Good tight budz

Well, I also have a wife and kids. Besides living in suburbia hell now. If I was still in southern California, or even South Carolina, that would be an option. I grew in my back yard there a few times. Getting busted is not an option for me. Even though I grow only for medicinal use.

Like I said, if you have native seeds, they will grow on their own with little to no maintenance. Native seeds are already genetically predisposed to soil, light and temperature. These pure strains make outdoor cultivation easy and semi-consistent.

Doing this in the U.S. is only possible in a few areas where some strains are still pure, or have been bred from native plants, such as northern California and Washington state.

Planting outdoors with various strains with unknown genetic traits can be a disaster. Indoors you can control everything. So with todays seed availability, and for stealth, indoors is definitely better in my opinion.

But in other countries and other parts of the U.S. the pheno's are so tight to the region, from being bred year after year, the yield and potency can be amazing. Of course I have seen warehouses with 30' ceilings get plants up to 8 feet indoors in soil in California.

But the whole point was that outdoor light, humidity and temperature, with the proper strain, will almost certainly have better traits then the same strain indoors. In "Better traits, I include chemical content, metal content (I am allergic to base metals) taste, potency, aroma, and all that stuff.

I am by no means an expert on any of this stuff. But genetic traits of human, animals and plants are more of less the same. They adapt to their environment. If you plant Ice Queen outdoors in Southern California, chances are you will fail. Plant it in Canada, you may have a beautiful plant. But if it could be planted where the original strain came from, it would be more amazing then it already is.

Peace :) I give up, too much typing :-0

POT! The only thing that accutually unites the whole world from dallas, to downunder, you guys are amazing, my cinapsis thank you all (slowly raisies nerve endings in appriciation)but dont let me stop you keep going.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, I also have a wife and kids. Besides living in suburbia hell now. If I was still in southern California, or even South Carolina, that would be an option. I grew in my back yard there a few times. Getting busted is not an option for me. Even though I grow only for medicinal use.

Like I said, if you have native seeds, they will grow on their own with little to no maintenance. Native seeds are already genetically predisposed to soil, light and temperature. These pure strains make outdoor cultivation easy and semi-consistent.

Doing this in the U.S. is only possible in a few areas where some strains are still pure, or have been bred from native plants, such as northern California and Washington state.

Planting outdoors with various strains with unknown genetic traits can be a disaster. Indoors you can control everything. So with todays seed availability, and for stealth, indoors is definitely better in my opinion.

But in other countries and other parts of the U.S. the phenol's are so tight to the region, from being bred year after year, the yield and potency can be amazing. Of course I have seen warehouses with 30' ceilings get plants up to 8 feet indoors in soil in California.

But the whole point was that outdoor light, humidity and temperature, with the proper strain, will almost certainly have better traits then the same strain indoors. In "Better traits, I include chemical content, metal content (I am allergic to base metals) taste, potency, aroma, and all that stuff.

I am by no means an expert on any of this stuff. But genetic traits of human, animals and plants are more of less the same. They adapt to their environment. If you plant Ice Queen outdoors in Southern California, chances are you will fail. Plant it in Canada, you may have a beautiful plant. But if it could be planted where the original strain came from, it would be more amazing then it already is.

Peace :) I give up, too much typing :-0
I hate to tell you but, you sound like a lot of educators i have known.All theory's and no practices!!!I will use that monster plant as a example.How many square meters does that plant take up?Let say 5.How tall? 4 meters?How long did it take to grow?9 months to a year?How much smokable bud did it produce?4-5lbs maybe more.Using the same genetics how much will you grow indoors in that time and space?Double or triple or maybe more using the NO MERCY method you talk so highly about.Do you think any grower in South America,Africa or Asia just plants a native strain and gets the same yield,taste and potency that any skilled grower will get indoors. I think not, even under perfect conditions,which do not exist outdoors.

Bottom line - More light = denser buds. Get your bulbs as close to the plants as you can without it feeling hot on your hand when you hold it between the plant and the light.

Also - more blue spectrum during flowering will create denser buds. Try getting one of the Hortilux Enhanced spectrum HPS bulbs - they have 25% more blue light than a regular HPS.

OR

Flower under a metal halide bulb - the buds will be smaller but more dense.

Peace
MC

can you switch back and forth between mh and hps during flowering to get big and dense buds?

And fellas(Boss and kush)have solice in the fact that both of you guys are right. trust me being right all the time only make YOU lonelier. I found this fact out first hand.:peace:

:scratchinghead::hmmmm::passitleft:Do you think it would be a waste if I was to use for example two 1000 watt enhanced spectrum HPS with two 400 watt enhanced red spectrum metal halides in a 8ftX8ft for nice hard tight but large buds? Instead off three 1000 watters,considering heat,power,and what ever else might make it more difficult to control enviroment efficiently for great big and tight buds.

So in comparison to using the three 1000's would the lights I mentioned be just as good,and this is only for the budding stage.I figured the HPS mixed with the MH would cause the largeness everyone wants with the tightness everyone loves.What ya think?

:loopy:I did not mean to hijack a thread.I was reading a comment by Madame Crash about the blue spectrum during flowering,plus I finallly found someone"gno111" that asked a question about tightness I would've asked, heir-go the excitement of this thread got me all hyper.Sorry bout that. Hey kickstart,I know More light tghter buds,but does mixing in alot of blue with the larger amount being red make it any easier to get the buds tight yet big,assuming nutes and water are right?

I been thinkin' about this for a couple days now,
and got to wonderin' :cheesygrinsmiley:
If the buds are tighter, is there room for trichs?
As I was bustin' open and cleanin' weed the other night it dawned on me,
with plant matter tightly packed against plant matter in a bud,
there are very fewer trichs.

There for,
would that strain have been "Better" if it had been allowed to stretch
and open the buds up more?
Therefore havin' more area to produce trichs? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have wondered the same thing before.All I can guess is the trichs can grow through the tightly packed plant matter "literally through it" or airy buds can grow more ,longer thicker trichs.Or have more potential to do so.

Back
Top Bottom