A Little Proselytizing

DrDave1956

I started growing about 2.5 years ago indoors inside a 3x3 tent. Using a 50/50 mix of properly buffered Peat and Vermiculite, I chose GH's Flora Series and PK boosters, hoping to harvest 1 pound of top-shelf weed from one seed (don't laugh, I'm serious). During my first grow, I began upgrading my LED's and chose a Mars Hydro TSW2000 by early flower.

The first harvest turned into 4 ozs of decent mids. Then I moved into a 5 and then a 7 gallon cloth pot while continuing to mix, measure, meter and pour. Mix the appropriate nute recipe for each stage of life and then measure the shit out of it and don't forget to meter the runoff as well. Took me about an hour or more each day and all I raised were mids.

Plants are classified as "autotrophs" because they can feed themselves with the nutes already present in soil and the process of photosynthesis. So why the heck did I take on the role of Waiter, Chef and BusBoy?

Organics/living soil began to intrigue me last year simply because I started adding bacteria and myco to to my peat and Vermiculite mix and noticed good things happening to the size and quality of the buds I was growing.

Now, I'm in a 10 gallon pot of CoM's Stonington grower's mix, which is basically lobster compost, castings, bone meal, the only endo-mychorizal that pairs with cannabis plus a host of other nutes our plants need.

I'm now staring at what I hope will be a pound of top-shelf Skywalker OG that has 4-5 weeks to go and all I do is water and occasionally top dress. I'm not a slave to the plant...she's always green and perfect under my new MH TSW3000, or what I believe is the best 3x3 LED available.

All I ask is that you consider my story as you continue to mix, measure, pour, meter and pray. Consider moving to a good living soil like Stonington or build your own and use organic ammendments. You'll be thrilled with the results.

20230815_093810.jpg

20230815_093801.jpg

I started growing about 2.5 years ago indoors inside a 3x3 tent. Using a 50/50 mix of properly buffered Peat and Vermiculite, I chose GH's Flora Series and PK boosters, hoping to harvest 1 pound of top-shelf weed from one seed (don't laugh, I'm serious). During my first grow, I began upgrading my LED's and chose a Mars Hydro TSW2000 by early flower.

The first harvest turned into 4 ozs of decent mids. Then I moved into a 5 and then a 7 gallon cloth pot while continuing to mix, measure, meter and pour. Mix the approptiate nute recipe for each stage of life and then measure the shit out of it and don't forget to meter the runoff as well. Took me about an hour or more each day and all I raised were mids.

Plants are classified as "autotrophs" because they can feed themselves with the nutes already present in soil and the process of photosynthesis. So why the heck did I take on the role of Waiter, Chef and BusBoy?

Organics/living soil began to intrigue me last year simply because I started adding bacteria and myco to to my peat and Vermiculite mix and noticed good things happening to the size and quality of the buds I was growing.

Now, I'm in a 10 gallon pot of CoM's Stonington grower's mix, which is basically lobster compost, castings, bone meal, the only endo-mychorizal that pairs with cannabis plus a host of other nutes our plants need.

I'm now staring at what I hope will be a pound of top-shelf Skywalker OG that has 4-5 weeks to go and all I do is water and occasionally top dress. I'm not a slave to the plant...she's always green and perfect under my new MH TSW3000, or what I believe is he best 3x3 LED available.

All I ask is that you consider my story as you continue to mix, measure, pour, meter and pray. Consider moving to a good living soil like Stonington or build your own and use organic ammendments. You'll be thrilled with the results.

20230815_093810.jpg

20230815_093801.jpg

I found that 10 gallons was the bare minimum pot size I could use with the Stonington blend that didn’t require a magnesium supplement.

I had two good grows with the Coast of Maine product line in 3 gallon containers. I used bagseed and it produced the best cannabis I’ve ever smoked.

It lead me down the path I’m on now where I created my own super soil and am using four 10 gallon containers.. I still use the CoM fish bone meal regularly.. that stuff is great and the plants love it. I have their Stonington blend plant food which I use in layers or spikes and the plants love that too.

I’m about to try to pull off four 10 gallons underneath a LED meant to flower a 5x5 area.. it’s gonna take some training but I believe I’ll be able to do it and am hoping to bring in a couple pounds of top shelf.

I found that 10 gallons was the bare minimum pot size I could use with the Stonington blend that didn’t require a magnesium supplement.

I had two good grows with the Coast of Maine product line in 3 gallon containers. I used bagseed and it produced the best cannabis I’ve ever smoked.

It lead me down the path I’m on now where I created my own super soil and am using four 10 gallon containers.. I still use the CoM fish bone meal regularly.. that stuff is great and the plants love it. I have their Stonington blend plant food which I use in layers or spikes and the plants love that too.

I’m about to try to pull off four 10 gallons underneath a LED meant to flower a 5x5 area.. it’s gonna take some training but I believe I’ll be able to do it and am hoping to bring in a couple pounds of top shelf.
Keffka, thank you for that info about a magnesium limit in Stonington...very interesting and good luck with your new project. Hoping you get at least 4 pounds or more!

The first harvest turned into 4 ozs of decent mids. Then I moved into a 5 and then a 7 gallon cloth pot while continuing to mix, measure, meter and pour. Mix the appropriate nute recipe for each stage of life and then measure the shit out of it and don't forget to meter the runoff as well. Took me about an hour or more each day and all I raised were mids.

I'm now staring at what I hope will be a pound of top-shelf Skywalker OG that has 4-5 weeks to go and all I do is water and occasionally top dress. I'm not a slave to the plant...she's always green and perfect under my new MH TSW3000, or what I believe is the best 3x3 LED available.

20230815_093810.jpg

20230815_093801.jpg
I’m running the same MH lights and I love them!

Back
Top Bottom