A first post, a new grow setup and a couple of questions

Badwolf507

Greetings all!

I'm Bad-wolf, been lurking for the last few days and finally decided to join. From the journals I was reading it seemed that everyone is really nice and knowledgeable.

So I guess Ill start with a fast back ground and then my questions.

Ive been legal since '09 and my partner since '10 (just think I should state that at some point).

I bought a grow tent 2x4, a small ebb and flow and a of course a carbon filter and fan.
I still need a 2x2 tent for the mothers. The room is only 63 inches by 63 inches, but it was a laundry room at one point and has an exhaust port that dumps out the top of the roof of the apartment building (also I'm on the top floor).

But my main question is about lighting and I really hope someone can help me out here.

I went to my local hydroponics grow shop, they helped me alot but they set me up with a few things that I cant use. The room is very small as I said, and the 600w cooled HPS is sooooo loud. The grow room shares a wall with the common area of the apt, and even though I am legal, I worry about the apt company and my annoying neighbors. I could hear the 6" Tornado fan at the front door of the building.

So here is what I was thinking and this is where I need the input.
I saw a few grow journals where people used LED lights and also Plasma lights.

I was thinking of going either with 2 135W LED Blackstar lights and a pro grow 50 (plasma), or just a pro grow 260.

Here is a photo of my set up as it sits right now (I apologize for the quality), I'm still not fully set up, between school and work Im just not able to get on it as fast as I would like, but I would like to be either fully set up or just waiting on delivery by the end of the weekend.

I plan on growing two strains, a Sativa blend for my anxiety and an Indica for my partner's insomnia/night terrors.

I look forward to growing and the community as a whole.

IMG_20130313_221047.jpg

My 2 cents worth. I am using Advanced Diamond Series 300 x 2. Have 2 grows with them, couldn`t be happier with them. Started #3 a week ago. Using them to cover an area of about 3.5' x 6'. The cooling fans on the lights sound like computer fans. Quiet. My exhaust fan makes much more noise. I say use LED`s. Upfront cost =longevity and less power consumed=lower electric bills. Hope it helps.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

Thanks guys.

So here is where I ended up.

A UFO LED grow light for flowering and a CFL for vegging.
Here's my set up as she sits.
A 2x2 gorilla tent for flowering.
image1125.jpg

And a 2x4 for flowering.
image1124.jpg

I think I'm ready for my first grow.

Greetings all!

I'm Bad-wolf, been lurking for the last few days and finally decided to join. From the journals I was reading it seemed that everyone is really nice and knowledgeable.

So I guess Ill start with a fast back ground and then my questions.

Ive been legal since '09 and my partner since '10 (just think I should state that at some point).

I bought a grow tent 2x4, a small ebb and flow and a of course a carbon filter and fan.
I still need a 2x2 tent for the mothers. The room is only 63 inches by 63 inches, but it was a laundry room at one point and has an exhaust port that dumps out the top of the roof of the apartment building (also I'm on the top floor).

But my main question is about lighting and I really hope someone can help me out here.

I went to my local hydroponics grow shop, they helped me alot but they set me up with a few things that I cant use. The room is very small as I said, and the 600w cooled HPS is sooooo loud. The grow room shares a wall with the common area of the apt, and even though I am legal, I worry about the apt company and my annoying neighbors. I could hear the 6" Tornado fan at the front door of the building.

So here is what I was thinking and this is where I need the input.
I saw a few grow journals where people used LED lights and also Plasma lights.

I was thinking of going either with 2 135W LED Blackstar lights and a pro grow 50 (plasma), or just a pro grow 260.

Here is a photo of my set up as it sits right now (I apologize for the quality), I'm still not fully set up, between school and work Im just not able to get on it as fast as I would like, but I would like to be either fully set up or just waiting on delivery by the end of the weekend.

I plan on growing two strains, a Sativa blend for my anxiety and an Indica for my partner's insomnia/night terrors.

I look forward to growing and the community as a whole.

IMG_20130313_221047.jpg

Welcome to the site bro, there is another couple of alternatives; induction, and plasma lighting. It sounds like they may have the qualities you're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom