A question for the No Flushes before harvest

ATHF

Hi growers , after harvesting a plant and then dry what amount of cure time is acceptable and ideal for when you smoke it. I have always flushed with ro water ph'd from 8-14 days before harvest and would wait about 10 days after to try a bit it got me stoned but had that very obvious and expected just cut from the plant taste about it, i find about 2 months after harvest and on wards it smokes well and so was wondering about "not flushing" what have growers noticed when smoking it does the cure require more time or theres no difference? I have noticed that different flowers on the same plant after its cured can give a different smoking experience anywhere from super smooth to slight harsh.

I don’t flush plants, I grow in soil both indoors and outdoors, and even in organic grows it has been my experience that the curing process, the longer and slower it’s done, effects taste most dramatically. I have found that Longer and slower curing equates to a more mellow smoke. Different buds can have more or less trichs and leaves (green), which could account for taste/harshness differences. I also find, the tighter the trim, the better the smoke. Just my totally anecdotal observations.

Hi Phytoplankton, I haven't grown in soil i would like too but i cannot it would take a lot of new effort for me.

I also find, the tighter the trim, the better the smoke. Just my totally anecdotal observations.
I'm lazy i just pic off bits with fingers and in the cone.

My current grow i won't flush its interesting for me to compare with my previous grows to what i have growing now with that extra 8-14 days of feeding it should make a difference.

this is an ongoing subject andhas been going on for years ---- If you think about flushing using just water for two week consider you are "starving" your plants (let you go two weeks without food) many state that if you use chemical nutrients - flush for two week and organic flush for 1 week. Have done both and found for me ; depending on nutrients used 1 week works for me. how much do you flush ? used to be flush 3x's your container size, meaning that a 5 gallon container you will need 15 gallons of water over a 2 week period - too much water myself I use "Fish Shit" (fish shit.com) in the last week/s of flushing. IN flushing you are sub-post to remove all extra "salts" not used by the plant Have also heard the those "flushing agents" are a waste of money When I used to flush - nothing but water_ for two weeks the plants look very un-healthy Fulshing and Darkness times beforw harvest will always be debated - ther is good info on both "ways"

Organically grown plants give you the best buds that you can get... organic growing never allows the plants to starve for even a moment, and there is never a need to flush the soil of built up salts or nutes. Yet, without starving the plants and without flushing the soil with 3x the container size of water, in one watering session, the smoke ends up being superior to any other growing method, with a proper cure of course.

There is no logical sense in starving your plants at the end, especially in the last two weeks when the buds are growing faster than they ever have. During this period of time, the plant actually needs more nutes than ever before and starving them will negatively affect your yield and quality. If you interpret the word flush as starving the plants at the end, you are following advice from the 1960's and advice that has been debunked in modern times by comparing to organic grows.

The real definition of a flush is to move 3x the container size of fresh water through the soil, in one session, to clear the soil of all salts and leftover nutes. This is only done in synthetic nutrient grows, where salts tend to build up as the nutes are used. The best time to do this soil cleanup flush is at the beginning of week 6, just as the plants are entering the final phase of bud swell, so as to clear the pipes and allow the plant full uptake of water and nutes in that last two weeks.

@safeman, congratulations! You have come up with a third explanation of flushing that I have never heard before. You say to apply that 3x the container size of water, spread out over a 2 week period... so essentially you are starving the plants at the end, and forcing water on them. I can imagine a whole lot of runoff during that two weeks, but I can't see how this would help the plants at all. After all, you have noticed that your plants looked sick when given fresh water without your fish shit for that two weeks. So you have ended up with yet another hybrid method of flushing, with a little bit of nutes that you are not considering to be nutes, because you are flushing, not feeding. Very interesting... and no wonder this subject continues to be debated.

Thanks safeman & Emilya once i finish my current grow i'll follow up back here with result.
Organicly is best way - one might get small yields vs chemicals -- but when it all comes down to personal health oganice growing one has comtrol over what you are going to Inhale !!!! and whe oe reaches 80 + years ; edibiles would be the ticket Keep us informed please - if you have an issue let us know !!!!! Peace

Back
Top Bottom