Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Nutes

This is awesome stuff, as a noob getting ready, i think these AN "perfect PH" nutes would be super for the new grower. Just have the good ol' ph tester handy to keep an eye on things. another note added to the nopob beginners grow book.

hey cryodude yeah man dont be shy always ask away! And from what i've read even though they say they are "PH perfect" doesn't mean they keep your PH constant from what I gather is that yes they do help keep your PH levels stablerr but with a large plant no matter what that PH is ganna rise in a hydroponic system after some time so you gatta be there checking that sucker atleast once a day with your PH meter!!!

Im using a DWC bucket which is a very sympal yet HEAVY yeild effective style of growing! Dude I picked up 7 freaking ounces my first go at it!!! If you check the thread in my sig that is a completed journal thats the plant, and I wasn't using C02 or a Scrog net or anything!!!!!! Just a bucket with silver tape, two air stones (mandatory in a DWC bucket) and I used good nutrients (DUtch Master Grow A and B for Veg and Sensi Bloom A and B for bloom with Kushi Kush as a booster and alittle bit of sensizyme and h202 (hydrogen peroxide) when I encountered warm water temps (i've even adapted to using frozen bottles in my set rez to chill the water atleast on some of my plants the big cahoona i'm growing right now has a gnarly chiller all to herself but thats a down the road kinda thing when your really getting into it). Anyways take it easy Cryodude and good luck growing!!!

Let me know if you decide on DWC or whatever and I can always throw some pointers your way!

-Hydrologist

Hydrologist, i checked your grow threads, Sandra wwas BEEUtiful!! and this new one, the young shephard, you should call it the "GREEN BUD BEAST". That looks totally insane after 30 days of flower.. that one is a gonna be a WHOPPER!! Grats and continued good luck on that grow.

thanks man make sure to post on it so you can "subscribe" and be updated from your control panel when new post like pictures and info are posted. Now you see why I try to get people to do DWC its awesome! and We didn't do anything that special with sandra when you really think about it, it was both of our's first grow and it was insaine! Now I have my own grow going as he has his so this next one is going crazy!!! very happy. take it ez homie.
hydro

Actually AN says you dont ever adjust this nutrient ever all you do is make sure your starting water is withing 4.5-8.5 then add the nutes and dont do anything else except change resevoirs when you normally would or water if you use soil,

wow, so use your good ol' dechlorinated RO water and just be sure the drainage is good and sit back and watch.. that is the shit i need, FUCKIN' foolproof!! hah.

That is how they explain it in the videos I saw on youtube of the urban grower in a canadian legal medical garden 49plants all using the ppm perfect look up the video and see what they look like and they say no meters needed at all . Personally just seeing what big bud has done by adding it into my grow I have already decided for my next grow I am gonna purchase the full ppm perfect hobbyist system which should run me $240 but I should be able to get almost 3 crop cycles out of it which isnt to bad.

Thanks Cateros. I will need to get on their site and check that out as well.

I just checked out Hydrologists grow - frakkin awesome. I love huge trees.

AN just keeps amazing me. I was watching an Urban Grower video, something about Spannabis I think and they were talking about some new base nutes called Jungle Juice.

From what I gathered it sounds like their answer to the complaints about their prices, AN is making a nutrient that basically copies the other company's formulas, a basic formula that doesn't have their enhanced chelation and other bells and whistles, and they said it was going to cost a lot less than the competition's.

Should be interesting.

I just checked out Hydrologists grow - frakkin awesome. I love huge trees.

AN just keeps amazing me. I was watching an Urban Grower video, something about Spannabis I think and they were talking about some new base nutes called Jungle Juice.

From what I gathered it sounds like their answer to the complaints about their prices, AN is making a nutrient that basically copies the other company's formulas, a basic formula that doesn't have their enhanced chelation and other bells and whistles, and they said it was going to cost a lot less than the competition's.

Should be interesting.

What? Haven't heard of Jungle Juice before.

Now I'm checking out the video...it's at YouTube - Spannabis 2011 Big Mike Advanced Nutrients.

Huh, always good things coming from AN.

Actually AN says you dont ever adjust this nutrient ever all you do is make sure your starting water is withing 4.5-8.5 then add the nutes and dont do anything else except change resevoirs when you normally would or water if you use soil,

seriously? Then yeah I have no idea what the hydro guys are smoking then. But it must be moldy cuz that dudes trippn''' haha get it! lol But thats fucking dope so no way it'll seriously stay within perfect ranges? and you've first hand witnessed yes?

I don't know about the whole range of pH, but I can tell you for sure that it dials in perfect with RO water and even if the pH wanders a bit after that the plants don't show any sign of pH problems.

So it's confirmed that RO water is "set it and forget it".

ok, here is my take on it. I have a masters degree in molecular plant science and have been propagating plants hydroponically for the last 12 years. What Advanced Nutrients is best at is MARKETING. I have used their pH perfect nutes and they are ok at best. I used to mix my own nutrients using reagent grade compounds and that was quite expensive. So, I started buying nutrient solutions from various suppliers...ADvanced nutrients, Fox farm, general hydroponics, and blueplanet nutrients. I have had the best luck with Blue Planet Nutrients Grow/Micro/Bloom and it is less than Half the cost of advanced nutrients! I use DWC method and I change my nutrient solution once every 2 weeks. My water is basically a neutral pH and when I add blueplanet nutes to my reservoirs, the pH adjusts to 5.6 and stays between 5.5 and 6.1 for the entire 2 weeks before I change the nutrient solution. just saying....:tokin:

ok, here is my take on it. I have a masters degree in molecular plant science and have been propagating plants hydroponically for the last 12 years. What Advanced Nutrients is best at is MARKETING. I have used their pH perfect nutes and they are ok at best. I used to mix my own nutrients using reagent grade compounds and that was quite expensive. So, I started buying nutrient solutions from various suppliers...ADvanced nutrients, Fox farm, general hydroponics, and blueplanet nutrients. I have had the best luck with Blue Planet Nutrients Grow/Micro/Bloom and it is less than Half the cost of advanced nutrients! I use DWC method and I change my nutrient solution once every 2 weeks. My water is basically a neutral pH and when I add blueplanet nutes to my reservoirs, the pH adjusts to 5.6 and stays between 5.5 and 6.1 for the entire 2 weeks before I change the nutrient solution. just saying....:tokin:

I totally agree. Imagine that, the Urban Grower getting an exlusive with big Mike, wow how'd he pull that one off.

Never heard of blue planet though.

Under ideal conditions you won't see a lot of pH drift from anything but truly crappy nutrients. If you have everything dialed in correctly and the plants are happy and healthy, the pH shouldn't change enough to be a serious concern.

HOWEVER, no one can really expect perfection grow after grow. If you don't believe me, just check out some of the grow journals of the really awesome growers on this and other forums. It's more common for them to face and overcome at least one significant problem on every grow.

That's why I value something like AN's effort to improve the pH stability and make their nutrients perform better outside normal pH ranges. I can't guarantee perfect grows any more than the next guy can, and every little thing I have that stacks the deck in my favor is totally worth it.

It's funny, every sport or hobby always has this great divide between groups even though we have way more in common than most.

Ski/snowboard
Soil/hydro
Windsurf/Kiteboard
GH/AN
Hang Glide/Para Glide
Air Cool/Water Cool
digital/Analog

The list goes on....

Under ideal conditions you won't see a lot of pH drift from anything but truly crappy nutrients. If you have everything dialed in correctly and the plants are happy and healthy, the pH shouldn't change enough to be a serious concern.

HOWEVER, no one can really expect perfection grow after grow. If you don't believe me, just check out some of the grow journals of the really awesome growers on this and other forums. It's more common for them to face and overcome at least one significant problem on every grow.

That's why I value something like AN's effort to improve the pH stability and make their nutrients perform better outside normal pH ranges. I can't guarantee perfect grows any more than the next guy can, and every little thing I have that stacks the deck in my favor is totally worth it.

ive used the nutrients and it really matters to have RO water the ability of voodoo juice and a little sensi 2 part and ph levels go from 6.0-6.5-5.8 all through the day so the plants are able to use diffent nutrients that would normally lock out if your ph stays to low or high . also knocked 5 days off of cloning time had killer root system with my dwc cloner didnt even had to change out water once and didnt add any ph up or down . set it ,forget it , and had clones 100% 7 days later ..........one word pretty much sums it up easy!

Back
Top Bottom