Anybody grow buds like this

djdmaze

420 Member
9D6F594C-B36A-40FF-9CAA-6B0B693BA013.jpeg

The hard dense tight compact buds. Is it strain? Does this specific grower only pick tight dense strains? Is it more method/skill? I grow hydro and I get fluffy dense crystally buds but hardly ever super tight like this. I also wonder is it simply the trim job? Any thoughts? Any hydro growers have these super tight rock nugget buds? What’s your method?

9D6F594C-B36A-40FF-9CAA-6B0B693BA013.jpeg

The hard dense tight compact buds. Is it strain? Does this specific grower only pick tight dense strains? Is it more method/skill? I grow hydro and I get fluffy dense crystally buds but hardly ever super tight like this. I also wonder is it simply the trim job? Any thoughts? Any hydro growers have these super tight rock nugget buds? What’s your method?
Hey @djdmaze hope you are well my friend.
Sorry about your harvest.
Unfortunately there is no magic bullet for hard nugs.
Any method can grow nugs or fluff.
It's a combination of a ton of parameters working together.
Stran/genetics, light energy, temp,rh,airflow, co2,nutrition/ timing,age,curing process,root structure................etc.
Work on perfecting all aspects of your grow and make sure you have a top of the line light.
Stay safe.
Bill

Quite honestly it's a little of both. Certain strains have denser buds, and growing techniques can have a big effect on bud density. Lighting is a huge factor too. Better light=better bud. Lastly, water quality (PH, TDS, EC) can have a big effect, as can the application and timing of nutrients which all affect bud size/density. Also keep a tight temperature and humidity range, adjust humidity for veg and flower. That said, start with quality genetics, use the best lighting you can afford. Pick your grow media,check your water supply, and use nutes at the prescribed rate and frequency.

light, genetics, and a good grower. in that order.
if you don't have the first two the last one can't do much about it.

I would say defo strain the main reason.
Big bud never tends to be so dense.
I find alot of indica produce dense buds.
Cookies dossido to name a few.
Most hazes I have grown to.

light, genetics, and a good grower. in that order.
if you don't have the first two the last one can't do much about it.
What he said...indicas have denser buds and sativas are fluffier but....all of the above are ways to increase the bud density regardless of strain choice. I'd like to add that:

-I can attest to the right lights adding much to your grow from my own experiences

-The right nutrients given in the right dosages at the right times is something I want to add to the list for you...

-A grower makes a harvest good or great from the tools they are given...it takes a special hand in conjunction with having all your operational ducks in a row.

Good luck! Search here for information on how to increase your yields and bud quality..there is a plethora of information for you to pile up and use for your next grow

I won't say all of my buds look like that, but a majority of them do. For me it is all about getting the LEDs in the right place so I am not quite burning up my plants, but almost! One tall plant that I don't supercrop to be able to keep the light down at a blooming level for the rest of the garden can end up making a whole crop soft, if I raise the lights just to accommodate that one tall plant. When I can get the lights within 18 inches of the canopy, it all seems to work out for the best.

it helps to run a biased light in flower. led in particular.

most led is built as full spectrum. many mfgrs will now allow you to order a light with a veg or flower bias. my own rig is a diy built to my specs with a flower bias. i'm gonna run a pre-built full-spec next and see how it does.

Thank you all for the replies. It seems a bit of everything, we’ve had a couple strains similar to the hard dense. Never grown them twice so i guess I’ll see more similarities with genetics as my experience grows
Can you keep a clone from each strain.
When you get good ones keep them as mothers.
Then you can run it a couple times and perfect her.
Just a thought.
Stay safe.
Bill

Given all things equal, genetics are key. Sativa generally = fluffy. There are exceptions and hybrids that get chunky but Indica or mostly indica = nugs. At least for me.

Nothing wrong with a fluffy sativa.

Given all things equal, genetics are key. Sativa generally = fluffy. There are exceptions and hybrids that get chunky but Indica or mostly indica = nugs. At least for me.

Nothing wrong with a fluffy sativa.
I can't really say much about Sativa's as I mostly grow Indica or Indica Dominant Hybrids. But I use to grow without an AC & my buds were never really hard & compact. They weren't what I'd call fluffy either though. Just nice looking buds that weren't really compact. After adding the AC my buds seem to get harder & more dense. Same strains / different breeders so not sure if that had something to do with it. But I'm thinking cooler temps the last 3-4 weeks of flower helps to get the compact, hard buds. Been my experience so far... or maybe just my imagination... lol.

Back
Top Bottom