A travesty mates, a travesty!

ACGrow-Brain

Rose and all my other bubble heads, I have terrible news. I checked in on grow that my friend was keeping watch over for me since I was unavailable the last 5 weeks of flowering. Anyways, When I lifted the lid of the res I noticed these dingy little gnats come out, and I said OH SHITT!!!!!!!!! you know what happend next, I checked the PH of the water at his place and it was lik 6.6, and he had over fertilized and the tips of large fans leaves showed nute burn. Anyways the strain is Master Kush, and when I think of master kush, fluffy and "airy" nugs dont come to mind, but these ladies have been in flower about 10 weeks and the buds are fluffy and not compact and the plants seem like they could use an extra couple pounds if you know what I mean.

Well I can't MAKE a plant gain weight, but I was just wondering what you guys think the reason for my fluffy and not compacted buds is.

Re: A travesty mates, a travesty!!!!!!

What lights are you using ?

2 400 watt HPS, The lights are just fine and the bulbs are clean, the humidity is optimal, the air is circulating and I tried using Predatory Nematodes for the Gnat infection, but they have only gotten worse, and its definitely time for Rosemans 8 steps to a better healthier and loving plant.

I seriously think its the Gnats, and if I can clear em out, do you guys think I will be able to put extra weight on them ladies so late in flower? The buds arent mature yet btw

Light pollution can cause airy buds. That would be light leaks during lights out.

Heat shock is the normal reason though.

Pulled from an old Ask Ed article:
Your buds are not firming up and growing into dense nuggets because they are experiencing heat shock. There are two reasons why. First, you are cooling the room but not specifically the growing area. While the ambient temperature in the room as a whole might be in the mid-70?s, the grow space where the heat emanates from might be considerably warmer. To find out place a thermometer at canopy level inside the garden. The goal is to keep this area cool. The temperature in the aisles or outside the grow area doesn?t matter.

Another reason that the plants are exposed to heat stress is the lamps. They don?t seem to be enclosed air-cooled units. Place your hand at canopy level and let the light pass over it. You will experience a heat wave until the light passes by. This is happening to the plants every 45 seconds. An air-cooled lamp will prevent the heat surges. Aim your air-cooling efforts at the garden area of your room so that ambient temperature in the garden section remains in the low 70?s. Your plants will respond by growing big fat plump buds

Well I have been playing with the lights a bit during the flowering stage, so im just gonna have to toss it up to me just being daft. Anyways, do you guys think if I let em mature fully and then go another week with the lights closer they will pack on weight?

With proper feedings and proper lights, there is no reason they won't that I can see. Maybe you ought to experiment with some kind of Bloom supplement???

and those bugs in the water can be a worry, but they won't eat much! LOL

Well I have been playing with the lights a bit during the flowering stage, so im just gonna have to toss it up to me just being daft. Anyways, do you guys think if I let em mature fully and then go another week with the lights closer they will pack on weight?

Have you taken a look at the trichomes yet ? Seen what color they are ?

They will continue to change, and turn more amber. Giving you a more and more narcotic, couchlock type high.

To be honest, I would harvest when they are ready, not by weight. Harvest based on trichome color and the high you are after. If this time your buds are a little too fluffy, then you know to make changes next time. You will always be learning as you continue to grow.

That's my humble opinion. I would not keep ripe buds on the wine for too many weeks.

Well the trichs are not quite 1/3 amber yet, but they will be in about a week or two, but i may even let it go another week after that to swell

Aw, you'll be fine I think then! I was just throwing out another option to consider. Good luck with the rest of the grow and harvest! And be sure to post back on results. :peace:

Well I checked em out today after lowerin the lights from about 2-3 ft away from the tops to 1- 1.5 ft away from the tops and added another fan pointed right at/underneath the bulbs for extra ventilation. The buds seem to be filling out even more and producing more resin after only 3 days. I will get some pics put up after I get some trimming done, thanks for the input RP. Every opinion matters!

Have you taken a look at the trichomes yet ? Seen what color they are ?

They will continue to change, and turn more amber. Giving you a more and more narcotic, couchlock type high.

To be honest, I would harvest when they are ready, not by weight. Harvest based on trichome color and the high you are after. If this time your buds are a little too fluffy, then you know to make changes next time. You will always be learning as you continue to grow.

That's my humble opinion. I would not keep ripe buds on the wine for too many weeks.

Very good advice RP, very good advice!

Oh yea, and roseman, I did another feeding today after cleaning the tank, and they still have about 2 weeks left at most Im thinking. But what I'm saying is that with the feeding I added a bit of Nitrogen heavy Dutch master grow nutrients along with the bloom nutes.

I hope for great results sir

I will also be hoping for great results for you! Goodluck.

Very good advice RP, very good advice!

Thank you Roseman.

Back
Top Bottom