Ace Sativa's Vs Haze

Jackalope

First you have to find the right Haze. Like a few others the name Haze has been brought into strains that no longer carry the idea of a Haze.
Pretty much ruining it like the Og handle.

Still it is hard to beat the high and flavor from a great Haze. Basically it is just a mix of sativa genetics. Back in the day before indica showed up.

You hear a lot about Ace's sativas these days. I really wonder how they match up to Haze or if they were even meant too. When I do start growing again I plan to have a designated flower tent and will be able to handle long winded sativas. I have some haze strains. Just wondering if I want to add one of the Ace sativa hybrids to the mix.

Each group is going to have their favorites. I just curious if anyone grows both?

Last year, I was gifted some of their Zamaldelica, Panama, maybe a cross of the two, maybe some of each (I don't really remember for sure). It looked good. Smelled okay for bud that was still green instead of having that "well-cured" look, must have tasted okay, too, because I probably would have remembered a *bad* experience.

Seems like it got me high the first couple of times I smoked it. But then I ended up smoking all of the rest of it over the next couple days, trying to chase a buzz. But that seems to happen to everything I get these days. A friend of mine went with me (drove) to visit the wonderful woman who gave it to me because I offered to split all gifts (multiple strains) 50/50 with him if we didn't get pulled over on the way back, or I guess a three-way with LEO if we did get pulled over and couldn't eat it all before the cop got to his window, lol. Anyway, I asked him about a month later and he told me that everything we brought back got him at least mildly high up to and including the last bowl full of each strain. So I'm assuming that their strains are about as good as any of the other 32,768 strains offered for sale in seed form today.

It's all about the same, isn't it, lol? I mean... it's not like any strain is anything special after you've consumed regularly for a year or 38 :rolleyes: . I did get to try some of those high-test (75% to 96% THC) vaporizer cartridges in recent months. They seemed to get me there - the first time or two I smoked them, or after I hadn't been there for "a while."

I wish I was ten years old again. I'd wait ~39 years to start consuming cannabis, and then I'd be experiencing it for the first time now instead of wondering why I still look forward to trying to get high. . . .

Thank you.

I have run across what you are talking about before. Tolerance is a evil evil thing. Sometimes it is the strains like you have mentioned. Other times it is just too much of the same weed.

My first fix was to grow multiple strains at once so I wasn't smoking all of one strain. That really helps. Other than that I worked to find strains that kept working for me. There is a difference. You are right when you classify all those strains as average and alike. That is true, lots are. There are special strain's out there. The worst thing a person can do is think that what most are doing is the same as the ones that are doing it right.

First you have to find the right Haze. Like a few others the name Haze has been brought into strains that no longer carry the idea of a Haze.
Pretty much ruining it like the Og handle.

Still it is hard to beat the high and flavor from a great Haze. Basically it is just a mix of sativa genetics. Back in the day before indica showed up.

You hear a lot about Ace's sativas these days. I really wonder how they match up to Haze or if they were even meant too. When I do start growing again I plan to have a designated flower tent and will be able to handle long winded sativas. I have some haze strains. Just wondering if I want to add one of the Ace sativa hybrids to the mix.

Each group is going to have their favorites. I just curious if anyone grows both?

I am currently running Bangi Haze F9's which I believe originated from Ace Seeds, and then was worked to F9. They are still in very early veg and wont be flowered until my current seed project is done. If ya want to follow along you can click on my journal link below and watch the project in real time.

I really don't know personally what classifies a "haze" and tried to look it up one day and came to the conclusion it seems to be sativa's from either asia or africa, but really didn't get a specific description.

The bangi haze I have is a Stablilized congolese/nepalese hybrid.

I wanted to get some pure sativa's into my garden and didn't have any haze's so figured why not bangi... so we will see how well it rates with my other "keepers"

Feel free to follow along. I only update my journal about 1x per week or 2, but still fun :)

I really don't know personally what classifies a "haze" and tried to look it up one day and came to the conclusion it seems to be sativa's from either asia or africa, but really didn't get a specific description.

My own "personal working definition" has been a mostly-sativa hybrid combining genetics from both Central and/or South America and Asia. Or Central and/or South America and Africa. Or Central and/or South America, Asia, and Africa. With perhaps a minimal contribution from the Afghani region to end up with a result that finishes flowering before its second birthday.

There's that "classic haze flavor," but it might not be present in every phenotype of every possible genetic combination.

Good smoke. Giggles. Smoking it and thinking, "Well, this is okay." And then standing up and realizing that you're really, really high. Finding that your cheeks are hurting because you've got an epic grin, thinking that you don't want the entire universe to know that you're soaring at 65,000 feet, so you decide to remove your grin - and fail miserably. Finding that you're so full of energy that you can do anything, so you rush outside... and end up spending the next couple of hours laying on your back (in the front yard? :rolleyes: ) looking at clouds. Thinking there's no way you could possibly get any higher, then taking one more hit and learning how wrong you were. That skimpy cured-so-well-it's-a-light-brown stuff that, if you threw it on the table at a party, it'd probably end up on the floor where it got knocked by a bunch of younglings who were fighting over some greasy, chunky indica (those silly kids...). The stuff that, if you were still dealing, you'd spend the entire six (or more) months that it was growing thinking about how you were going to make a killing at the prices you''d charge (mentally raising the price over and over again as the time seems to drag on and on and on and...) - and then smoking one tiny little sample bud and deciding to keep it all for head stash.

Good smoke, man, haze is good smoke. The kind of bud you might throw down when trying to make your getaway, because newbies who get hold of the stuff would end up so hopelessly confused that they wouldn't be able to follow you across a deserted street.

The kind of bud that, after being told you were only getting ONE hit out of a bowl and, therefore, inhaling smoke down to your toes and (of course) immediately coughing for the next three minutes straight, you say, "Doggone it, I just wasted that one. Can I have another?" And then walk into a convenience store to get a bottle of Mountain Dew, place it on the counter, dig out a handful of change, stand there looking at the change and blinking stupidly... and then finally dropping it all in a pile on the counter and telling the cashier, "You're going to have to do it because I'm way too high right now." (Oops, that was the Florida Swamp Bud, grown by a wrinkled old Seminole Indian woman. But you get the picture.)

The bangi haze I have is a Stablilized congolese/nepalese hybrid.

That seems like it could produce some very interesting bud. And, furthermore, be an interesting breeding partner.

Can I be your neighbor? ;)

Tortured Soul summed it up pretty well. It started by using the Central America strains to shorten the flower time of the power house Asian sativas. When Indica showed up it was used instead. That's when weed really changed.

The Haze name is now so overused you can't pick a strain by name anymore. I ignore anything that is not sativa dominant.

That is why the comparison. Ace sativa strains are mostly new mixes of sativas. Outcomes should be similar at times. One thing about Ace. Is the way they refer to most strains is as landrace. Landrace does not mean stable. Plus they are so obscure you really can't research them. I can care less where they come from. I want to know what the effects are.

The F-9 part says a lot. Pretty much means it took someone that long to stabilize it. Something that should have been done to begin with. Don't get me wrong. Lots of the new Hazes are not stabilized any more than the Ace strains.

One of my favorite Haze strains is basically a old school California haze. Cannalope has been around for a long time. While not every plant will have the great haze flavor. They all have a well rounded high with no burn out at the end. The effects of other Haze strains will vary. They should have a up high with little burn out.

Don't confuse Haze with everyday weed. Yes you may have the energy to do things, If you can remember what you were doing.

Back
Top Bottom