6 months in Veg. Please help!

klondike

I started my grow on the 1st of Jan and six months in!!!!!! I'm still in veg!!!! I used bag seed ( I know, I know) But it is what it is. I have had yellowing of the leaves and at times some look even white in color. I've been using technaflora nutrients and going by their feeding chart as directed. I have been also adjusting my ph before added the nutes. I feed ( Nutes, water, water) twice a week. Once they plants got to about 18" i put them in the SCROG. This was at 4.5 months in. ugh, these plants suck!! I am using a mixture of Perlite, Vermiculite, and peat moss. I'm using Top Led Growlight. The room stays at about 79 to 81 degrees Fahrenheit. I stated with 22 Plants and I am down to 3. No pests that i know of. Can anyone give me some advise on what may be going on?? I'm going to try and get some pics up asap. i guess i should go and look that up lol

Re: I'm sure I have a problem and i'm not sure anything will really help.

IMG_29553.jpg
IMG_29586.jpg
IMG_29578.jpg
IMG_29563.jpg
IMG_29594.jpg
IMG_29607.jpg
IMG_29626.jpg
IMG_26758.JPG
IMG_28894.JPG

Looks like multiple deficiencies. Flush with PH balanced water, twice as much water as the size of pot they are in. Wait about 24 hours then mix up your nutrients, then PH adjust the nutrient water and then feed your plants. Start at 1/2 strength nutrient level. On your next feeding go to 3/4 or full strength nutrients.

Adjust the PH after adding the nutrients to your water.

Looks like multiple deficiencies. Flush with PH balanced water, twice as much water as the size of pot they are in. Wait about 24 hours then mix up your nutrients, then PH adjust the nutrient water and then feed your plants. Start at 1/2 strength nutrient level. On your next feeding go to 3/4 or full strength nutrients.

Adjust the PH after adding the nutrients to your water.

Would adjusting the ph before cause these issues?

Well I removed them from the SCROG, what a pain what was, kinda lol. They have been flushed again. Lets see if we can get them back in shape.

looks like the scrog screen was just something they're were growing through, it was just in the way, you didn't have them trained/intwinned along it to make it an actual scrog, so that won't make any difference at least :Namaste:

Would adjusting the ph before cause these issues?

Yes, most nutrient lines are acidic to some extent and adjusting the PH of your water and then adding the nutrients will further lower the PH of the mixture causing nutrient lockout.

Nutrient_Availability_Chart_For_Soiless.gif

Nutrient_Availability_Chart_For_Soil.gif

Nutrient_Availability_Chart3.jpg

There are 3 nutrient uptake charts to look through not sure which would be easier for you to see or which would apply to your situation, as you have not indicated weather you are growing in soil or soil-less.

You may use nutrients every time you water them, at least I do, I grow in soil-less. Also when you water your plants water them slowly and thoroughly so all the medium is wet and water starts to run out the bottom of the pots. Then do not water again till the medium is almost completely dry, this will make the roots grow to look for moisture and the next time you feed the larger root mass will feed the above ground part of your plant and it will grow faster.

Yes, most nutrient lines are acidic to some extent and adjusting the PH of your water and then adding the nutrients will further lower the PH of the mixture causing nutrient lockout.

Nutrient_Availability_Chart_For_Soiless.gif

Nutrient_Availability_Chart_For_Soil.gif

Nutrient_Availability_Chart3.jpg

There are 3 nutrient uptake charts to look through not sure which would be easier for you to see or which would apply to your situation, as you have not indicated weather you are growing in soil or soil-less.

You may use nutrients every time you water them, at least I do, I grow in soil-less. Also when you water your plants water them slowly and thoroughly so all the medium is wet and water starts to run out the bottom of the pots. Then do not water again till the medium is almost completely dry, this will make the roots grow to look for moisture and the next time you feed the larger root mass will feed the above ground part of your plant and it will grow faster.

AHHHHH OK!!! I am using soil-less, so what I am understanding is since my PH was at a steady 6.5 it was locking out the nutrients since day one. This caused my girls to grow slow and have all the deficiencies. I have the 3 rd chart and I cant believe I didnt pay more attention to the chart. Thank you sir!! I hope they can make a turn around.

looks like the scrog screen was just something they're were growing through, it was just in the way, you didn't have them trained/intwinned along it to make it an actual scrog, so that won't make any difference at least :Namaste:

I'm not sure what you mean by intwinned? Every grow journal using a scrog that I can remember just had them growing through and then placing the new tops in new screen holes and as they grow they would move them as they filled in. Hmmm maybe I need to take another look into it.

When you adjust the water to 6.5 and then add the nutrients, your mixture will end up with a PH of probably 5.5 or something about there which was causing your lock out of nutrients.

That's what I was doing. The charts show I should be at 5.8 with soil-less. I'll try that and see what happens.

Come on back to the Mountain if you still need help. You can also PM me. I can give you some common sense help, you have a couple of issues that you need to address. I would be happy to help you out. Best of luck!

Ok so after doing some pruning and a flush with ph adjusted water and a watering with nutes and the ph balanced at 5.8, the girls are doing well in there recovery
IMG_29711.jpg
IMG_29683.JPG
IMG_29673.JPG
. Lets see how the next few days go.

Glad you got those back to life. No offense but 6 months in veg is quite long for the size of those girls. Can you explain your process? Im wondering if this is a stress issue. I had a few I think I transplanted too much and stunted the growth a lot. Maybe its the genetics of your strain?

Back
Top Bottom