Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Nutes

Now what I would really like to see is AN release their perfect pH buffer as a stand alone additive, so that it could be used with any nutrient line. It seems the concept would be compatible with other nutes since the coated acid and alkaline molecules should react to their environment. I wonder if Big Mike would consider that, or if they want to keep it strictly for AN products only.

Maybe there is an opportunity for someone with the knowledge and technology to develop a new self adjusting buffer solution (unless one already exists that I haven't seen?).

Perhaps, but not wit an's tech. They are very clear in the literature about how it's done. It's not a special buffer. For example, you can get nitrogen from different sources and you can get potassium from different sources. It's that the source molecules are selected for their ability to balance each other. So its done by matching the kind of potassium source with a complimentary kind of nitrogen source. In other words it is the base nutes that make ph perfect work. I am paraphrasing, but that is the general idea.

Either way an rocks and I Don't generally use anything else.

If you call that useful information it's pretty clear that you didn't start the thread to get any actual information.

Indeed. I have used many different brands. I use an only now. I don't think they Are overpriced compared to the results compared to the competition. Simple science...

I cants share about ph perfect because haven't switched yet. I came here to see what I could learn about the new products.

Thanks for keeping it on track.

Perhaps, but not wit an's tech. They are very clear in the literature about how it's done. It's not a special buffer. For example, you can get nitrogen from different sources and you can get potassium from different sources. It's that the source molecules are selected for their ability to balance each other. So its done by matching the kind of potassium source with a complimentary kind of nitrogen source. In other words it is the base nutes that make ph perfect work. I am paraphrasing, but that is the general idea.

Either way an rocks and I Don't generally use anything else.

That is EXACTLY how creating a pH balanced product is made....there are no proprietary secrets developed by pHD scientists. Anyone with a background in chemistry and plant plysiology can create a product that that is pH balanced. What bothers me about AN's pH perfect line is that they claim to use amino chelated micronutrients....which they do use. BUT...they also use EDTA, DTPA, EDDHA synthetic chelators....all very good molecules but not the best....in how much of each? a pinch of the good stuff and the rest is synthetic chelates? I dunno....but I suspect.............
Not to hijack this thread but i am working on a 2-part hydroponic solution with ONLY amino acid chelators.....none of those synthetics...even they work well. An animo acid chelate will become a usable source of nitrogen for the plant after the ion that the chelate was holding is used! But, if you market a product that has amino acid chelators....then only use them...they are best...don't market it as the best when corners are being cut....just my 2 cents.

That is EXACTLY how creating a pH balanced product is made....there are no proprietary secrets developed by pHD scientists. Anyone with a background in chemistry and plant plysiology can create a product that that is pH balanced. What bothers me about AN's pH perfect line is that they claim to use amino chelated micronutrients....which they do use. BUT...they also use EDTA, DTPA, EDDHA synthetic chelators....all very good molecules but not the best....in how much of each? a pinch of the good stuff and the rest is synthetic chelates? I dunno....but I suspect.............
Not to hijack this thread but i am working on a 2-part hydroponic solution with ONLY amino acid chelators.....none of those synthetics...even they work well. An animo acid chelate will become a usable source of nitrogen for the plant after the ion that the chelate was holding is used! But, if you market a product that has amino acid chelators....then only use them...they are best...don't market it as the best when corners are being cut....just my 2 cents.

Nice Plug! Well placed, relevent and educational.

I'm gonna have to check you guys out.

I think the way Burger King makes their burgers is really stupid. It's all hype with the flame broiled thing and I totally know how they should do it. I'm working on creating a national burger chain that will make much tastier burgers using especially awesome ingredients.

I don't have enough research done yet to know if it can be done, or if it can be done cheaply enough to make the nutrients - I mean burgers - affordable. But I can totally rip on the company that's already brought a successful product to market because that's infinitely easier than actually competing with them.

I don't know about anyone else, but I get suspicious when a person with ONE post starts saying they have insider info. So shill-y.

Plus, the link doesn't even work. Good try though. LOL

The link worked for me. It's not insider information it is an article about how AN has an order to stop selling their products in Oregon due to misleading labeling and claims about their products.

Here is a link to the State of Oregon's site with the stop sales order:
ODA Pesticides Division Fertilizer program stop sales

Do a Google search and you will find plenty of information from the State's website as well as a Notice of Noncompliance to AN.

If you look at the lab results that Oregon posted on Big Bud, they are way over their stated limits on Lead, Arsenic, Mercury, Cadmium and Nickel

AN SUCKS

Just as I posted way back in this thread...!

I have been using Dyna-Gro up against the best that AN has to offer and Dyna-Gro is blowing AN out of the water!
Period...Save your$$$ and buy other needed things not Bshit An products what a joke they Are!!!!

Have tryed many hydronutrients of them all is "Advanced Nutrients"! Their constantly being improved to the effect that their now PH perfect. After finding the strength ppm, sweet spot, of where my girls need to be depending on what week their at mixing my reservoir couldn't be any easier. There are some nutrients that Advance Nutrients just can't compete against, which are far an few inbetween, but Big Mike goes as far as even promoting them. What other CEO would ever do that let alone admit it? It's past time to break the nutrient monopolies that steals are hard earned money. Advance Nutrients are designed for the plants we grow. I believe that I truely get more bang for my buck using Advance Nutrients and stock pile to make sure I'll never run out. This is my testimony for Advance Nutrients.

First time grower, experimenting with different strains, and nutrient ratios, using the AN ph perfect line. Have 4 ladies (pineapple chunk, delicious caramelo, l.s.d. and tangerine dream, all fem seeds) and a wildcard BB seed all under 400w MH, and 2 100W cree led arrays.
3 weeks into veg for all but the pineapple (first one dried out while germinating, so the second is a week behind)
Have been slowly working up to the recommended dosage across all strains, on the last feeding at 3/4 strength (read about 850 ppm) the caramelo got blotchy brown spots on the center of the older leaves and everybody went a lil yellow, flushed the caramelo, and a good plain watering for the rest of them, seem to be ok.
This time I went with a 2-2-1 (grow, micro, bloom) ratio at 1/2 strength and they perked back up.
My question is (I know I'm a noob, but an extremely well read noob) AN suggests a 1;1;1 ratio throughout the entire cycle, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a N-burn on my ladies, but too muck K... shouldn't this ratio vary between veg and bloom phases? Like a 2:winkyface:1 during veg and a 1:winkyface:2 during bloom (yes over simplifying but you get the idea)
Everything else isn't too out of whack, pro-mix veg soil with added pearlite, and a handfull of castings and compost on top) I PH my tapwater to 6 and leave it out overnight to de-chlorinate, temps are 22-30 (a lil high but my cab is outside in the garage) and the lights are on 24/0, planning on veggin until I can't keep them under a foot high using l.s.t.
:yummy:

Am not expert, but have found going 1-1-1 thru out veg an bloom has done well with amendments. Lots of Nirvana an B-52. They say using N.A. nut's calcium won't be a problem which I question. However, hv found most any problem that has been encountered alittle extra magnesium takes care of it since it controls the chlorophyll production and enzyme breakdowns. I use Humblolt cal-mag or botanicare cal-mag additive for any corrections. MG is common deficient either in soil or hydro, I do both an find the same prob. MG is moble so it can show up most anywhere. Alittle extra won't hurt the girl if it is the problem or not. Allot of times I let them grow out of any problem unless it's severe. Sometimes over reacting just causes needless time wasting. The only thing you didn't mention was Co2? Don't think that wld cause any problem like your describing but otherwise all sounds environmentally good. Magnesium issue is food for thought. Actually, alittle flower nutrient during veg always helps round off their diet. Our breed of plants are K hogs and can not get enough of it as Big Mike says, I add hydroplex from botanicare even during veg cause it gives that extra boost when its needed to blast off, hence, B-52. Usually Nirvana takes care of it, but the high end nut's can get alittle out of hand. Adding about any quality finishing nutrient during veg can help prevent minor aillments. Your doing good,

The link worked for me. It's not insider information it is an article about how AN has an order to stop selling their products in Oregon due to misleading labeling and claims about their products.

Here is a link to the State of Oregon's site with the stop sales order:
ODA Pesticides Division Fertilizer program stop sales

Do a Google search and you will find plenty of information from the State's website as well as a Notice of Noncompliance to AN.

If you look at the lab results that Oregon posted on Big Bud, they are way over their stated limits on Lead, Arsenic, Mercury, Cadmium and Nickel

This is OLD news. It's not even news. Advanced Nutrients ran a few articles about this in their magazine and so on. It's an issue with the stupid red tape in the US bureaucracy. Every state makes their own rules about what you can and can't put on a label, mainly because they can and they powertrip on crap like that. If you don't dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s you can't sell your stuff in their state and AN just catches the worst of it because they're constantly improving their formulas, which means they have to reapply and restart the whole process every time they change something.

Where is the BS about heavy metals you're talking about anyway?

Go to the Oregon State page and look at their lab analysis of the AN Big Bud.
State of Oregon: Oregon Department of Agriculture

Here's one page here, you can see that almost all of the micro nutrients are are way below what they are guaranteeing on the label. That is what you can and can't put on labels. Basically if you are lying about what is in the product you can't sell it in Oregon at least.
Oregon Department of Agriculture: Pesticide and Fertilizer Programs

Here's another page that you can do more research on.
State of Oregon: Oregon Department of Agriculture

I don't know how much lead and mercury you consider acceptable in your meds, but something closer to zero would be a good number.

And since this is a state report, I don't think it qualifies as BS, so a simple "sorry, I didn't bother to Google it myself before I called you a liar" would be fine.

Hmmmm...

Those Oregon state reports and violations look pretty serious if you ask me. The amount missing from the tested samples compared to what is stated to be there and guaranteed on the label is pretty darned significant!

Since 420 Mag seems to run a lot of ads for Advanced Nutrients, I am still curious as to how their stuff compares to something like FoxFarm GROW BIG and BIG BLOOM?

I have been really happy with the results from using the FoxFarm stuff but after I just followed one of the AN Jungle Juice banner ads here I started reading about the Micro/Grow/Bloom and how it compares to the similar GH stuff.

I don't have an AN dealer anywhere near me so I would have to order from their website. The cost for a 4 liter bottle of each would run me $60.24 + 17.60 for shipping.

I have no idea if this is a good deal or not. Can anyone weigh in on the Jungle Juice stuff? Would I see any significant difference in bud quality yield by switching from FoxFarm to this stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Have heard same stuff about Botanicare nutrients, especially their product "Sweet". But it works great! Having grown for nearly four years, I've found that I interact many nutrients amongst one another, after using one specific line of nut's solely on one crop at a time to really see what kind of results they have. For instance, Voodoo juice by A.N is very expensive but Aqua-shield by botanicare does pritty much the same at a fraction of the cost. Thats only my opinion, even though am sure it could be rebutted. A.N's are very spendy. Each line of manufactures usually has their number one seller. Botanicare is Liquid Karma, Hydro Fuel is Massive, GH is floricious, A.N. seems to be all of them but I'd say B-52 or Nirvana, so on so forth. I use the best products out of four different hydroponic nutrient companies to complete my feeding program, plus a few specific nuits for special needs depending on the strain I happen to be growing or what kind of medium(soil vs soilless, coco, hydrostones, stg, etc.,,) The growing medium an/or seed strain can drain certain nuits that may have to be amended. The more a person can control the uncontrolled variables the better the crop. A.N. nutrients adds like fulic an humic acids to some of their nutrients so alot of amendmts are alrdy preped plus their ph balanced for my hydro girls so thats a big convenience. But does it out weight the cost vs getting any money back, besides having some of the best medicine available on the market is the question. Personnally, am tired of mixing 3-part nuits. Will use them for large reservoir, otherwise have gone back to simple 2-part hydro fuel that is also made by a canadian company that uses medical grade and pharmacodical raw ingrediants that cost allot less, mixed with A.N's amendments. In a nutshell, a person might want to experiment to see what works best for themself according to each growing need an how much money a person wants to be out. If Foxfarm works for you stay with it or just gradually try some of A.N's to decide on jumping into their line of products or not. I'm going after the most yield while always trying to pass the highest cleanest quality of medicine at the lowest cost to make. Mixing nutrients seems to work for me.(If nothing else, I highly recommend Final Phase, A.N., flush. It acts as a declawer to rid most all chemicals out of the plant before harvest.) No matter how good after harvest, they will only go for what the market allows for, so the cost of the nutrients can play a major roll in switching. Final Flush equals endgame. 420 photos are some of the best I've seen around but how do they taste? Probably will get some response from that statment, LOL's,,,,,,Happy Gardening,

Hmmmm...

Those Oregon state reports and violations look pretty serious if you ask me. The amount missing from the tested samples compared to what is stated to be there and guaranteed on the label is pretty darned significant!

Since 420 Mag seems to run a lot of ads for Advanced Nutrients, I am still curious as to how their stuff compares to something like FoxFarm GROW BIG and BIG BLOOM?

I have been really happy with the results from using the FoxFarm stuff but after I just followed one of the AN Jungle Juice banner ads here I started reading about the Micro/Grow/Bloom and how it compares to the similar GH stuff.

I don't have an AN dealer anywhere near me so I would have to order from their website. The cost for a 4 liter bottle of each would run me $60.24 + 17.60 for shipping.

I have no idea if this is a good deal or not. Can anyone weigh in on the Jungle Juice stuff? Would I see any significant difference in bud quality yield by switching from FoxFarm to this stuff?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a little surprized 420mag allows the link for AN's ad to a page full of half truths and propaganda. So their copy of GH is 1/2 the price and there's a recent goverment document showing that ANs products don't have what they claim inside. Doesn't take a genius, just basic math on this one.

I would be curious to hear AN's side of the story and also 420 Mag's opinion since they continue to run their ads and advertise them as one of their respected sponsors.

I am always open to trying new stuff if it will improve my yields etc., but I have to say, that Oregon State lab report is pretty damning!

Back
Top Bottom