A top nutrient study - Which is the best? Produces most?

Ive got the whole ej nute line except meta-k. Ill be going legal in a few months growing 48 plants. I currently use a high brix kit made by someone on this site but have decided to give the ej a shot. Ill set a few plants aside to do a comparison between ej and my high brix kit to see which one gives the best brix numbers.

I used fox farm along time ago. I had good results. I just watered on a light nute formulation. I now use house and gardens full line minus the amino treatment. I use dyna gro pro tekt instead of amino treatment

This is great, thank you very much for putting this together.

I was in my local garden store and found the neptune line. I bought a small bottle of fish fertilizer. I wonder if it's to late for me to switch from fox farms to neptunes? The more I read, the soil I have, and my desire to grow organic, is not compatible with fox farms nutes.

Anyone have any feelings on this?

In an organic grow youre trying to keep the soil happy with nutrients which in turn keep the plant happy :)
Microbes, minerals and magic :)

This is what I'm looking for, happy, working soil. Microbes, minerals, and magic -- well put. So, question is,,Is fox farms nutes the choice for me?

If you want happy working soil that's organic you may want to look into the docs high brix. doc, graytail and others have produced some amazing product off that. I personally do not but plan on giving it a go

Yeah, I have a lot of reading to do. But it's got my interest. I use a lot of organics in my regular garden. Our, I try and garden organically as much as possible. Given location restraints and shit. And I've always been a big fan of fish based fertilizers. Thanks, this is great info

I think there is far too much reliance on nutes these days and less on the basics that can also provide equally impressive results. I use the bare minimum of nutes I can get away with and try to avoid regimented feedings. Kelp Extract and good ol Fish Emulsion are my two primary choices along with Plantation brand BlackStrap Molasses during flowering. Applied "as needed" based on individual plant appearance and behavior.

I figured when I started growing that I get huge great tasting tomatoes and peppers using the same approach, so why not Cannabis? Why not is right! ;)

I take all the money I save by not buying all those expensive nutes and put it towards things like Air Pots! I have seen what those have done for some of my growing buddies here, so this is where I prefer to invest my $$ for crop improvement. ;)

Works for me! :thumb:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I just switched to a 1 part powder for whole grow... excellent results so far, better than i have ever done with all the big name stuff i was using...

FINAL EARTH JUICE SCHEDULE:

----------Cat-----------Micro---------Grow---------Bloom--------Hi-Brix--------Hygrozyme

1veg------5ml----------5ml------------5ml
2veg------5ml---------5ml------------5ml
3veg------5ml---------5ml-------------5ml----------------------5ml-------------2.5ml
4veg------7.5ml--------5ml------------7.5ml----------------------5ml-------------2.5ml
5flwr------10ml---------5ml------------7.5ml---------5ml-----------5ml-------------2.5ml
6flwr------10ml---------5ml------------10ml--------10ml-----------5ml-------------5.0ml
7flwr------10ml---------5ml------------10ml--------10ml-----------10ml------------5.0ml
8flwr------5.0ml--------5ml------------10ml---------15ml----------10ml------------7.5 ml
9flwr------5.0ml--------5ml------------10+ml--------20ml----------10ml------------5ml
10flwr------------------5ml------------10+ml------20-25ml---------10ml------------2.5ml
11flwr------------------5ml------------------------20ml------------10ml
12flwr-------------FLUSH

Hi-Brix (0-0-3) is made by Earth Juice. It is similar to Black-strap Molasses but contains more plant appropriate amino acids and plant extracts. I love the stuff. This cycle works excellent for me. These days I still use Pro-mix or Sunshine mix #4 for my medium. I add very few nutrients to the soil itself. I'll put a small hand full of worm castings in each 5 gallon pot and some Dolomite. I also add mycorrhiza to the soil at the transplant from 1 to 5 gallon pots. It is included already in the soiless mix however I find benefits from adding it non the less. Remember my schedules are only starting points. Your water supply alone could change results drastically. Earth juice specifically is notoriously poor at blending with RO filtered water. It tends to prefer harder water. I simply leave my tap water out for a few days and try to bubble air through it for 24 hours prior to mixing anything. I also pre-mix my grow separately and then add it to the solution - it can be fairly solid sometimes and needs some extra shaking up. The addition of Hi-Brix has been fantastic. Microbial life with this schedule does exceptional and the Hi-brix really helps feed the root zone. You'll notice that my overall application of the primary E.J. nutes was diminished with the addition of Hygrozyme. I think any isolated enzyme product would do.

As far as prices are concerned, I thought the results were interesting. FoxFarm for example is simply not as cheap as every one thinks. With the addition of the solubles it becomes more expensive than the majority of organics. Bio-Canna is expensive! - but the stuff is unique and effective. I also remember Advanced Nutrients being quite pricey but I'll refrain from calling them out until I do the math. I also thought it's interesting that blending Marine nutes with Earth Juice created a real cheap application. Knowing what your feeding your plants not only helps in predictability and successful harvests but can save you money also.

Are those measurement per gal

I know this is pushing 5 years old, and after reading every post in it (took 2 days, lol) I think I gather this was a copy/paste from another site. I don't care, it was a magnificent read and helped me greatly. Thanks to the one, two, or ten poeple (lol) that assembled this, it is great.

Kudos to a great, thoughtful and comprehensive Blog. Would like to have seen a little more about the actual media. You refer to soil-less as being "soil" on numerous occasions. A little confused. Been told by many that soil-less (specifically coco or peat with pearlite) are NOT conductive to using organics. I guess you proved them wrong.

Back
Top Bottom