They do look the slightest shade darker than normal, but that could be the lighting or maybe even strain dependent. Otherwise it would just be very high in nitrogen, but not necessarily at dangerous amounts. I can't find my camera right now or else I would post some pictures, but I have a mendo69 in veg right now that does this all the time and it's one of my best performers.

You know how it is - things look great and you start hunting for problems! First time with this little system I built - always assume I'm messing it up somehow. Never grown this strain but I've seen the finished product of the mothers other babies and it was stellar. Def goes purple (urkel) and dark.

They seem to be doubling in size every 4-5 days....

Just wanted to know if there was a major flaw I was overlooking. Had never seen that strange quilting or puffing. Figured I was drowning them or some such crap. I guess just ride it out and flip to flower soon?

Thanks for the replies!

Hi Claus!
Please advise the progress of this grow. Was this a problem or just a bad case of the jitters? Been almost 8-weeks now you should have some nice buds right? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom