5x5 T5 1000w Soil Grow - Purple Caper Seeds - 5 Strains

QuaDub

Hey guys this is my third journal and I have a bit of experience under my belt but i am always willing to get better, so constructive criticism is more than welcome.

PURPLE CAPER SEEDS
I received this batch of seeds from Natural Herbal Pain Relief in San Jose, Ca and decided to go with PCS again because the percentage of strong successful plants on my last batch were extremely high. The grower focuses more emphasis on the fathers when breeding and i noticed a difference on the first batch. I wish i would have cloned the best to keep as a mother, but i didn't have the room for one yet so thats what i'm doing this time.
I had to put in a special order because the strains i wanted were not in stock, but i paid half up front and the other half when i came back to pick them up. I even got extra seeds in a few of the packs and he gave me 5 free Hash PC seeds to try.
IMG_25254.JPG

THE STRAINS:
-Chocolate Snow(chocolope cheese x Snow white)
-Snow Dream(Blue Dream x Snow White)
-Chocolate Fire(Firelady x Chocolate Kush)
-Yeti(purple Gorilla x Snow white)
-Hash PC(Moroccan hash plant x Purple Caper)
IMG_25246.JPG

THE SETUP:
-2'7"x4' with a 4ft 4bult T5 veg. room
-5x5 hydrohut with a 1000w for my flower room
- 2'7"x4' with a custom light for my mother (for later)
IMG_25197.jpg

IMG_25219.JPG

IMG_25156.jpg
IMG_25146.jpg
IMG_25139.jpg

THE NUTRIENTS:
-organicare nutrients
-neem based spray used regularly

THE PLAN:
-Germinate and start all seeds (46)
-clone all that make it
-Flower them
-kill the males
-fill my tent with the strongest remaining females
-harvest(keep each plants harvest separate to test the smoke and help in choosing the 1 mother)
-Flower the clones of the strong females except for the strongest which will be kept for my mother

I germinated the seeds a few days ago and have since then placed them in rooting cubes where i will transplant them into 1 gallon pots with a custom mix i make that is FFOF based.

I will have pics of the plants will come in a couple days as soon as they have sprouted.

Hey everyone!
UPDATE:
-Im at day 3 since planting the germinated seeds and more than 75% have sprouted already, there are still a few i can see pushing there way through the surface.
-Hash PC: 4 of 5 sprouted
-Choc. Snow: 1 sprouted, 6 more coming(out of 11)
-Yeti: 3 sprouted, 3 more coming(out of 10)
-Choc. Fire: 9 sprouted, 1 more coming(out of 10)
-Snow dream: 6 sprouted, 2 more coming(out of 10)
-They will stay in the dome for another day or 2.
- about a week after removing the dome i plan on transplanting them into 4in pots and will be eventually finishing them in 1 gallon pots.
IMG_25305.JPG
IMG_25347.JPG

Whats goody everyone,
Transplanted the seeds today, I ended up having 45 of 46 sprout!

They went into 4in pots with a FFOF blend and were watered.
IMG_25369.JPG
IMG_25485.JPG

Whats goody,were at day 5 from transplant.

3 of the strains got a little nute burn from the soil mix, but nothing too bad. I flushed each of them with a cup of water and they seem to be doing better.
IMG_25543.JPG

I moved all the plants into the closet set up to gauge temps for the tent with the 1000w in it. Im currently using a speed controller on my fan because it was too cold.
IMG_25626.jpg

I just recently put the plants back into the tent under the 1000w. Hoping to speed growth a little on this 1st round.
IMG_25707.JPG

Looking nice great job on the germ!

Hey QuaDub. Hows it goin? I'm really liking what I'm seeing in here. You obviously have some major coin invested in this setup, props. Its always nice to see organized setup such as yours. The strains you procured seem to be very unique. I'm stoked as I'm sure you are too to see which of them you will be keeping for the mother.

I'll be following along, checking in from time to time. Take it easy...:ganjamon:

Thanks for the support everyone!

Sorry i haven't gotten any photos up recently, my camera broke and i'm in the process of finding a new one and a way to get better pics under the 1000w.

I having a few issues and was hoping you guys could help me out.

Problem 1. I have 2 6 inch vortex fans, 1 for exhaust and 1 to cool the light, but im still having heat issues. My room is sitting right around 80 now give or take, but a few plants are starting to show signs of heat stress(a few leaves are starting to curl upward.) so i need to lower it asap.

Problem 2- My humidity is way too low, at around 28%. I put a plate of water in the tent to try and raise it a little but it didnt do much. is a hummidifier the only way to raise this?

Thanks for all your help, and i cant wait to get you guys some updated photos, they are growing like monsters now that they are under the 1000w

WHATS GOODY everybody,
just a quick one today:
Plants are showing tremendous progress!! They are beginning to work on their 3rd set of leaves and the YETI is already super DANK! not to the point of needing a carbon filter yet but i can tell i will need one towards the end of veg.
IMG_25897.JPG

yeti
IMG_25945.JPG

choc. snow
IMG_25939.JPG

choc fire
IMG_25919.JPG

snow dream
IMG_25907.JPG

Hash PC
IMG_259210.jpg

WHATS GOODY everybody,

-Im on day 25 from transplant and the plants are really starting to take off. The shortest are around 6 inches and the tallest are around 9 inches. I just started feeding them nutes from the organicare line and they are responding extremely well.
-I got a humidifier for my room to attempt and raise humidity in the tent but i have yet to see a difference. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
- before feeding today I lightly defoliated, i'm gunna try defoliation during flowering to see if the hype is true.

Here are some pics of the progress as of today.
IMG_26076.JPG
IMG_26089.jpg
IMG_26099.jpg
IMG_26107.jpg

Until next time,
Quadub

Whats Goody everybody,
I now have the plants at full strength on the nutes and they are taking it well. I will be cloning this weekend and will have plenty of photos to share. This will be my first time cloning so I am both excited and nervous. I have been lightly trimming the plants regularly but nothing crazy yet. I will be topping them for the first time when i take clones.

The tent is sitting at a constant 77 degrees F and i have been able to get the humidity up to about 40%.

Now for the Photos:
IMG_26185.JPG
IMG_26205.JPG
IMG_26217.JPG

I have been having multiple plants tip over when they need water and was wondering if anyone had any info on this? I was thinking i was just not have enough air blowing on them so the stems are weak? I was thinking about picking up another oscillating fan. Heres a pic of one right before feeding.

IMG_26177.jpg

Whats Goody everybody,
A lot of updates going on in this one so get ready.

1st- I finished my closet. For those of you just tuning in i built a 2 story setup in my closet, the top for my mothers and the bottom for clones and early veg.
IMG_26314.jpg

2nd- all plants were cloned, I used a blue cloning powder i got from a friend but i forgot the name of it. The process went very smoothly and i have 46 fresh clones working on some roots as we speak. I took the clones from the tops of the plants so i killed 2 birds with one stone and topped the plants as well.
IMG_26246.JPG

IMG_26228.JPG

3rd- I just transplanted all the plants into 2gal grow bags. I really just got these for the deal. I already spending a decent amount of $$ for start up so i figured i could upgrade to pots later. They were 3$ for 25 btw.
I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the plants transplanted yet so i will have those up within the next couple of days so stay tuned everyone!!!

4th- last but not least, to attempt with the weak stem issue i bought a 16 inch oscillating fan and it was a great decision. The plants are all moving slightly at all times and they are definitely

Thanks for looking,
Quadub

Whats goody everybody!!!

I have transplanted about two thirds of the plants, the rest of which i will be doing tonight. I ran out of room, so i will be sexting the Choc. fire plants in the closet and eventually moving the females into the tent.
IMG_26347.JPG

HERE ARE A FEW PICS OF THE FINISHED CLOSET
IMG_26376.jpg
IMG_26367.jpg

Whats goody everybody!

I started the 12/12 cycle on the 16th of december and am now in the process of sexing the plants and getting the males out.THe clones are in the closet and a few have already rooted. Here is where i am at so far...

Yeti
0-female
1-female
2-female
3-female
4-female
5-female
6-female
7-female
8-female
9-male

Snow Dream
0-
1-female
2-female
3-female
4-male
5-
6-female
7-
8-female
9-

Choc. Snow
0-
1-female
2-female
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-

Choc. Fire
0-
1-
2-female
3-
4-
5-female
6-
8-

Hash PC
0-
1-
2-
3-female
4-

Here are a few pics of the plants before and after i defoliated them a few days ago.
IMG_26387.JPG
IMG_26417.JPG

this is a pic of hte canapy right after i defoliated 3 days ago, and today
3 days ago:
IMG_26453.JPG

TODAY:
IMG_26496.JPG

Nice work dude!

Looks like they are bouncing right back after the trimming... I'm stoked for you. Your gonna have a good variety once harvest rolls around.

Nice work dude!

Looks like they are bouncing right back after the trimming... I'm stoked for you. Your gonna have a good variety once harvest rolls around.

Thanks dr. dread, this is my first attempt at such high defoliation so I too am surprised and excited! thanks for the support, and stay tuned. There should be some big updates after christmas!

WHATS GOODY EVERYBODY,

The plants were fed this morning and just in time, they hadn't started wilting yet but they were extremely dry.

-They are now 7 days into flower and many of the flowers are already building up.
IMG_17244.jpg

-All clones were transplanted 2 nights ago into 4 in square pots and today they were looking strong with no signs of shock.

Here is what the roots looked like when i finally transplanted them and a pic of there home for the next month and a half or so.
IMG_26565.jpg

IMG_26584.jpg

The canopy where it stands this morning as the light was heating up.
IMG_17238.jpg

The closet about a week ago right before i sexed the plants. I was running out of room so i had the tent and the top level of the closet full! then i had the clones in the bottom, it was definitely an idea of what the tent will look like once my mothers are in the mix. Luckily everything is sexed and i have been able to fit all 26 females in the tent.
IMG_26514.jpg
IMG_26526.jpg

Back
Top Bottom